Homebrew Discussion Play! PS2 Emulator is running on the Nintendo Switch!

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hope that they work on lakka or come out with an unofficial version that fixed Bluetooth and adds unofficial controllers through
sys-con.
Then lakka be amazing and almost perfect.

I don’t mean to dishearten you, but I wouldn’t bank on Lakka adding much anytime soon.
It has been AGES since theyre last update, the largest addition was PS2 emulator core, but unfortunately nothing works. Some other cores added compatibility for certain games while breaking others. The largest additions people have yearned for are wireless controllers and obviously docked support. Unfortunately controller is hardcoded in Lakka & I believe and a solution/workaround is yet to be discovered. To add to all this, many developers prefer to dedicate their talents to retroarch(horizon) instead. What I’m trying to say is don’t hold out for a major lakka update, because you will likely be waiting for a very long time/indefinately.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was testing L4T Ubuntu and although in some aspects it is useful as a multimedia bank, the architecture of the console leaves it out of taking advantage of the emulation that other distro have. So I removed it.

Regarding the Ps2 emulator, I think that if there is going to be an emulation job for this console, it should be done on Horizon, since doing it on a separate distro that would reduce performance with other processes would be difficult to access for most of they have CFW.

At most, you will have to wait for Lineage OS Pie, which seems to improve in performance and is more accessible in terms of installation.

Reactions: ragestaker21

RTH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help: -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/binaryhacker51/Play-/build/Play-/build/Play-/build/Play-/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
-bash: ./Source/ui_qt/Play: No such file or directory

Last edited by RTH0,

RTH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you compile this on android with a linux emulate terminal, will it work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I honestly don't understand y switch can't emulate ps2. Its way more powerful. Is it the software problem and it not being able to use the full potential of the switch?

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you compile this on android with a linux emulate terminal, will it work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I honestly don't understand y switch can't emulate ps2. Its way more powerful. Is it the software problem and it not being able to use the full potential of the switch?
Ps2 is hard to emulate even for current gen pc's

D

Deleted User

Ps2 is hard to emulate even for current gen pc's

I don't think it's that, but there's just not an optimized PS2 emulator that plays everything out of the box. PCSX 2 has very very good compatibility and I can easily run it on my GTX 1650, but different games require different settings and they don't make it easy to use different configs like RPCS3 does.

But yeah you have a point you would think by now with how powerful some PCs are, they could just play them without messing with settings, but nope. It's strange that original Xbox emulation is starting to get better and that consoles emulators have almost no settings to even change which PCSX 2 has a ton. I can even emulate Switch itself on my PC and there's not near as many settings you have to mess with as PCSX 2.

Last edited by ,

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it's that, but there's just not an optimized PS2 emulator that plays everything out of the box. PCSX 2 has very very good compatibility and I can easily run it on my GTX 1650, but different games require different settings and they don't make it easy to use different configs like RPCS3 does.

But yeah you have a point you would think by now with how powerful some PCs are, they could just play them without messing with settings, but nope. It's strange that original Xbox emulation is starting to get better and that consoles emulators have almost no settings to even change which PCSX 2 has a ton. I can even emulate Switch itself on my PC and there's not near as many settings you have to mess with as PCSX 2.
What i meant to say is ps2 emulator has always been one of the hardest to run, you would have better luck running gamecube on the switch

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

What i meant to say is ps2 emulator has always been one of the hardest to run, you would have better luck running gamecube on the switch

Yeah I think people should give up that dream. It's never going to run games at full speed IMO. If I'm proven wrong then so be it but I don't see it.

Reactions: pinbi7

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I think people should give up that dream. It's never going to run games at full speed IMO. If I'm proven wrong then so be it but I don't see it.
Don't get discouraged, in the next few years we'll see some great things from your phones,tablets, or the "new switch xl pro 3D³ " ( yes thats what i think the next switch ineration will be called, mark my words!)

Edit: "Super virtual switch advance" was also a contender for the next console

Last edited by pinbi7,

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, it's just the lack of full documentation is the real problem as to why and from what i heard some PS2 sceners in the community has been hiding these for a VERY long time (not sure why considering how decades old it is) and one person leaked some of it and the entire scene got angry at the person.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I runs Play! app from Play Store on android Tab S7 few games Gradius 5, Raiden 3, Neo Contra and Maximo - ghosts to glory still in early beta

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

upload_2021-6-9_19-1-16.jpeg

with that said, great work

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So what is the status on this? Still not likely to ever be working? Dreaming of running this from retroarch someday.

Retroarch doesnt even have to power to run dolphin lols.
Play on Horizon will never happen. On lakka with overclock games were running at 3fps. Don’t mean to dissappoint you, but your odds of winning first prize lottery are better that running play on horizon in any playable state(no pun intended).
This isnt a case of glass half full or think positive, its just being realistic.

Reactions: MartianMSK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol