PlayStation 4 system software 6.72 now available

Yet another official firmware update is now available for Sony's Playstation 4 console. Just like other recently released updates, system version 6.72 appears to be yet another "stability update" with no new features added for the end-user. You know the drill: people interested in hacking & homebrew are advised against installing it. Information about what's been changed under the hood is scarce at the moment but if anything worth mentioning is found, this post will be updated with all the relevant info. As previously anticipated, the official changelog reads as follows:

Official changelog said:
Main features in system software update 6.72
This system software update improves system performance.

:arrow: Source

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
And..

UncomfortableLeadingAtlanticblackgoby.gif

Last edited by RY0M43CH1Z3N,
Reactions: Darksabre72

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU I HATE WHEN PEOPLE JUST SAY JAILBREAK FOR EVERYTHING

JUST SAY SOFT MOD JESUS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Implying most people want a hacked ps4 for anything BUT piracy
Jailbreak was the term used for PS3s back in the day... I don't know why you are getting so upset lol

Reactions: Flame

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jailbreak was the term used for PS3s back in the day... I don't know why you are getting so upset lol
But its the one that was used for iphones, its like people calling all nintendo consoles "nintendo"
Also I am not upset about it, just annoyed that everybody calls it that. Never saw anybody comment on it before

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
let me break it down.

especially one manufactured by Apple.
- iPhone is manufactured by apple

tablet
- didn't say iOS cause who uses a iPad in the correct mind.

Dictionary.com
- lmao like Dictionary.com knows anything thing about technology

i bet Dictionary.com also has "root" for iOS

Wikipedia > Dictionary.com

:)

youre a mod here?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, 30 minutes? May be better for all of us if you don't update and play online...
It doesn't take 30 minutes to download the update. Most of the time is all the crap it does before and after downloading the update. It likes to sit there and think about the update it just downloaded before actually installing it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great another "stability update"

with every update more people are in my Sony sections which i mod asking for "jailbreak wen"

1st. its not jailbreak, jailbreak is for iPhones
2nd. fuck knows the future
I prefer the term "instability update" instead of softmod for ps4/switch.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great another "stability update"

with every update more people are in my Sony sections which i mod asking for "jailbreak wen"

1st. its not jailbreak, jailbreak is for iPhones
2nd. fuck knows the future

Wasn't the only reason it was called jailbreak because of GeoHotz being the dev for the CFW hack on the PS3?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But its the one that was used for iphones, its like people calling all nintendo consoles "nintendo"
Also I am not upset about it, just annoyed that everybody calls it that. Never saw anybody comment on it before
Well think of it how much anime fans hate being called weeb when its being used incorrectly as an insult.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Jailbreaking is when you break out from jail. iOS puts everyone in a closed environment that is like jail. Android's environment is still a little closed off to the end user, but not nearly as much. Jailbreaking is a moniker coined by the iOS exploit that establishes root, and then removes the restrictions. Android doesn't have those "no 3rd party" restrictions, so in that sense, there is no jail to break out from, comparatively. In iOS rooting is only really useful as a method to be able to remove the "no 3rd party" restrictions and make some other known system level modifications. In Android, rooting is a method to give you the ability to customize the full system. The reason for this difference is because one operating system is closed-source while the other is open. I don't think it's a big deal to mix these words up as long as whoever you are talking to knows what you are talking about. If I say,"I want to jailbreak my Nexus", it's going to be obvious what I mean. It's not like inviting you over to "play nintendo" and all I have is a shitty xbox.

Last edited by tabzer,

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a slight hope that this will fix my CE-34878-0 error code on my PS4 I bought used but I don't expect much.
Like I can't even boot anything on it even after swapping the standard HDD out for a SSD.

EDIT: it didn't do shit to be honest.

Last edited by SilverWah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory