Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice will release September 2016 on 3DS

Today, Capcom has confirmed that the much-anticipated next instalment in the Ace Attorney courtroom drama series will make its way to Europe and North America as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice sees Phoenix in a brand new courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura'in, home of the Kurain Channelling Technique, where mysterious s?ance trials decide the fate of all defendants. Brand new to the series is the S?ance Sight gameplay mechanic that allows the player to revisit the last moments of a victim's life. Players must fight to unravel the contradictions in the testimony of the dead, cross-examining the Royal Priestess' Spirit Insight to see the sensations a victim felt just before death. Meanwhile, defense attorney Apollo Justice faces his own challenges, taking cases for the Wright Anything Agency and trying to discover the long-kept secrets of his past. Both our heroes are joined by a host of returning friends and adversaries in their fight to bring about justice.

Filled with puzzling cases to solve, the new game also brings back and improves on the interactive scientific investigation features from previous entries, including directly dusting evidence for fingerprints and examining video footage to discover the hidden secrets of a crime scene. Also returning are the popular Mood Matrix emotion detector and Revisualisation critical deduction mechanics. In addition to this arsenal of investigation techniques, players can now change the difficulty level of the game by turning off hints, making for a more challenging case.

This narrative adventure stars beloved defence attornies Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice, and sees the return of many familiar faces alongside some interesting new additions. The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS(TM) family of systems in Europe and North America in September this year at an MSRP of GBP 24.99 / EUR 29.99 / USD 29.99.

0_2_Phoenix_ojbection_1462954085.jpg 1_2_Apollo_shy_1462954086.jpg 2_1_Reyfa_silence_1462954086.jpg 2_4_Reyfa_dance_1462954267.jpg
5_2_Judge_angry_1462954087.jpg 6_4_insight_1462954087.jpg 7_2_courtroom_1462954088.jpg 7_3_foreign_town_temple_1462954088.jpg

:arrow:Capcom Official Site

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ooh, nice. I'm not sure I dig the heavy spirit focus, but if it introduces some cool new gameplay mechanics, I'm okay with it. As for the digital only thing - yeah, physical is nicer, but as a tradeoff, this game is much cheaper than the average 3DS game. I'll take a 30$ launch price digital only game over a 45$ physical.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So hyped. These games are a joy from the very beginning to the end. I'm a bit surprised that Capcom only wants €30 for it. The Great AA will receive a fanslation I believe.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they have more costumes to choose from like the last game. Please let there be a bikini outfit for Athena cykes and Maya fey. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also, please capcom; ship Maya with phoenix already!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hyped. These games are a joy from the very beginning to the end. I'm a bit surprised that Capcom only wants €30 for it. The Great AA will receive a fanslation I believe.
People have already started one. Who knows when it'll be finished, though...

And I'm also one of the people who've never heard of this game before. When I saw this on the front page I thought it was a localization of the prequel. Oh well, new Ace Attorney is still new Ace Attorney.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
This year is shaping up to have a very good lineup! New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer, Civilization 6 Announced, and a new Ace Attorney localization, all within two days? Hell yeah. We have another Witcher 3 expansion pack coming, along with Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Star Citizen, and more. And moving on into next year, we have the Nintendo NX, which will likely have a whole realm of new awesomeness to bring with it.

It's gonna be a good year, gents.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I think I might pirate a digital North American copy first and buy a physical Japanese copy afterwards. Or just buy a digital North American copy, I dunno.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point does it stop being a pun and start being racist?
How is that racist? It's someone (who appears to be Indian) with the name "I'll be your guide," who is actually a guide. It's not like he's from Africa and they stuck fried chicken somewhere into his name.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Guess who has he massive boner right now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope they have more costumes to choose from like the last game. Please let there be a bikini outfit for Athena cykes and Maya fey. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also, please capcom; ship Maya with phoenix already!
How about Maya's school girl costume from Phoenix Drive? Or her maid outfit in Trials and Tribulations?

Reactions: cooroxd

Incolbum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if DLC will be making its return.
i actually kind of hope it does.
I mean, are attorney games are usually very complete as they ship out. The DLC is usually another chapter's worth of content. It's more generous than most DLC as it is already. It takes a lot of time to translate and localize a single chapter of a normal game, let alone an ace attorney game. I definitely wouldn't mind paying for it. If the DLC is anything like the DLC for dual destinies, which was a great story extension, then I wouldnt be angry.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i actually kind of hope it does.
I mean, are attorney games are usually very complete as they ship out. The DLC is usually another chapter's worth of content. It's more generous than most DLC as it is already. It takes a lot of time to translate and localize a single chapter of a normal game, let alone an ace attorney game. I definitely wouldn't mind paying for it. If the DLC is anything like the DLC for dual destinies, which was a great story extension, then I wouldnt be angry.

I remember you have to pay $2 DLC just for Phoenix wright to button his jacket lol.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There will also be costumes in the game.

Wright will be having Furio Tigre's suit. Apollo will be wearing the protagonist from The Great Ace Attorney's clothes or at least, something simillar to it and Athena will wear Maya's maid outfit from Recipe for Turnabout.

2016-05-12 14.56.10.jpg

This might be pre-order DLC so fuck that.

Pearl is also in the game as shown above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs