Hacking Playstation 1 games on Wii U?

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So my Question is, is there a way to play ps1 games on the wiiu? Some research on the internet only lead to videos about ps1 on the Wii. But i want it on the wiiu. Oh, and it should also work nicely not those 5fps crap emulators.
thanks in advance
Clone

Trophies
XP
iirc there's no official PS1 emulator for the actual Wii U side, but there is however a forwarder for WiiSXR which works decently well out of the box while still being able to be improved with vWii overclocks.

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
iirc there's no official PS1 emulator for the actual Wii U side, but there is however a forwarder for WiiSXR which works decently well out of the box while still being able to be improved with vWii overclocks.
oh that still sounds good. mind giving me a tutorial or mth like that?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So my Question is, is there a way to play ps1 games on the wiiu? Some research on the internet only lead to videos about ps1 on the Wii. But i want it on the wiiu. Oh, and it should also work nicely not those 5fps crap emulators.
thanks in advance
Clone
You've been living under a rock if all you remember is not-full-speed PSX emulation.

Get the Wii U channel for WiiSXRX here:
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases
The channels linked are ALWAYS properly tested on real hardware and won't cause bricks.

Latest release of WiiSXRX 4.0 is here. Updated weekly or everytime worthy changes happen. If you want Multitap there's also a special build for it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiisx-rx-a-new-fork.570252/post-9137668

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: eyeliner

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You've been living under a rock if all you remember is not-full-speed PSX emulation.

Get the Wii U channel for WiiSXRX here:
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases
The channels linked are ALWAYS properly tested on real hardware and won't cause bricks.

Latest release of WiiSXRX 4.0 is here. Updated weekly or everytime worthy changes happen. If you want Multitap there's also a special build for it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiisx-rx-a-new-fork.570252/post-9137668
Ok, so if I understand it right, I have to download WiiSXRX for my vWii, and then a Wii U channel for it? Then I can start it from my Wii U right?

Sorry if it sounds dumb, im not very experienced in Wii U CFW stuff, but is it also playable with the gamepad or ps4 controller paired via Bloopair, or is it just like a forwarder to vWii?

Trophies
XP
Ok, so if I understand it right, I have to download WiiSXRX for my vWii, and then a Wii U channel for it? Then I can start it from my Wii U right?

Basically, yes. It's like the Nintendont forwarder. You have the files in the vWii location, and the Forwarder launches it from the Wii U side like a regular Home Menu app.

Sorry if it sounds dumb, im not very experienced in Wii U CFW stuff, but is it also playable with the gamepad or ps4 controller paired via Bloopair, or is it just like a forwarder to vWii?

Honestly? Not sure. The only thing I used WiiSXRX for was playing Diablo on the Gamepad, lmao. Best way to figure it out is just to try it for yourself.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Like every single Wii homebrew under the sun that anyone wants to use on the Wii U. Unless you want to launch it by entering vWii first and then the Homebrew Channel. You can't have Gamepad or overclock support by doing it like the latter. Up to you.

Not sure where you might have read that, but to clear it up, there is no way Bloopair affects anything under vWii.

Check the short readme for key details, and you'll be running it in no time.

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like every single Wii homebrew under the sun that anyone wants to use on the Wii U. Unless you want to launch it by entering vWii first and then the Homebrew Channel. You can't have Gamepad or overclock support by doing it like the latter. Up to you.

Not sure where you might have read that, but to clear it up, there is no way Bloopair affects anything under vWii.

Check the short readme for key details, and you'll be running it in no time.
ok I got it working now. I can slo use the gamepad. But when I tried starting a game in .bin format, it just crashed. I have the bios scph1001 in the Folder if that matters.

I just remembered, when emulating the same game on a friends computer, whe had to use a differen bios. But that also was on Retroarch. I´l try it again

Trophies
XP
ok I got it working now. I can slo use the gamepad. But when I tried starting a game in .bin format, it just crashed. I have the bios scph1001 in the Folder if that matters.

I just remembered, when emulating the same game on a friends computer, whe had to use a differen bios. But that also was on Retroarch. I´l try it again

iirc not all games are compatible. What game were you trying? Because there's probably a compatibility list somewhere like there is with other emulators / injects.

Clone2255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
iirc not all games are compatible. What game were you trying? Because there's probably a compatibility list somewhere like there is with other emulators / injects.
I wanted to run Jojos bizarre adventures. I tried again by doing some things in the settings but now it just boots me into this wierd blue menu where I cam select either "MEMORY CARD" or "CD PLAYER". Both buttons bring me into two more empty menus. Maybe its the wrong Bios?
Post automatically merged:

OK! After all, i finally managed to somehow do it myself. Thank you guys for the help.

Last edited by Clone2255,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Having the BIOS in the folder is not enough. You have to select it afterwards inside the settings, "SD" or "USB" button.

The readme already states that different BIOS versions don't improve or change anything. Use the recommended one.

I wanted to run Jojos bizarre adventures. I tried again by doing some things in the settings but now it just boots me into this wierd blue menu where I cam select either "MEMORY CARD" or "CD PLAYER". Both buttons bring me into two more empty menus. Maybe its the wrong Bios?
You're executing the standalone BIOS, which won't run the game by itself. Only use the button "Play Game" so you can get the disc going.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
It's quite interesting that there was never any effort to create a native, optimized and more accurate PSX emulator for the WiiU, as it should be more powerful than the Wii.

airion82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks in advance
Clone
Have you tried using the RetroAcrh emulators for the Wii U and installing the psx emulator that’s comes from RetroAcrh. That’s how I have played psx games on my Wii U.

Last edited by airion82,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next