ROM Hack Please help with changing the text in Devil Survivor Overclocked

Reishiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I'm trying to translate Devil Survivor Overclocked/Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker into my mother language. So far I managed to unpack DSO Target.bin with help from this thread. No luck with DS2RB yet.
Then I came across a new problem, according to Kuriimu's dev (onepiecefreak), the game script uses .cmp extension which are compressed. Here is what he analysis from what I gave him so far:

It's LZ10 compressed (like the cmp suggested that it is compressed)
But the file itself is too big. So it contains most likely more than one file.
So it's a headerless archive consisting of compressed files(edited)
the files beginning with "d_" are only one lz10 compressed file.
They seem to contain indeed text. SJIS text to be exact
But the files beginning with "b_" are most likely this above mentioned headerless archive(edited)
And yes the files beginning with "b_" also contain SJIS text.
We now have to figure out either where the table for these archives is (because somehow the game has to know where to start and end reading) or if there even is one...
Also it would be impossible for you to edit these files properly since somwhere the game knows how long the compressed parts of the "b_" files are. So if you edit them you have to tell the game the new dimensions of these compressed files
Without this, no proper edit of the text will be possible

He don't have the time to help though. So I wanted to ask if anyone can help me. To be honest I don't have the slightest romhacking/programing skill to begin with. But I'm just desperately want to bring this game to the fans in my country. Thank you in advance! If someone can help me, I hope I can do something for them to pay them back, like donating. Although I don't have much, I'll do something.

Here is the event folder which content all the game script (I think): https://www.upload.ee/files/7110734/Event.zip.html. My main target is DS2RB but since I can't figure out how to unpack target.bin yet, I can't begin with it.

Reactions: BestestHD

CyanTrigger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Serph-DDS

BestestHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had managed to get it unpacking a couple months ago already, though being able to unpack Record Breaker is very nice.
My current project evades the need to repack, fortunately y'all will see within a year .......

Reactions: Serph-DDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rVUjbpqsE_M?si=xx-48GSacwRiKHU_ Hole in Ass