Picofly AIO Thread

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After isntall picofly in a switch with problematic emmc i made it work but got no screen and just sounds of the UI...any tips on what look for? Lcd conector? Ripped trail? Any tips on where look for it? The touch appears to work

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703_134943_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_134943_Chrome.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by Flaviocarvalho,

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
visually inspect any bent/jam pin inside lcd connector
Already did...the short goes all over the trail..
Post automatically merged:

I'm Guessing it could be tge max77 ic

Im trying to decide if i remove the lcd connector or the max7762 ic to see if the short is gone

Last edited by Flaviocarvalho,

Rimex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thx for the information. I check tomorrow and reply what happend.
Today checked all the connections and the continuty are fine. The resistors mark 46.7Ohms. idk... i try change the RST point for the one on the emmc but the pictures i found have really poor quality...
I found a picture says have a other point RST on the emmc but on the side B but i dont know if this is true...
And my emmc dont have a resistor marked on the pictures. This is the correct point?
20230703_1600_001_0.000.jpg

Now i changed the RST point and now appers another error on the RP2040...

Last edited by Rimex,
Reactions: lightninjay

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Today checked all the connections and the continuty are fine. The resistors mark 46.7Ohms. idk... i try change the RST point for the one on the emmc but the pictures i found have really poor quality...
I found a picture says have a other point RST on the emmc but on the side B but i dont know if this is true...
And my emmc dont have a resistor marked on the pictures. This is the correct point?View attachment 381524

Now i changed the RST point and now appers another error on the RP2040...
View attachment 381526
The ** means RST disconnected, is the first voltage to be checked.
Your previous error (emmc init) already passed this check.
And now you create new problem with the RST line.

Your picture is correct about the RST point. But your soldering is not.
From the video i conclude that the firmware randomly resetting, which shouldn't.
Maybe the wire shorting, the soldering joint shorting, or lot of flux not cleaned, interferes with the RST.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ** means RST disconnected, is the first voltage to be checked.
Your previous error (emmc init) already passed this check.
And now you create new problem with the RST line.

Your picture is correct about the RST point. But your soldering is not.
From the video i conclude that the firmware randomly resetting, which shouldn't.
Maybe the wire shorting, the soldering joint shorting, or lot of flux not cleaned, interferes with the RST.
What I want to know, is why they have it plugged into USB at the same time they're trying to glitch.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yes...

I made this readings and this red marked point is shorted to the ground...any tip?
I think i misunderstand your problem.
You said 'got no screen' does it mean backlight on but no image shown, or backlight off.

I assume backlight is off. If it is then you need to check the backlight connector on the Left PCB.
Check the continuity from the 4pin connector to the (29pin?) connector in the left then goes to the right via flex.

Rimex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I want to know, is why they have it plugged into USB at the same time they're trying to glitch.
The cable are only connected to RP2040 the other side is disconnected... Do you think it may be causing problems?

And one more thing, now the Switch dont appers nothing on my screen, the Nintendo logo dont appers :s

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
OMG, you're correct. Why he/she even plugged the usb cable.
That will be another problem. USB is external power, worst case scenario, that could destroy the switch.

The cable are only connected to RP2040 the other side is disconnected... Do you think it may be causing problems?
Why you plugged the USB. It is supposed to work using the 3.3v+GND from the switch.
nvm, its disconnected right.

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think i misunderstand your problem.
You said 'got no screen' does it mean backlight on but no image shown, or backlight off.

I assume backlight is off. If it is then you need to check the backlight connector on the Left PCB.
Check the continuity from the 4pin connector to the (29pin?) connector in the left then goes to the right via flex.
I think backlight is on...the picture is off...because one lcd connector pin is shorted. The backlight i think is funcional because a light appears behind the board when i turn on the console

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think backlight is on...the picture is off...because one lcd connector pin is shorted. The backlight i think is funcional because a light appears behind the board when i turn on the console
You need to inspect INSIDE the connector. The pin might got bend by the flex out of their rail, and the pin short circuiting the neighbohour pin.

I know its very difficult one. I once experience it on FPC/PPC connector. Buy the smallest needle exist on the market, to take that pin out from the connector.

The FPC have 2 pin top and bottom. The top pin is from the lock, and the bottom is fixed. The bottom pin might bended by the flex and out of its rail, pushed inside. Since there is no space inside, than the pin will goes horizontal and connecting with the neighbohour pin. I see from your picture that the neighbour pin is the GND pin.

Last edited by abal1000x,

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to inspect INSIDE the connector. The pin might got bend by the flex out of their rail, and the pin short circuiting the neighbohour pin.

I know its very difficult one. I once experience it on FPC/PPC connector. Buy the smallest needle exist on the market, to take that pin out from the connector.

The FPC have 2 pin top and bottom. The top pin is from the lock, and the bottom is fixed. The bottom pin might bended by the flex and out of its rail, pushed inside. Since there is no space inside, than the pin will goes horizontal and connecting with the neighbohour pin. I see from your picture that the neighbour pin is the GND pin.
I will try to insert needle on it to see if its shorted to the side one

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I will try to insert needle on it to see if its shorted to the side one
I mean using the needle after i inspect it using the microscope. The pin is pushed horizontally inside, and i need to take it out. Since the height so small something in the range of 0.2mm, i need a solid small needle, to force the problematic pin out from the connector.

You need to make sure visually on the problematic pin.

i has cleaned the solder points and have same error D: View attachment 381532
What point you use for the 3.3v? and the GND?

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean using the needle after i inspect it using the microscope. The pin is pushed horizontally inside, and i need to take it out. Since the height so small something in the range of 0.2mm, i need a solid small needle, to force the problematic pin out from the connector.

You need to make sure visually on the problematic pin.
I will try to take a picture of it and show you

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
my picoflied v2 with flex cable sometimes boot to no sd card but sometimes it boots to ofw without glitching or blue to green light...how to fix this?

Last edited by WalangAlam,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.