Hardware please help idk what to do

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where exactly did you get that console from. Cause what you are describing sounds like a hacked console.
Yes it's modded and it's likely luma but I'm not sure at 100% though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, we have two separate issues on hand.

The first is that your files and data was deleted off your SD card. The only way you might have a chance in getting those back is with an recovery program like Recuva.

The second issue, if I'm reading this correctly, is that your 2DS does not turn on and boot into HOME Menu. IS this correct?
Actually, his 2ds boot and then close after a few seconds

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where exactly did you get that console from. Cause what you are describing sounds like a hacked console.
i get from my sister boyfriend it may be hacked cause he add games for me to play but now i want to get new files with no hack is that possible?

Yes it's modded and it's likely luma but I'm not sure at 100% though.

Actually, his 2ds boot and then close after a few seconds
i click on button and light turn on for 1 second and turn off no screen tho

sorry i make things hard. i am not good with this :(

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i get from my sister boyfriend it may be hacked cause he add games for me to play but now i want to get new files with no hack is that possible?
Once we find out what cfw is on the console right now. We can get you the correct files to boot the system up. At that point there are ways to remove the cfw afterwards if you still are set with no wanting to have it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i am recovering files right now give me 4 mins with recuva

To @Jhoang1684 , the OP of this thread:

If your 2DS has never been hacked
Try removing & reinserting the battery and turn on the 2DS without an SD card. This is to see if your 2DS still works. Also try Recovery Mode:

If your 2DS is hacked with Luma3DS + boot9strap custom firmware (but you don't it)
Follow the short cheat guide here:
will this work if my 2ds dont even turn on?!?

RECUVA NO WORK!!! it finished and just many random files and no folders. what the heck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i am recovering files right now give me 4 mins with recuva

When you get those files back, take a screenshot picture of the files and folders, like this:

finalizing-setup-file-layout.png

will this work if my 2ds dont even turn on?!?

If you removed & reinserted the battery, turned on the 2DS without the SD card in place, and the 2DS does not go into HOME Menu by turning itself off, you probably have custom firmware that needs its files missing on that SD card.

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so you want your 2ds to return to stock?Yes it's possible but we need to know what is installed on the console first.After that you tried to restore your data on your 2ds you should try to download the boot.firm if the restore failed.If the 9.0 luma doesn't work then it means that he had surely installed
A9LH then you'll need to try Luma 7.0.5 .However, if you return to stock all the game that the boyfriend of your sister put on your 2ds will be unusable just that you know.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so you want your 2ds to return to stock?Yes it's possible but we need to know what is installed on the console first.After that you tried to restore your data on your 2ds you should try to download the boot.firm if the restore failed.If the 9.0 luma doesn't work then it means that he had surely installed
A9LH then you'll need to try Luma 7.0.5 .However, if you return to stock all the game that the boyfriend of your sister put on your 2ds will be unusable just that you know.
not really. depending on b9s v1.0 1.1 compared to 1.2 and 1.3, Certain luma versions will work and wont. Not necessarily a indicator of A9LH

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont want games my cousin is sick and i want to give to him with no game or cheat. he has games but his 3ds break

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not really. depending on b9s v1.0 1.1 compared to 1.2 and 1.3, Certain luma versions will work and wont. Not necessarily a indicator of A9LH
I know I checked that 7.0.5 or earlier works from what I read.above
this one, it's the 7.1 version and it's written that it supports boot9strap so I'm assuming that.

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i know is it was hacked with fbi menu

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know I checked that 7.0.5 or earlier works from what I read.Under this one, it's the 7.1 version and it's written that it supports boot9strap so I'm assuming that.
Ya. if anything OP will need to looks at luma 7.0.5 for A9LH. 7.1 for b9s 1.0 and 1.1 and luma 9.0 for most recent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i know is it was hacked with fbi menu

Ooo. Okay, so you have a really old form of homebrew. Oh boy, this is going to be a tough one. I think you have something called Menuhax .

Someone else who is more experienced and knowledgeable will have to help you with this. I have no clue what your Old 2DS was exactly running and deleting your files on the SD card will make it even harder to determine this.

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooo. Okay, so you have a really old form of homebrew. Oh boy, this is going to be a tough one. I think you have something called Menuhax .

Someone else who is more experienced and knowledgeable will have to help you with this. I have no clue what your Old 2DS was exactly running and deleting your files on the SD card will make it even harder to determine this.

wait so there is no way to just put the basic root files of a new 2ds and fix it? its not that simple?

i think i throw this in trash

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it's a new 2ds it's almost sure that he has boot9strap because there was only hardmod and ntrboot to mod the new 2ds.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so there is no way to just put the basic root files of a new 2ds and fix it? its not that simple?

Without knowing what exact type of custom firmware was on that 2DS, you can't just place anything on the SD root.

Your last screenshots with freeshop.cia suggests you at least had either arm9loaderhax or boot9strap.

You may try using that quick cheatsheet guide I posted. That one will only work if you have a new enough Luma3DS with boot9strap setup.

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a new 2ds it's almost sure that he has boot9strap because there was only hardmod and ntrboot to mod the new 2ds.

everyone who helped me thank you so much but i will ask my sisters boyfriend if that dont work ill trash it. again thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, atleast you get paid