Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

iO-bUGGY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
blue then green means succes , is ur lcd cable in properly?
I've just checked the d0 flex nand the pin that goes inside has been broken.
Need to do a permanent pin and reball the nand.
Will do that tomorrow or week-end most likely.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Dee87

Flasheure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
Is my pattern okay?
Thx

Attachments

• montage2.jpg
    montage2.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Ricky_25 and Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just checked the d0 flex nand the pin that goes inside has been broken.
Need to do a permanent pin and reball the nand.
Will do that tomorrow or week-end most likely.
Thanks for the help.
good luck i got that infront of me 2
Post automatically merged:

Hello
Is my pattern okay?
Thx
yes

Reactions: Flasheure

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PicoFly install (with some messy wires) on SkHynix OLED with lots of kapton (:D), removed only the USB and buttons (voltage regulator is still there), everything fitted nicely and closed the shell without problems. Now I can have a beer while my gf enjoys Animal Crossing.

This is amazing!! Thanks again @rehius for making this possible!

Attachments

• PicoFly_OLED.jpg
    PicoFly_OLED.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58

vagenam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys. I have a question about flashing the rp2040 zero. I don't understand the process. Can someone please give me a rundown?

vagenam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Plug it into your PC, copy over the first .uf2 file to the drive that appears. Chip resets. Unplug, replug, copy over second file. Chip resets. Done.
So first the firmware then the unlock uf2?

and i hold the boot button for both?

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

and i hold the boot button for both?
Yes and Yes (though the order doesn't matter actually since it flashes specific memory address for different files).

Look here

already have fw2.5+unlocked single file
Some people didn't have much luck with it previously --> by using FW + unlock separated files from rehius, they work the best, you just invest another 10s when flashing and save yourself from unnecessary headache.

Last edited by Phantomas77,
Reactions: Ricky_25

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 363060View attachment 363059
You should need one of these two setups, since lites are all V2 boards. If you put one mosfet on and have problems with consistently glitching, then it's suggested to put the second mosfet just like the hwfly cable has.
or have issues with not glitching at all blue then cyan led

PicoFly install (with some messy wires) on SkHynix OLED with lots of kapton (:D), removed only the USB and buttons (voltage regulator is still there), everything fitted nicely and closed the shell without problems. Now I can have a beer while my gf enjoys Animal Crossing.

This is amazing!! Thanks again @rehius for making this possible!
nice im working on mine at the moment to just set the permanent Dat0 pin.
thing im gonna reball and reflow the emmc tommorow
i also have the skynix emmc

Reactions: Phantomas77

NooBziN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes and Yes (though the order doesn't matter actually since it flashes specific memory address for different files).

Look here

Some people didn't have much luck with it previously --> by using FW + unlock separated files from rehius, they work the best, you just invest another 10s when flashing and save yourself from unnecessary headache.
what problem happened?

vagenam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok thanks. I have the rp 2040 zero, after flashing the light goes green. Also after plugging it into my pc after flashing ( without booting it) the light goes blue and then white/cyan. Is that good?

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok thanks. I have the rp 2040 zero, after flashing the light goes green. Also after plugging it into my pc after flashing ( without booting it) the light goes blue and then white/cyan. Is that good?
I had as well green light after flashing, just solder together the two pins on the back to put the RP on RGB mode as already mentioned by rehius, so you get the RGB mode and could rely on LED color for troubleshooting if needed.

what problem happened?
Some weird sh*t for some users, don't remember exactly the problem and won't spend time digging the posts. Just flash both files and should be ok.

Attachments

• pinout.jpg
    pinout.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 62

vagenam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had as well green light after flashing, just solder together the two pins on the back to put the RP on RGB mode as already mentioned by rehius, so you get the RGB mode and could rely on LED color for troubleshooting if needed.
Do i have to flash it again after shorting ?

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trouble in paradise...

I had the thing done, licked, complete. I was booted into CFW on emuNAND and was loading retroarch. I suppose I didn't put enough thermal paste and the console started to overheat and shut itself off into "sleep mode". It turned back on once or twice, but I heard a small pop and then it wouldn't boot into Hekate. It would still attempt to load the IPL hekate asking for an sd card, but if I inserted an sd card, I would get a successful glitch, and then console would reboot/turn off. I could keep getting successful glitches, but the software would never boot. From the SD screen of IPL hekate, I also could not boot into OFW with the VOL +/VOL - button combo, it would reboot/turn off as well.

As of getting home from work today, after leaving the switch on the charger all day, it doesn't even attempt to glitch (no lights on the rp2040, no screen turn on from the switch, and no more IPL hekate). I'm pretty sad here guys, I don't know what to do to fix this, but I presume it is now power circuit related, unless I've just fried my APU.

Any suggestions before I start shopping for a replacement motherboard?

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do i have to flash it again after shorting ?
No need for that, this is only for setting the LED output mode for RGB.
When you install the PicoFly, by the end of glitching/training session you should get a nice green light and then the LED goes off.

vagenam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Trouble in paradise...

I had the thing done, licked, complete. I was booted into CFW on emuNAND and was loading retroarch. I suppose I didn't put enough thermal paste and the console started to overheat and shut itself off into "sleep mode". It turned back on once or twice, but I heard a small pop and then it wouldn't boot into Hekate. It would still attempt to load the IPL hekate asking for an sd card, but if I inserted an sd card, I would get a successful glitch, and then console would reboot/turn off. I could keep getting successful glitches, but the software would never boot. From the SD screen of IPL hekate, I also could not boot into OFW with the VOL +/VOL - button combo, it would reboot/turn off as well.

As of getting home from work today, after leaving the switch on the charger all day, it doesn't even attempt to glitch (no lights on the rp2040, no screen turn on from the switch, and no more IPL hekate). I'm pretty sad here guys, I don't know what to do to fix this, but I presume it is now power circuit related, unless I've just fried my APU.

Any suggestions before I start shopping for a replacement motherboard?
Try desoldering everything, get the switch back to normal, if it boots u probably messed up soldering somewhere, if it doesn't, well u still messed up the soldering but worse i guess . I don't think the switch would overheat so much that it dies.

No need for that, this is only for setting the LED output mode for RGB.
When you install the PicoFly, by the end of glitching/training session you should get a nice green light and then the LED goes off.
Alright, thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1