X360 Trinity and RGH3 no video

Solo761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi all, I hope this isn't discussed somewhere already. I haven't been able to find anything useful...

The story is this. I have one X360 Trinity that I wanted to RGH3. I'm using picoflasher for NAND manipulation.

First I soldered wires on back side of motherboard like in this tutorial. Only difference is that I used "classic" 10k resistor in middle of kynar wire, like Mr Mario uses in his video tutorial, and not SMD one like in the tutorial.

After that I soldered wire header for NAND and read it (using "j-runner with extras") without issues. After that I choose glitch2 and RGH3, click "Create Xell" button and "Write Xell". No problems there, it flashes successfully.

Next step is to connect it to TV via HDMI, turn on and this is where my problem arrives. It turns on, center LED blinks green and that's about it. No image on TV, green LED just keeps blinking until I touch power button again and it turns off. I tried connecting DVD and that "solves" blinking LED, but there's still no image on screen.

If I flash original NAND back (with "retail" selected in j-runner, of course) and remove wires from back of the motherboard it boots normally as stock. With image and everything. So it's not bricked...

I've rechecked wire points, soldered them again and tried procedure from beginning and same thing happened. Checked for shorts on both RGH wires and NAND wires, everything checks out. Undid the procedure and XBox works fine as stock...

At this point I'm all out of ideas. Is this perhaps an issue with HDMI? That Xell doesn't output video over HDMI on Trinity consoles? Although I tried connecting LAN cable to it, but router didn't show any new DHCP devices, i.e. it didn't ask router for IP address so I guess it didn't actually work.

Is it perhaps resistor issue? That 10k is too much for this board? Although when I checked resistance of wire with resistor it came out at around 9k Ohm, so it's lower than 10k anyway...

Solo761

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In the end I managed to make it work.

It seems firmware was the issue. I supposed it was already updated to 17559 since console was in use. But it turns out it wasn't. I updated it online and, resoldered wires back and now Xell booted fine and procedure went without any glitches.

Shadyz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i managed to do exactly the same you've done, but was wondering if i can update firmware with picoflasher? that way i don't have to re-solder, and I also had an issue on the NAND where one of the joints i was trying to get a better connection to just wouldn't take my metal to make a joint, any tips? thanks!
Post automatically merged:

I did end up getting a good enough connection to flash successfully, just no signal now on my tv. and i messed around with my pico and it came un-soldered :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY