Hacking PLEASE HELP

JulianSchmidt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a custom firmware (b9s) with the latest stable luma version. Every time I go online i get a crash. Pls I hope you guys could help me to fix this error, because i dont understand what the error mean.:wacko::bow::D

Attachments

• 20200202_165036.jpg
    20200202_165036.jpg
    993.6 KB · Views: 150

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it do that if you select system update? one or more of the system files may be corrupted. do you have a NAND backup?

JulianSchmidt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you give more info? What do you mean with "every time I go online"?

An example is: When I go into a game like mk7 and press the global task to play online it crashs, because I haven't the latest system update.

But when i go into system settings to download the system updates ut crashs with the following crash dump above.:(

JulianSchmidt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did a nand backup in the beginning of my cfw usage.

I have a question:

When I restore the nand , do I lose my latest savefiles/games? Does it reset the space to the time i did the backup?

Aorry for the newbie question.:wink:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It crashs.

Attachments

• 20200202_165036.jpg
    20200202_165036.jpg
    993.6 KB · Views: 131

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I have a question:

When I restore the nand , do I lose my latest savefiles/games? Does it reset the space to the time i did the backup?

It crashs.
It's impossible you get that crash screen when you go online in MK7, that can only show up if the system configuration app is running. Please check again which error screen you get when trying to go online with MK7.

JulianSchmidt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's impossible you get that crash screen when you go online in MK7, that can only show up if the system configuration app is running. Please check again which error screen you get when trying to go online with MK7.
Okay thank you for your reply. I will test it when iam at home.;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what happens to saves and games that are on the sd card, but reflashing the NAND should make it like it was when you made the backup. I actually have like 30+ NAND backups of different firmware versions. I make a new one every time I install something.

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I have a question:

It crashs.
Games you installed after making the backup will not show up, due to missing tickets. The tickets can be reinstalled with FBI after the restore, which will make the games show up with working saves again, BUT for games that make use of a secure value to prevent tampering with the save, you will have to reset the secure value with Checkpoint or the game won't accept the save. To dump the tickets, try these steps:
  1. Install: https://github.com/annson24/GM9Megascript/ (follow the instructions in the readme)
  2. Launch GM9 by holding START on boot, press Home and choose Scripts -> GM9Megascript
  3. Choose Dump Options -> System File Dump Options -> Dump ticket.db
  4. Power off
  5. On a PC (or with a file explorer on the 3DS if you like) make a copy of SD:\dbs\ticket.db and name it SD:\dbs\ticket.bak
  6. Launch GM9 again, press Home and choose Scripts -> GM9Megascript
  7. This time, choose Scripts from Plailect's Guide -> CTRTransfer Ticket Copy
  8. Follow the instructions onscreen.
  9. If everything appears to go without errors, power off and plug the SD card into a PC to verify that the "ctrtransfer_tickets\eshop" folder exists in the GM9 output folder, and that it contains a bunch of files (these are your tickets that you'll need to install later with FBI). You may also optionally restore "ctrtransfer_tickets\unknown". The GM9 output folder is IIRC at SD:\GM9\out
  10. Once you have verified that the files are indeed there, it's safe to restore your NAND backup, but I don't recommend you do so just yet, until you have done some more troubleshooting to figure out the issue, as it might not be NAND related at all.
I have not tested these steps but they should work.

Alternatively, you can back up your saves with Checkpoint before restoring the backup, restore the backup, reinstall all the missing CIAs, then restore the save data you backed up. HOWEVER, don't reinstall the CIAs unless you have a save backup, as that will wipe the save data.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Alexander1970

JulianSchmidt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
15811077492781729212778876181341.jpg
Iam not very sure about the NAND restore. I think there must be another method.:unsure::(

I want to be safe. This is the error I get when i go in system settings -> System Update.

I hope you guys can help me again.;)^_^

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
View attachment 195640
I tried to get online in mk7 and got this error code.Does anyone know what the error means and how to fix it?:wink:;) thanks for your help guys.:D
Alright, you are lucky and I can check MK7 error codes, I only need to know one thing more. Go to FBI -> titles -> and tell me if you can read a 0004000E00030800 titleid (should be listed as Mario Kart 7)

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
View attachment 195647
I hope thats the right one.:wink:;)
I see more Mario Kart 7 listed in FBI, are you using a cartridge or a digital version?

Okay nevermind, the problem happens when calling "System::AppletLauncher". This means you are probably missing the error display applet for whatever reason. Did you remove any title from FBI? Doing a CTRTransfer will most likely fix your issue.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Judge Dread Wario lol