Hacking Playstation 3 Trophy Hack Intends to Ruin Legit Gamers

Mateogodlike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies_PS3.jpg

Aside from rampant piracy, and game file modifications, another downfall of the now infamous PS3 jailbreak is now a reality. The Trophy Hack can now allow cheaters on the console to unlock 100% trophies for any game they wish. Not bad enough, it also allows the player to sync those ill gotten achievements with their PSN account so they show up on their trophy list.

The application named the PS3 Unlocker works with a jailbroken PS3 console, and has been confirmed working by numerous persons throughout the PlayStation community. In an attempt to not promote the jailbreak further, we will not disclose the source of the info, but games such as Batman Arkham Asylum and Resident Evil 5 are resistant to the hack. So not all games can be hacked at this point.

Sony issued a statement in response to this. "We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it. We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue we are not able to provide you with any more details."

[Source: MateoGodlike]

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using cheats to unlock achievements is unbelievably douchey. The achievements are there to give you a challenge, not for you to cheat them unlocked.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I love this. One of the worst things to happen to gaming is achievements/trophies. It'd like to think now developers will focus more on unlockables and actual content but that's unlikely :/

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
What the!?

Fuck this shit man :|

You know what, I'm a big fan of Wii homebrew and backups etc, but lately I've been thinking that maybe the PS3 hack isn't such a great idea.

I mean the very reason PS3 and PSN was such a popular medium to develop for was that it had the assurance of security. Developers knew that they'd be getting their money's worth. But now it's all screwed up. It kind of means that exclusives like Deathspank and Tumble on PSN, from low budget devs may not happen, just because they might need to think twice about bringing a game to PS3, when pretty soon, a few clicks and buttons will be all it takes to run homebrew and backups, without major risk.

Heck, PSN is an amazing system for online, just look at Uncharted 2. It's practically flawless. Who knows what kind of hacks tomorrow might bring that could ruin the experience? IMHO, MAYBE these jailbreaks wern't all that neccessary, you cant blame sony for getting rid of Other OS, I'm sure any company would if they had the feeling it could lead to the inevitable piracy that homebrew brings with it.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Using cheats to unlock achievements is unbelievably douchey. The achievements are there to give you a challenge, not for you to cheat them unlocked.
That really isn't true but you can believe what you want to.

QUOTE(synce @ Jan 15 2011, 07:37 PM) I love this. One of the worst things to happen to gaming is achievements/trophies. It'd like to think now developers will focus more on unlockables and actual content but that's unlikely :/
Total agreement to the above statement and hope it does do that.

vame536

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thaddius said:
TwinRetro said:
Now trophies are completely useless...oh wait...
rofl.gif
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Who cares about people getting trophies illegitimately? It has zero impact on my life.

Exactly.

Someone I don't know and will never meet, has some trophies on a game he didn't really get.

Anyone seen the cyanide?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
cacildo said:
Slyakin said:
Great. Just great.

Now I'm gonna see 9 year old flaunting. "HEY! I HAZ ALL TEH TROPHS YEW NEWBS!"

Do you TALK to people over PSN?????????????

rofl.gif
Oh my God!!!

Well, some modes on FPS games pretty much require chatting in-game, if you want any semblance of teamwork.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
TwinRetro said:
Well, some modes on FPS games pretty much require chatting in-game, if you want any semblance of teamwork.

oh nononono, my friend!

Dont do that!

That´s asking to be heartbroken by humanity

9 years old kids cursing and being racist. Why do we need that?

I mean, im half joking here: of course i can see the headset option being great when used with some friends and such.

But outside of that? Regular random matchmaking? That "mute" option is one of the most incredible technology achievements of online gaming.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
cacildo said:
TwinRetro said:

oh nononono, my friend!

Dont do that!

That´s asking to be heartbroken by humanity

9 years old kids cursing and being racist. Why do we need that?

I mean, im half joking here: of course i can see the headset option being great when used with some friends and such.

But outside of that? Regular random matchmaking? That "mute" option is one of the most incredible technology achievements of online gaming.

Amen to that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1