ROM Hack pkNX Unhandled exception

Sparky076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm new to the whole ROM editing and everything. I followed this guide here on compiling pkNX and had zero issues. I dumped the ExeFS and RomFS from the game cart, and followed the folder structure as listed in the guide. I drag and drop the folder containing the "exefs" and "romfs" folders into the pkNX application, and nothing happens. I click on File > Open and navigate to the Parent Folder containing the "exefs" and "romfs" folders, and it gives me error, stating that an "unhandled exption has occurred" and that the "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

The game is updated to 1.2.0, but when I dump from the cart, I get 0.0.0. Do I need to dump the update as well? If so, how do I do that? I'm on Windows 10 if that matters at all.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? I'd appreciate any help.

Attachments

• pkNX Unhandled exception.png
    pkNX Unhandled exception.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 424
Last edited by Sparky076,

berichan

ACNHMobileSpawner dev
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, I'm new to the whole ROM editing and everything. I followed this guide here on compiling pkNX and had zero issues. I dumped the ExeFS and RomFS from the game cart, and followed the folder structure as listed in the guide. I drag and drop the folder containing the "exefs" and "romfs" folders into the pkNX application, and nothing happens. I click on File > Open and navigate to the Parent Folder containing the "exefs" and "romfs" folders, and it gives me error, stating that an "unhandled exption has occurred" and that the "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

The game is updated to 1.2.0, but when I dump from the cart, I get 0.0.0. Do I need to dump the update as well? If so, how do I do that? I'm on Windows 10 if that matters at all.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? I'd appreciate any help.

While your error is different to the one in this comment, it seems like the 1.2.0/1.2.1 patch is required.

You can dump the update data using nxdumptool. I usually use unpack by @masagrator to unpack everything afterwards, but I haven't tried it with pokemon yet.

Additionally, pkNX has a pipeline that creates a build every time there's a git commit. You can use my tool to grab the latest version without the need to build it yourself (up to step 4 in the thread you linked)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...