OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey.

So I recently got a phone, HTC Desire Z.

I'm trying to connect to my wireless router. I typed in the correct WEP key but when I try to connect, I get to "Obtaining IP Address" > "Disconnected" and back again. It does endless loops and doesn't connect. It connect to another router fine at the phone shop so I don't know what's wrong.

The router I'm using is Linksys WRT54G, Wireless-G.

My laptop and desktop connect just fine.

Urgent help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you haven't already, go into the settings of your router and see if MAC filtering is turned on. This is done by opening http://192.168.0.1 (if there is no response, run ipconfig and copy and use the default gateway ip) in your browser, typing in default Linksys logins, admin/admin or /admin unless you've changed it, and then looking around for it in the settings.

If MAC filtering is turned on, either turn it off or add the MAC adress of your phone.

You can also try resetting your router.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Along with checking mac filtering listed above, check the wireless settings on the router and phone, to see which specification they are using, B,G,N, etc, and make sure they are matching up.

I had been working with getting a laptop connecting to a router and finally realized that the router was set to only one spec and not multiple to improve performance (which was not the one the laptop used), but the laptop could still discover and try to connect, just fail until the router was set to use multiple specifications.

Good luck

Porygon-X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for all your replies.

I ended up having to reset the router because I forgot the username and password to my wireless settings. When I was setting up my router again, my dad found the old settings.

Life Sucks.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
weird, never had this problem with my desire Z.
Try adding the network manually. My Z does this as well once in a while, but it usually fixes itself.

anyway, hope you enjoy yours
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...