Hardware Picture issues

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so I got some third-party component cables for my wii a long time ago, but I never used them because my tv only had one component cable input, which was being used by my ps3 (the cables appear to be made by the same company, but the ps3 doesn't have this problem). Anyway, I decided to try the Wii's component cables, but when I change to 480p, it seems like the picture gets moved up or something, resulting in a black bar on the bottom of the screen and the top part missing:
[title:Pic]
hpim0002t.jpg
I thought I could fix that by using the option that lets you move the area of the screen around, but that only lets you move the screen left or right. So I tried it on the regular 480i (which still looked far better then with the original cables) and although the black bar problem was (mostly) fixed, now whenever I do anything other then use the the wii menu (and a few homebrew apps and games), these annoying flashing bars appear at the top and bottom of the screen:
[title:Difficult to see in this pic, sorry]that darker bar at the top of the screen flashes constantly,which is quite annoying
hpim0005.jpg

So any ideas? I think its probably because of the cheap 3rd party component cables, but I'm not sure.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'm fairly sure its the cables now, as the original ones work fine. So, any recommendations on new component cables (nothing expensive)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu