Physical Xbox One copies of Kingdom Hearts III have leaked over a month prior to release

i2jCn9h.jpg

If you thought copies of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate finding their way to the public a week before launch was bad, then wait until you hear this one. While Kindgom Hearts III's January 25th launch is almost here, with the game having gone gold and finished development, some fans have their hands on the game already. Reportedly, more than 30 copies of the game on Xbox One have been stolen directly from a distribution center, making their way to Facebook sales pages for inflated prices. This means actual copies of the game are in the wild, and those that have their hands on the game have been uploading screenshots and videos to social media and YouTube. If you don't mind spoilers, gameplay footage is currently being posted on ResetEra.

:arrow: Source

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch gets so much attention on internet new sources from the hacks and leaks that it looks like xbox wants to get in on that "leaked game" publicity stunt.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch gets so much attention on internet new sources from the hacks and leaks that it looks like xbox wants to get in on that "leaked game" publicity stunt.

Microsoft and their typical "Stealing Nintendo ideas and marketing strategies". XDD
In this case when Nintendo goes QUADOOPULL PLATNUMM from "Releasing" Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weeks early, you KNOW Microsoft was about to hop on that PLATINUUM RYDD. XDDD

Expect more games to release early.
(Obviously Microsoft has nothing to do with a Kingdom Hearts game. XDDDD)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the demos? Or the full game?
I think the one they have at disney right now (opened up..today? yesterday?) is a demo, but I think it's made from the final build rather than the same one others have played. They have a gift shop too. I'm going to buy some over-priced foam and plastic for sure.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is these thieves are dumb enough to sell these on facebook of all places XD. All transactions (outside of local pickup) are done via card payments, not to mention the buyers/sellers have their photos and a lot of other personal info on their profiles. Also facebook can hand over their chat histories as well and I'm sure they gladly will with a proper subpoena.

The sheer stupidity of some criminals never ceases to amaze me XD

Princess21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the one they have at disney right now (opened up..today? yesterday?) is a demo, but I think it's made from the final build rather than the same one others have played. They have a gift shop too. I'm going to buy some over-priced foam and plastic for sure.
That makes sense. They had a KH3 demo at PAX AUS two months ago. You could only play in Olympus Coliseum and Toy Story, so I wonder which build that was :unsure:
I ran out of time to play it anyway, which sucks. The one at Disneyland is probably the closest many of us will get to playing the final build until the release date. I hope you enjoy your time there!

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense. They had a KH3 demo at PAX AUS two months ago. You could only play in Olympus Coliseum and Toy Story, so I wonder which build that was :unsure:
I ran out of time to play it anyway, which sucks. The one at Disneyland is probably the closest many of us will get to playing the final build until the release date. I hope you enjoy your time there!
it was the same build, unfortunately. it was as kingdom hearts as ever, button mashing till you combo right off a cliff. New schtick is running up the walls, with quick-time events replaced with speciality combos based on successful hits, or current location...or something like that. can tell its ps3 roots sometimes, but it still looks purty. fun at any rate :)

didn't have any merchandise to sell either :/ just kiosk with the online square store for preording and buying stuff online. keychains and whatnot. bit disappointed with that.

Last edited by osaka35,

Princess21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it was the same build, unfortunately. it was as kingdom hearts as ever, button mashing till you combo right off a cliff. New schtick is running up the walls, with quick-time events replaced with speciality combos based on successful hits, or current location...or something like that. can tell its ps3 roots sometimes, but it still looks purty. fun at any rate :)
You got to play it? Sweet!
Yeah, the gameplay of the series leaves something to be desired at times. Or maybe I'm just bad at games. I could never get the hang of KH CoM and KH2's battle system :wacko:
Later games were a little easier for me, but I haven't played anything past KH3D on the 3DS. It'll be good to run around with Donald and Goofy again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGKzqIQfzE