Hardware please help idk what to do

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no reason to remove custom firmware. Your cousin or you can play the 2DS like it is stock. Just use it normally like it is without messing with anything, cheating, modding, or playing homebrew.

But if you intend to go back to stock firmware at all cost, you have to update to boot9strap first.
Once you've completed that, you can uninstall with this:

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no reason to remove custom firmware. Your cousin or you can play the 2DS like it is stock. Just use it normally like it is without messing with anything, cheating, modding, or playing homebrew.

But if you intend to go back to stock firmware at all cost, you have to update to boot9strap first.

if i get it get it back after letting him borrow can i sell to gamestop without them knowing it is hacked?

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i opened the link and there are 3 files to download do i download all of them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

please keep in mind i dont know anything about this i am completely new

When you complete steps 1 and 2, put the SD card back into the 2DS, does that NAND sentence appear?

If not, that means you don't have boot9strap setup -or- are using really old verison of Luma3DS.

Totally true but I would recommend to be sure that there's no payload left in the ad card in case that his cousin open godmod9 or a tool like that and then erase systems files

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Jhoang1684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally true but I would recommend to be sure that there's no payload left in the ad card in case that his cousin open godmod9 or a tool like that and then erase systems files
so do u agree i should do this "

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so do u agree i should do this "

If you have planned to sell it after, yes you should.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was going to suggest removing GodMode9.firm and setting the Rosalina Menu combo to be something obscure like: X + Select + L + Down
But then again, he looks set in removing CFW at all cost. A damn shame, too.

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to suggest removing GodMode9.firm and setting the Rosalina Menu combo to be something obscure like: X + Select + L + Down
But then again, he looks set in removing CFW at all cost. A damn shame, too.
It's not a shame actually,he's only planning to sell it afterward.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a shame actually,he's only planning to sell it afterward.

Just setup ctrnand so the O2DS boots up without SD card, and sell it as it? As long as the system works like it normally does, do Gamestop employees care or are that thorough in checking? I mean, the worse that can happen is that they say no and then try selling it at a different store.

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just setup ctrnand so the O2DS boots up without SD card, and sell it as it? As long as the system works like it normally does, do Gamestop employees care or are that thorough in checking? I mean, the worse that can happen is that they say no and then try selling it at a different store.
Honestly I don't think so but at least your sure that you'll be able to sell it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Take care, and hope your cousin does better and has lots of fun with new (old) 2DS! :D
Same here you're welcome :)

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, good point. I mean, it could go either way. It's not like Gamestop will call the police on you for having a hacked 3DS/2DS, right? Eh, all these hypothetical situtations.
Of course not lol. It's only to be sure but yeah at the same time they don't really bother if it's modded they just want to know if it's working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh