A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So last night, i went out with my friends to celebrate the end of mid-term exams. i get home 12:30ish, a little drunk, and not rly tired. so, what do i decide to do? play starcraft lol. my microing was slightly off, and random things were a bit funny, but other than that it was an interesting experience.

reminds me of the time, my friends and i were wasted, and we played halo 3. my friend must have gotten at least 7 no scope headshots while we played o.o (he sucks ass normally). and every time i went to melee, i kept pressing jump instead. it was hilarious.

wat r ur experiences?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing Road Rash on the 3D0 years ago as I was drinking. At first it seemed I was getting better and better at the game as I drank. I was having loads of fun and pulling off amazing dodging of cars and lumping the crap out of opponents better than I ever did before. I made it up to level 4 very easily and I felt unstoppable.

But then.....drunk happened. My reaction times started slipping. My onscreen rider started flying through the air after nailing a car more often. I started losing positions. My winning spree was done. When I stopped playing and looked around, I realized just how drunk I was. WOAH! I was trashed! The room was spinning and I could barely walk without falling over.

I did not play any more videogames that night, or the next day......

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Weirdly enough, I'm a better player in Brawl when I'm drunk.

Guess that's why my friend never offered me more beers when I'm at his place ):

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play Final Fantasy XI Online.

I've played since it came out for like 5 years now and have the most sought after weapon in the game.
I always log off in my mog house with a certain outfit and that weapon equipped.

On time I logged in after not logging in for a couple of months and am dismayed to find myself out in the field (one beginners start in) with a completely different outfit and weapon on!

I was freaking out like someone hacked my account or something!
All my equipment and gear and money!!

After I check all my equipment and money and it's all still there, I'm like... huh??

I slowly remember throughout the day that I got wasted a couple of nights before and logged on and did god knows what! I can only wonder what I did and what all those new guys thought! ha

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
True story - I was wasted off my ass and Viva Pinata finally became fun.
LOL, qft!

i would put it into my sig, but i don't do that.

If you need my permission, here it is. Go for it. I'm not at all protective over by forum brain droppings.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I used to play some time ago with Street Fighter 3 on my DC hooked with a real heavy duty arcade stick, and drinking at the same time.
I was getting pretty good at it, even when almost drunk, in fact playing such a game the way it's ment to be played ( with an arcade stick ) it's pretty energetic, and makes you sweat a lot and also get you all excited, exspecially if you are playing with a friend !
I found out later on that I was getting slower and slower with my reflexes and those hard to hit combo were becoming pretty impossible.
Surely drinking was playing a part in this, but I think it's a combination of being drunk AND tired which makes you a bad player, in fact now I don't drink that much, and I'm not working either since a couple of months, therefore I can play much better and longer, not to mention that I find the time to actually post on GBAtemp again
wink.gif
!
At the end I came to this conclusion: work is bad for you and your body/mind !

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ARM73 said:
Well I used to play some time ago with Street Fighter 3 on my DC hooked with a real heavy duty arcade stick, and drinking at the same time.
I was getting pretty good at it, even when almost drunk, in fact playing such a game the way it's ment to be played ( with an arcade stick ) it's pretty energetic, and makes you sweat a lot and also get you all excited, exspecially if you are playing with a friend !
I found out later on that I was getting slower and slower with my reflexes and those hard to hit combo were becoming pretty impossible.
Surely drinking was playing a part in this, but I think it's a combination of being drunk AND tired which makes you a bad player, in fact now I don't drink that much, and I'm not working either since a couple of months, therefore I can play much better and longer, not to mention that I find the time to actually post on GBAtemp again
wink.gif
!
At the end I came to this conclusion: work is bad for you and your body/mind !

QUOTE(Rayder @ Oct 26 2008, 04:07 PM) I remember playing Road Rash on the 3D0 years ago as I was drinking. At first it seemed I was getting better and better at the game as I drank. I was having loads of fun and pulling off amazing dodging of cars and lumping the crap out of opponents better than I ever did before. I made it up to level 4 very easily and I felt unstoppable.

But then.....drunk happened. My reaction times started slipping. My onscreen rider started flying through the air after nailing a car more often. I started losing positions. My winning spree was done. When I stopped playing and looked around, I realized just how drunk I was. WOAH! I was trashed! The room was spinning and I could barely walk without falling over.

I did not play any more videogames that night, or the next day......

Connection?

ballmer_peak.png

Applies to more than just programming, I guess.

bombchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
robosuplex.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been drunk... twice now!
biggrin.gif
That first time we all played Brawl and other games at stuff. Second time was lame... but anyway~ people do seem to get better sometimes... I was! Every once in a while I'd just stand still in the middle of the stage 'cos my eyes got crossed... but I absolutely destroyed everyone, especially Bowser. He was very big and dark and that was all I could see lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ