Please help with wallpaper

SuSaraiva13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I wanted to customize a wallpaper with that wheel on the right side, but i don´t know how to do that. Can someone can give me a help? Tks

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita wallpapers have a resolution of 960 x 544, so if you're going to use a wallpaper make sure it's that size. Secondly, not too sure what you mean by "with that wheel on the right side".

Anyway, here's how to use wallpapers on the Vita:

There are two types of wallpapers on the Vita. One is the wallpaper for your start-screen, and the other(s) are wallpapers for the various home-screen pages you have on your Vita. That is, the pages where your games and apps are found on each of these home-screens. With Sony's default layout, you can only have a total of 10 home-screens, with an independent wallpaper for each one.

Here's how to change your home-screen wallpapers:

Shown below is a home-screen (the second home-screen of my Vita - as indicated by the small circles going downward on the left-hand side): Right now I have a Super Metroid wallpaper.

No-1.jpg

Let's say I want to change that wallpaper, here's what to do. On the page you want to swap out wallpapers, hold your thumb down ANYWHERE ON THE PAGE, and after a moment your page will change and look like this (alternatively you can press the TRIANGLE button on your Vita and this will produce the exact same result as holding your thumb down on the screen).

No-2.jpg

Note the circle around the two icons in the lower right of the screen. The one that has a "+" sign in it is to create an additional home-screen (provided you don't already have 10 pages), but ignore that for now. The other icon which looks like a portrait image with a "wave" in it - tap that icon and the following screen will pop up...

No-3.jpg

The "colored" buttons are to change the color of the background INSIDE THE BUBBLES. But when you press the FOLDER ICON, you will be taken to your PICTURES folder and your picture gallery will light up and turn on, like this:

2024-03-01-192731.png

This is where all of the IMAGES you have on your Vita are stored - you'll see all of them here in this gallery. Scroll through to see all of them.

Now, simply select any image you'd like to use as a wallpaper, and VOILA!!! You now have a new wallpaer for that particular home-screen. I just switched the Super Metroid out for Earthworm Jim, in all of his goofy glory:

2024-03-01-210938.png

Done.

Now, let's wrap this up by showing you how to change the wallpaper for your Start Screen. Just for your info, the Start Screen is the first image you see once your Vita completely boots up. This is my current Start Screen:

2024-03-01-214354.png

To switch wallpapers for the start-screen, simply tap on your PHOTOS icon, as seen here:

2024-03-01-163534.png

My PHOTOS icon above is on the extreme left. You can move it wherever you like, but I'm just throwing that out there (so hence, my PHOTOS icon is a folder on my Vita called Sony Default Apps). Tap the icon. You will be given a selection of 4 options. Just select "Gallery" on the lower right. After that, I always just hit "ALL", like so....

No-8.jpg

When you hit "all", every single image that you have on your Vita (regardless of whether or not it's a wallpaper) will show up in a gallery, just as mentioned above. So, we then select an image like this - my image will be a wallpaper of the original PlayStation console:

No-9.jpg

Now I've selected this PS One wallpaper, and we end up with this:

2024-03-01-162642.png

Now, simply tap the icon in the lower right hand corner that is an ellipsis (this dude "...") and the following menu will pop up:

No-6.jpg

Finally, select "Use as Start Screen", and you end up with this:

2024-03-01-222249.png

And there you have it!!! Now you can use any kind of wallpaper you want which is just the tip of the iceberg when customizing your Vita to your liking. Enjoy!!!

Thats_all_folks.jpg

Attachments

• 2024-03-01-162712.png
    2024-03-01-162712.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2024-03-01-162653.png
    2024-03-01-162653.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024-03-01-162712.png
    2024-03-01-162712.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,
Reactions: SuSaraiva13

SuSaraiva13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PS Vita wallpapers have a resolution of 960 x 544, so if you're going to use a wallpaper make sure it's that size. Secondly, not too sure what you mean by "with that wheel on the right side".

Anyway, here's how to use wallpapers on the Vita:

There are two types of wallpapers on the Vita. One is the wallpaper for your start-screen, and the other(s) are wallpapers for the various home-screen pages you have on your Vita. That is, the pages where your games and apps are found on each of these home-screens. With Sony's default layout, you can only have a total of 10 home-screens, with an independent wallpaper for each one.

Here's how to change your home-screen wallpapers:

Shown below is a home-screen (the second home-screen of my Vita - as indicated by the small circles going downward on the left-hand side): Right now I have a Super Metroid wallpaper.

View attachment 423299

Let's say I want to change that wallpaper, here's what to do. On the page you want to swap out wallpapers, hold your thumb down ANYWHERE ON THE PAGE, and after a moment your page will change and look like this (alternatively you can press the TRIANGLE button on your Vita and this will produce the exact same result as holding your thumb down on the screen).

View attachment 423300

Note the circle around the two icons in the lower right of the screen. The one that has a "+" sign in it is to create an additional home-screen (provided you don't already have 10 pages), but ignore that for now. The other icon which looks like a portrait image with a "wave" in it - tap that icon and the following screen will pop up...

View attachment 423301

The "colored" buttons are to change the color of the background INSIDE THE BUBBLES. But when you press the FOLDER ICON, you will be taken to your PICTURES folder and your picture gallery will light up and turn on, like this:

View attachment 423302

This is where all of the IMAGES you have on your Vita are stored - you'll see all of them here in this gallery. Scroll through to see all of them.

Now, simply select any image you'd like to use as a wallpaper, and VOILA!!! You now have a new wallpaer for that particular home-screen. I just switched the Super Metroid out for Earthworm Jim, in all of his goofy glory:

View attachment 423303

Done.

Now, let's wrap this up by showing you how to change the wallpaper for your Start Screen. Just for your info, the Start Screen is the first image you see once your Vita completely boots up. This is my current Start Screen:

View attachment 423306

To switch wallpapers for the start-screen, simply tap on your PHOTOS icon, as seen here:

View attachment 423307

My PHOTOS icon above is on the extreme left. You can move it wherever you like, but I'm just throwing that out there (so hence, my PHOTOS icon is a folder on my Vita called Sony Default Apps). Tap the icon. You will be given a selection of 4 options. Just select "Gallery" on the lower right. After that, I always just hit "ALL", like so....

View attachment 423308

When you hit "all", every single image that you have on your Vita (regardless of whether or not it's a wallpaper) will show up in a gallery, just as mentioned above. So, we then select an image like this - my image will be a wallpaper of the original PlayStation console:

View attachment 423309

Now I've selected this PS One wallpaper, and we end up with this:

View attachment 423310

Now, simply tap the icon in the lower right hand corner that is an ellipsis (this dude "...") and the following menu will pop up:

View attachment 423316

Finally, select "Use as Start Screen", and you end up with this:

View attachment 423314

And there you have it!!! Now you can use any kind of wallpaper you want which is just the tip of the iceberg when customizing your Vita to your liking. Enjoy!!!

View attachment 423313
I found the wall paper that i attached on the reply. I was talking about that wheel that shows on the right side of the screen. I was looking some wallpaper like that, but with more consoles.

Attachments

• Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.png
    Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 10

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the wall paper that i attached on the reply. I was talking about that wheel that shows on the right side of the screen. I was looking some wallpaper like that, but with more consoles.

HittingHead.gif

Welll I certainly goofed on that one! I've never seen that wheel before. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure it's legit. I've never even heard of it before, and it says "Retro Games" on it, with what appears to be the RetroArch logo. Have you seen this before, like a "live" version of it where it is animated? It just might be that, or it might just be some photoshop job. I'm not saying it's not legit, but hopefully somone else will come along into this thread and verify its existence. If you've got some pics of this thing, or perhaps a video on YouTube, please share it with us!!!

Reactions: SuSaraiva13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow