Konamix02

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got this from Radio Shack the other day and I love it to death but one thing that really bugs me is that the controls are messed up

---1---
4----2
---3---

5-----6
7-----8

This is really screwing with me in Madden. This is how I want it

---4---
1----3
---2---

7-----8
5-----6

Like my Gravis Gamepad. Is there any program that I can find that can remap these buttons. The closest thing that I've gotten to this is Pinnacle Game Profiler but I couldnt use my right analog right. Some help on this would be greatly appreciated.

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can map the buttons using Windows, but you should have a button config menu in any game software. Madden doesn't have this option?

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how the mapping of the buttons matters. Regardless of if Windows sees the X button as button 2 or 3 it's still the X button. If the controls in the game are hard coded though I guess it would be an issue. You wont be able to change the mapping short of hacking the driver built into the adapter and yer proly not going to be able to do that.

If the game does have hard coded controls you do have the option of using a program to map mouse/keyboard commands to a game pad. JoyToKey for example. It is a Japanese program though and the English version is not impossible but is difficult to find.

BTW. My adapter is the version Radio Shack sold before they switched to the one they sell now and it maps the buttons like you want. The original adapter was a re brand of the popular and high quality Smart Joy PLUS. The old adapter lacked vibration support though. A buddy of mine has the current adapter and he never complained about button mapping but he is always complaining about button latency. You might want to just get another adapter.

Konamix02

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The main thing is when selecting a play and some other stuff.
Normally I could select plays with square x and circle. Now its triangle circle and x. Also when i want to do a fair catch or something it's square instead of triangle. One problem that everyone is having is that their madden keeps resetting their controller configurations and if I fix this problem then I wont have a problem with it changing my configurations.

Konamix02

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but that wouldnt solve my problem completely. I just said used Pinnacle game profiler to remap to the keyboard but I couldnt use the highlight stick. I even tried to change the registry but that didnt work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hopefully nothing shorted