Picofly AIO Thread

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean using the needle after i inspect it using the microscope. The pin is pushed horizontally inside, and i need to take it out. Since the height so small something in the range of 0.2mm, i need a solid small needle, to force the problematic pin out from the connector.

I did what you said...put a needle and the short is gone...now i get OL reading...and it should be 306...i think thats the connector right?
You need to make sure visually on the problematic pin.
Post automatically merged:

What point you use for the 3.3v? and the GND?a
I mean using the needle after i inspect it using the microscope. The pin is pushed horizontally inside, and i need to take it out. Since the height so small something in the range of 0.2mm, i need a solid small needle, to force the problematic pin out from the connector.

You need to make sure visually on the problematic pin.

What point you use for the 3.3v? and the GND?

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rimex said:
gnd-3-3v-jpeg.381571
wrong cap for 3.3v. Use the pin6 cap.
pin5 cap will shot out 5v in some rare case.
As @jkyoho pointed out, you missed the correct point by *that* much. The correct point is the top of the cap below the one you soldered to for 3v
Correct3vPoint.png

Last edited by lightninjay,

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so instead of a single white light, i got a single yellow light and a black screen. What does this mean?

Attachments

• IMG_0859.mp4
    2.2 MB

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
its yellow though? isnt it supposed to be white? also the lcd connector is perfectly placed, even reseated it to make sure. What else do you think it could be?
Wrong 3.3v and/or gnd point, so when the glitch happened, the rp2040 failed, watchdog kicked in, and the microcontroller halt.

Or wrong RST point, or problematic on something. After the glitch, picofly will check, if its failed, rp2040 will reset the nvidia from RST line.

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im getting OL in this point even after remove the lcd connector...it should be 306 on diode mode...any tip on where should i look now?

Attachments

• IMG-20230704-WA0075.jpg
    IMG-20230704-WA0075.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 25

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong 3.3v and/or gnd point, so when the glitch happened, the rp2040 failed, watchdog kicked in, and the microcontroller halt.

Or wrong RST point, or problematic on something. After the glitch, picofly will check, if its failed, rp2040 will reset the nvidia from RST line.
just reseated the rst and the ground point, 3v3 looks fine. What else do you think it could be? could the chip just be damaged?

Attachments

• IMG_0866.jpeg
    IMG_0866.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0865.jpeg
    IMG_0865.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0862.jpeg
    IMG_0862.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0861.jpeg
    IMG_0861.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0860.jpeg
    IMG_0860.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
just reseated the rst and the ground point, 3v3 looks fine. What else do you think it could be? could the chip just be damaged?
Seems all solid and okay.

Yes, if every connection already good, then there is left the rp2040-zero is at fault.

So the one short error code after blue (glitching) is only exist when the glitch succeeded. But its white (white and yellow is kind of subjective). There are no other error code which'll throws one short blink except success. But it could be that its failed, then throwing the usual yellow light, but the rp2040 microcontroller somehow halted. This usually resulted from unstable power line that powered the rp2040 microcontroller. But i see from the picture the solder for 3.3v is solid and correct, the GND also good.

Im getting OL in this point even after remove the lcd connector...it should be 306 on diode mode...any tip on where should i look now?
I've no comment on this.
Could you picture/photo the middle / inside of the connector?

Last edited by abal1000x,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you solder the CMD point? It doesn't seems right to me from your chunk of solder mask

Attachments

• 1688527912859.png
    1688527912859.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: abal1000x

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems all solid and okay.

Yes, if every connection already good, then there is left the rp2040-zero is at fault.

So the one short error code after blue (glitching) is only exist when the glitch succeeded. But its white (white and yellow is kind of subjective). There are no other error code which'll throws one short blink except success. But it could be that its failed, then throwing the usual yellow light, but the rp2040 microcontroller somehow halted. This usually resulted from unstable power line that powered the rp2040 microcontroller. But i see from the picture the solder for 3.3v is solid and correct, the GND also good.

I've no comment on this.
Could you picture/photo the middle / inside of the connector?
I removed it

Reactions: abal1000x

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you solder the CMD point? It doesn't seems right to me from your chunk of solder mask
Yeah its doing a bit of a twitst cuz i was a dumbass and put it the wrong way but its on the right side, i placed it on the OPPOSITE side from where the arrow is pointing, the bottom one, the one nearest to the plate covering the ram.

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says that rst isnt there but i checked, everything looks good and even the multimeter says from one pin to another beeps, so it IS CONNECTED, so im confused?

if i fucked up the dat 0, how would i know? Like what would i be looking a for a blue screen? is a black screen possible if you fucked up the dat 0? I honestly dont know anymore lol, this switch is fucked, after i tried to reseat the rst like 5 times, i gave up and grabbed another pico and set it up and then got a new issue, that its not recognising clk, after checking that clk was also fine, i grabbed a 3rd one and now it gave me No eMMC CMD1 request sign (fuck) so i removed EVERYTHING to check if it still works and turned it on and "nothing" keep in mind that everytime i was trouble shooting it never actually turned on, so something got fucked up from the start. Id just like to know that if it was the dat0 thats causing my switch to be dead. :( honestly after like 20-30 installs, i cant believe this is the first one i actually bricked lol.

problems that i did,
1. maybe i somehow fucked up and bridged the emmumc with the dat 0 adapter.
2. with my clipers while trying to cut space for the clk, i scraped a wire that went from ram to the apu, but it wasnt enough to where the copper got broken, i anyways tinned up the copper so it can have a stronger connection.
3. 2 of the capacitors got loose and i had to put them back.

Anywho im just trying to give as much info as possible to see if there is ANYTHING i can do to see how i can revive my switch. Thanks

UPDATE: FIXED IT, BUT THERES ONE ISSUE, the nintnedo logo boots up twice, it shows up once, turns off then turns on again and then it shows the switch logo, what could it be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0873.mov
    35.8 MB
Last edited by naldo29,

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you @Dee87 for mentioning using a Lower Gauge Wire on the MOSFETS.
Switching from 0.1mm Magnet Wire to 30 AWG Insulated Wiring fixed it for me and i get the no sd screen on my OLED B-).

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
is it normal that picofly sometimes boot to ofw and not to atmosphere? which part of the installation controls the booting of ofw and cfw? i am trying to troubleshoot my picofly installation that boot to ofw and cfw interchangeably...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH