Hacking PLEASE dont do these things when installing a9lh and how to fix it if you did it

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been some good written guides that worked just as well, but 3ds.guide is noob-friendly.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not every guide besides Plailect's is s**t. If you don't try to be a know-all and do things you're not sure about, you won't brick. For example, Plailect don't have the newes version of safehax+fasthax, which now works without a cartridge. Quick Note: Already updated my guide with it.

Little question: is it permitted to swear here on Temp?
I am not saying every guide is crap the reason I said that 3ds.guide is the best to follow because it is always up to date and has been around for months and almost all gbatemp users would recommend it over any other guide and most guides that arnt it become outdated or have problems like keeping a otp in the a9lh folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I respect that this is here, but then again...

You wouldnt be here unless you didnt follow the guide exactly, as everyone else says to XD
Yeah I really don't get why people cant follow instructions. Hell I even did it with my friends little brothers 3ds a few hours ago and he is now thanking me for showing me on how to get freeshop and a9lh.

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably the one with the formatted 2ds xD

That being said, I successfully hacked my brother 3ds while reading that guide and finding out where I went wrong. If I didn't freak out about a black screen (which usually means some kind of brick) then I wouldn't have tried to update it. In fact, my failure was attempting to fix a zoomed in screen by trying to do factory settings on 2.1.0. (gg me).

That all being said, I learned what I did wrong, and am going to try with another 3ds as soon as I get one :)

Reactions: Hyoretsu

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I've heard that closing the lid on 2.1 n3ds will cause a MCU brick which is not recoverable, even with nand backup and hard mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sorry i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin