Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (say)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
My friends who have it say it's really good, but i agree at the moment it has no games worth buying. Didn't team ico say they were either working on or would work on incorporating move into a game. it might have been hideo kojima actually

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
RebornX said:
shaunj66 said:
Until they show me at least 5 decent games worth owning it for (non shovelware type) I'm not interested.

And I don't mean just tacked on controls that could be done by using the dualshock either. Something that actually REQUIRES move tech.
Heavy Rain Move edition is a great game :/

How did they incorporate Move into Heavy Rain?

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, well I bought Move yesterday (no games, but I already own Eyepet so just give that an upgrade and download a few demos for now) and I'm definately impressed by the tech. It's precise, REALLY precise and the 'constant callibration' thing isn't a big issue, in fact I kinda like it. It's like how on the iphone you can recallibrate when you feel you're not getting the response you need from it. AAANYWAY...

as far as titles go, eyepet move is really good, it's not the best example but when you see the PS3 working with the pseye and move to give you the CLOSEST thing to a good virtual pet then it really is quite amazing. heck, if you've got 3D then even better.

Demoes wise, I've only downloaded echochrome ii but it's a really good puzzle game. Worth a buy when it's slightly cheaper.

Speaking of cheap, Move is not that lol. The controller set me back £35. The launch titles seem meh so I'm gonna wait till next month or something when a good game is released. Personally I'm looking forward to the sly collection, sorcery, infamous 2, dead space extraction and heroes on the move. So there's definately some good stuff on the way. What they need to do though is seriously ask developers to update more previous games, like Infamous, Uncharted, Motorstorm etc.

I mean, Motorstorm wouldn't take long to update :/ It's already got a (rather lame) motion setting. But games like Infamous could REALLY benefit from move.

So right now I rate the move a decent 7/10.

If it had the right games at launch then it would've gotten a 9.

Issues with the move are simply the price and fact that I found the buttons to be a bit funny to press...but I'll get used to it in time.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They took what Nintendo started, and then finished it on a stronger system. Kind of a douche bag Move, but it's a Yay/IT'S A COPY OF THE WII for me. It looks great.. Still a little messed up, as I said, but it's cool. I chose IT'S A COPY OF THE WII.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Until they show me at least 5 decent games worth owning it for (non shovelware type) I'm not interested.

And I don't mean just tacked on controls that could be done by using the dualshock either. Something that actually REQUIRES move tech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games...layStation_Move

list here shows you what games are exclusive to the ps move.

QUOTE(8BitWalugi @ Sep 26 2010, 02:48 PM) How did they incorporate Move into Heavy Rain?

via patch or you can buy the move version in october.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing with it all night...
wink.gif
....this is what the wii should have been....it tracks my movement 100%...pretty sweet IMO...

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazzy1 said:
wtfisausername said:
It has motion tracking like Kinect and is quite good, I never tried Kinect myself but I think it would be weird if not holding some kind of object.

I swear Kinect wasn't released yet...
But I hope it fails
tpi.gif

Kinect is not released.. I mean that the PS3 uses motion tracking unlike the Wii where it is just sensors. The calibration on the ps3 is annoying at times though. And Kinect demo unit is available at some places for users to test out.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems that everyone who has bought Move loves it.. Except 8BitWalugi :P

EDIT:

wtfisausername said:
Crazzy1 said:
wtfisausername said:
It has motion tracking like Kinect and is quite good, I never tried Kinect myself but I think it would be weird if not holding some kind of object.

I swear Kinect wasn't released yet...
But I hope it fails
tpi.gif

Kinect is not released.. I mean that the PS3 uses motion tracking unlike the Wii where it is just sensors. The calibration on the ps3 is annoying at times though. And Kinect demo unit is available at some places for users to test out.

Oh so a demo has been released... whoops. I still hope it fails.
tongue.gif

friarhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nay. The Wii proved motion sensor gaming was a novelty not a revolution. A little extra fidelity from the Move is not gonna change that.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the problem that I have with both microsoft's kinetic and sony's move is 3-fold:
1) there is no "got to have, mind blowing" title that showcases the tech being used by either accessory
2) they are expensive add-ons (150usd for kinetic, 100usd-180usd for move based on the different controller combinations that can be required based a given title)
and
3) both are being offered too late in either system's life cycle, which will lead to a very small attach rate, which in turn will follow by a quickly waning title support from companies outside of microsoft and sony (see 32x [master system], super scope 6 and mouse controller [snes], maxx 3D controller [nes])

3Dtv is in a worse position given that currently for the added cost of a 3D supported tv, a 3D supported blu-ray player (if you don't already own a ps3) and the cost for additional glasses for everyone in your household (outside of the 2 pairs which were included with the purchase of the tv), there are only about 4 titles available to purchase. and given that it's been available for months now, that's a hard pill to swallow.

and like 3Dtv, there has been a lot of hype regarding both "motion sensing" devices, but nothing that really screams "you have to have this". for the cost of admission, people are probably better off just purchasing a wii (if they don't already own one).

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This complex problem could be explain in a simple equation and I know all of you could verify the result:
Nintendo Wii + Graphics Upgraded + CPU Upgraded + Sensor bar in a camera + Memory Upgraded + HD + Wireless Nunchuck + Bulkier + Blue Ray + Added Features = Sony PS3 System Bundle with Eye Toy, PlayStation Move, Sony Sports, Sony Sports Resort and Super Mario Galaxy LoL
I personally think that this looks pretty similar to the Wii LoL
PS:
However, Kinect it's quite more different but it still has the same concept but just with a crazy intention of making people think they actually have something on the hands. We need something new like the 3DS with originality and not upgrades. Every console has something special so why trying to do the same. It's better to bring new ideas to the world.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's obviously a Wii clone, but that doesn't have to be bad. Nintendo was first with the analog stick and D-pad too; that doesn't mean it's a bad idea to implement them into a competing product. Besides, the Eye adds functionality that could prove to be interesting in the future.

Still, I'm disappointed by the Move. It works really well in a few games, but in some games (The Shoot) it's really crappy. Also, every game handles the controller differently. On the Wii, the cursor is always in the same place and handles the same way. Move games all have a cursor that reacts differently. For example, in some games you have to Move the controller a lot more to the sides.

I've found that the Move works best in Resident Evil 5, which plays just like RE4: Wii Edition now. The only downside is that RE5 was developed with the DualShock and 360 controller in mind, so it doesn't work as well. Still, it shows that the Move is at least as good as the Wiimote, which is OK for me. I like the Wiimote already, and having the option to play PS3 games with a similar controller is already worth it for me.

I can't wait for Heavy Rain: Move Edition
biggrin.gif
I still hadn't bought the original, and now it's coming with Move support (which is also downloadable for free), the DLC and some videos included for a reduced price.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
2) they are expensive add-ons (150usd for kinetic, 100usd-180usd for move based on the different controller combinations that can be required based a given title)
ALso remember the fact that Wii games like Wii Play and games like Sports Resort Include the accessories needed and that's really good in a bundle. That's a pretty good fact about the Wii that I think neither Microsoft or Sony would implement soon. They will bundle it with the console but you will still have to buy other accessories like the copy of the nunchuck that Sony has.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinect blows move away. You get so much more into the games because its not just your hand thats doing the actions, its your entire body. Much like sex
wink.gif
I have played Kinect Adventures, Sports and Racing and they are all really fun. The Move just seems to suck. It's future could be promising but the current games completely suck and are not worth $40. Might at well just play Wii.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thieves like us
They are making 3D tvs that do not require glasses, however what you say is true. I agree with what you say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hope all is well