Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you see a thread posted by a spambot please don't post inside it, it just helps them really. If you want to help just report it and thats it.

Seen an illegal link? Don't quote it, it just makes it more work for us as we have to edit the link out of your post too. Just report it and tell us how its an link to an illegal file and we'll go from there.

Regarding members, we'd appreciate it if you didn't post in the thread that you are reporting them. Just report them and thats that, otherwise most people just edit their posts and we have no proof of what they actually said.

We appreciate all of your help to keep the forum clean of spam, bad behaviour and illegal links.

I love you but in a way man loves his favourite food after going hungry for several hours.

grog.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do we report PM spam ?

I'm forwarding it to 1 admin (I don't know which one is better), but there's no "report" button.
Report would be like a forward anyway, right ?
Can we forward to mods too ?

I reported someone I suspected to be a PM spambot, but he was still not banned after few days.
I guess it's ok, he didn't spam me again, so I deleted the message.

I also suggested "let's change the pass phrase", bots seems to know it to well now.
they know where to look, so maybe change the place or html tag id, or don't print it on the same page (like a popup, or a link to another page).

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a rickroll!

I'd appreciate maybe not having to open a thread to report it
ninja.gif
For those painfully obvious ones 'n' all. Maybe have a notice that it wasn't actually opened when the report's sent though.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:

I'm forwarding it to 1 admin (I don't know which one is better), but there's no "report" button.
Send it to any Global Mod, Supervisor or admin. If anyone gets spam, you can freely message me and I'll deal with it as soon as I see the message.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian said:
Cyan said:

Send it to any Global Mod, Supervisor or admin. If anyone gets spam, you can freely message me and I'll deal with it as soon as I see the message.
Might want to include a note with it, otherwise the staff will just warn you for spamming
laugh.gif

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
Cyan said:

Send it do me :3

smileipb2.png

Edit: 20% Warn For me :3

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't GBAtemp just have a security code you have to type in when you sign up? Unless they do? I wouldn't know since I signed up back in '07. Heh. I don't remember having to enter one.

It will help keep the bots from signing up.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "GBAtemp does not host ROMs" is the closest I can think of, but we need something else. Maybe a common sense question like "Do you like Twilight?" If the answer's yes, then we know it's either a bot or someone we don't want on the forum anyway.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Why doesn't GBAtemp just have a security code you have to type in when you sign up? Unless they do? I wouldn't know since I signed up back in '07. Heh. I don't remember having to enter one.

They're easy for bots to get around.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Brian117 said:

They're easy for bots to get around.

Not really. Not unless you do the kind of security answers like, "What's 2+3?" or something. Or even those security words like they have on Facebook.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Cyan said:

I reported someone I suspected to be a PM spambot, but he was still not banned after few days.
I guess it's ok, he didn't spam me again, so I deleted the message.

I also suggested "let's change the pass phrase", bots seems to know it to well now.
they know where to look, so maybe change the place or html tag id, or don't print it on the same page (like a popup, or a link to another page).

This makes me think of something I have mentioned before in passing. A member profile report button could be extremely useful for such things. A spambot PM spams you, go to their profile and report it, it would also be useful in other circumstances.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Maybe a common sense question like "Do you like Twilight?" If the answer's yes, then we know it's either a bot or someone we don't want on the forum anyway.
tongue.gif

How about: Are you a spambot?
smileipb2.png

DeMoN said:
Security codes and math equations are easily bypassed. What's needed is a word problem. Something like:
QUOTE said:
A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 die. How many are left?
10?
smileipb2.png

Not really. Not unless you do the kind of security answers like, "What's 2+3?" or something. Or even those security words like they have on Facebook.
Most bots can figure the maths out. The reCAPTCHA would work though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4