Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do the console boot without the chip? If not check the 3.3v rail if it is shorted or not. If it is not shorted check the voltage when you plug the power cable in to see if the 3.3v rail give you 3.3v or not. If it is not then check your 3.3v regulator.
The console is at black screen, even with chip removed.

I followed your suggestion and got an "overview" with the thermal camera, you were right! It looks like it's +7780 1EWP IC, which seems to be a buck converter for the +3.3V rail I imagine. Thank you for your help!

I attached few photos, it started to overheat as hell with only battery connected.

Does anyone know where I can source this IC's easily (withou Ali waiting time)?

Attachments

• max_board.jpg
    max_board.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • max.jpg
    max.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 8
  • MrHotts.png
    MrHotts.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 11

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

I followed your suggestion and got an "overview" with the thermal camera, you were right! It looks like it's +7780 1EWP IC, which seems to be a buck converter for the +3.3V rail I imagine. Thank you for your help!

I attached few photos, it started to overheat as hell with only battery connected.

https://www.digikey.it/it/products/detail/analog-devices-inc-maxim-integrated/MAX77801EWP-T/5232976

• Love
Reactions: Phantomas77

Haldamir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Currently soldering a hwfly lite and struggling to solder the flex cable to the CPU caps. I've done regular switches before without any issues. The solder won't stick properly (the yellow flex was fine). Iron is at 350c. Any tips for getting SP1 and sp2 soldered. I've read using tweezers to hold the flex down or some tape helps. Anything else?

Also once everything is done, do I just plug in the battery or charger and press power button to boot it up to ensure everything is fine or does the games cartridge slot need to be plugged back in also?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Might try to reheat it little bit, maybe it got too heated before and accidentally desolder itself.
Post automatically merged:

On switch OLED I'm getting everytime the same error *== "No eMMC CMD1 request (poor wiring, or dead CPU)" does anyone has any clue what it could be??

Here is what I've checked until now:

1. All the wiring, they're soldered properly (I'm using the same wire that I've already used in the past with other oleds)

2. Added a second resistor on dat0 and cmd (in total 97 Ohm)

3. Chaged the dat0 adapter

4. Changed hwfly flex cable for the apu (from v3 to v2, that has previously worked)

5. Changed the wire of the the clk with a thinner one, the error hasn't changed, so I switched back to my usual wire

6. Switched rp2040 with another one

After all this, the picofly keeps giving m
e the same error.
What version of the fw you used?
Post automatically merged:

Currently soldering a hwfly lite and struggling to solder the flex cable to the CPU caps. I've done regular switches before without any issues. The solder won't stick properly (the yellow flex was fine). Iron is at 350c. Any tips for getting SP1 and sp2 soldered. I've read using tweezers to hold the flex down or some tape helps. Anything else?

Also once everything is done, do I just plug in the battery or charger and press power button to boot it up to ensure everything is fine or does the games cartridge slot need to be plugged back in also?
Clean with IPA from the residue than use lot of flux.
If necessary, use a bigger tip (such as hoof tip) to make the heat flow higher.

Last edited by abal1000x,

Brunh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi 👋 need help I'm install rp2040 tiny first boot work no problems after turn off not working more just go to OfW e get led blue and white and green ,stays on green light, and rp2040 just can install firmware low 267 ,I try up 270 rp2040 not have led on nintendo go to OFW

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi 👋 need help I'm install rp2040 tiny first boot work no problems after turn off not working more just go to OfW e get led blue and white and green ,stays on green light, and rp2040 just can install firmware low 267 ,I try up 270 rp2040 not have led on nintendo go to OFW
try use the latest fw 275

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could anyone confirm if this is an inductor and not a capacitor (under +7780 1EWP) voltage regulator? It results shorted in my case.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 6

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Could anyone confirm if this is an inductor and not a capacitor (under +7780 1EWP) voltage regulator? It results shorted in my case.
From the link that hassal give in the past
Screen Shot 2024-04-09 at 20.31.23.png

Also by experience, that is inductor not capacitor.
Inductor usually have rough surface compare to capacitor.

Screen Shot 2024-04-09 at 20.38.56.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-09 at 20.40.01.png

Last edited by abal1000x,

Carquinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, Im new to this and I modded an oled with picofly, everything was running fine for weeks but I left it on the dock overnight and I was greeted by a bsod, followed after these images. The console was warm in the morning.
The No SD card screen from the picofly can be seen without artifacts, but anything past that has artifacts in the screen and does not go past the hekate loading screen.
Edit:
Booting with +- shows bsod again.
What do you guys think the issue could be? Ram or CPU reballing? Anything else worth trying?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 14.09.59_b3c6313c.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 14.09.59_b3c6313c.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 14.09.59_2f243d6a.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 14.09.59_2f243d6a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by Carquinca,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hey guys, Im new to this and I modded an oled with picofly, everything was running fine for weeks but I left it on the dock overnight and I was greeted by a bsod, followed after these images. The console was warm in the morning.
The No SD card screen from the picofly can be seen without artifacts, but anything past that has artifacts in the screen and does not go past the hekate loading screen.
Edit:
Booting with +- shows bsod again.
What do you guys think the issue could be? Ram or CPU reballing? Anything else worth trying?
Maybe the cpu got overheated and desolder itself.
(Do you forget to put the thermal paste?)
Try to reheat it, and crossfinger, hopefully its worked.

xxxCHAPUxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, I'm new here, I would like to make the picofly joycon led mod on my switch Oled, but I only see a diagram for the switch lite, does anyone know what points I should solder and what is needed?

Viktorsilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I'm sure you created a short circuit during the trial and error process of your installation. There are more than 30 installations in Oled versions that I only use single-sided installation and always with kamikaze mod. This way you reduce the chance of damaging something on the console by half. Not having to risk damaging the screen connector is a big advantage.Me and several Moders who appear on YouTube have already been victims of this failure as it is very easy to damage a connector pin and the console stops showing image.Replacing it its very triky and take many time. The Kamikaze method is 100% safe. All you need to do is carry out the process very calmly and with several interruptions to evaluate the layer of the motherboard that you have already drilled. All you need is a good mini drill and a 0.2mm tip. Desoldering the Nand and reballing increases the thermal stress on the component and drastically increases the risk of something being poorly welded. Your problem is probably due to a short circuit caused by the Nand welding that interferes with a voltage line on the +7780.

Have you tried removing the Dat0 point under the Nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi