ROM Hack [Plugin NTR]RAM Explorer

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to see a feature that lets you load gateway cheats via text file. So yeah just like gateway. If this is possible i would love to see it implemented!

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry but I won't implement that in this plugin. :/

As you all should know right now, the NTR cfw is discontinued so with time plugins for NTR cfw will become useless / unsupported.
So for this reason and because my personal life is in a big change I'll stop working on this project.

You have to know that I don't have access to the source code so there's no need to ask me for the sources...
I'll release them when and IF I get them back.

Does that means that this project is dead ?

Absolutely NOT !
In fact before I leave, I was in the middle of a complete rework of the plugin as it became bigger than expected when I started this.
Why do I tell you this ?
Because when I started this plugin I didn't have the knowledge and experience in C as I have now, and I'm currently learning how the ARM ASM works.
Those skills will allow me (at least I hope) to port the base / core idea of this plugin (View / Edit / Search the memory of the console - even cheats loading why not ? -) in a new project I'll start as soon as my converter is finished and my comprehension of asm is enough to do it.

This new project will have the same functions and even more but it'll won't be in a form of a plugin.
I'd like to make it independent but I'm not sure yet of the solution I'll adopt.

Of course, there's no need to ask for a release date I don't even know when I'll really start it. :P

That's all I guess. ;)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry but I won't implement that in this plugin. :/

As you all should know right now, the NTR cfw is discontinued so with time plugins for NTR cfw will become useless / unsupported.
So for this reason and because my personal life is in a big change I'll stop working on this project.

You have to know that I don't have access to the source code so there's no need to ask me for the sources...
I'll release them when and IF I get them back.

Does that means that this project is dead ?

Absolutely NOT !
In fact before I leave, I was in the middle of a complete rework of the plugin as it became bigger than expected when I started this.
Why do I tell you this ?
Because when I started this plugin I didn't have the knowledge and experience in C as I have now, and I'm currently learning how the ARM ASM works.
Those skills will allow me (at least I hope) to port the base / core idea of this plugin (View / Edit / Search the memory of the console - even cheats loading why not ? -) in a new project I'll start as soon as my converter is finished and my comprehension of asm is enough to do it.

This new project will have the same functions and even more but it'll won't be in a form of a plugin.
I'd like to make it independent but I'm not sure yet of the solution I'll adopt.

Of course, there's no need to ask for a release date I don't even know when I'll really start it. :P

That's all I guess. ;)
Ok, well will the search feature (if it gets added) be able to search for values like gateway, e.g. search 5 coins on MK7, get another and search 6 etc. I was gonna buy a gateway but if this alows for adding in cheats like that i will use this

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How would I go about dumping a particular process?
For example, let's say I open a VC game and I want to dump the RAM info for it, how would I do that?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh !

Good to know! I tried with Golden Sun few month ago and NTR was removed...
Maybe I had another problem or it's not working only with gba games ?

Do you mind giving some details ?
o3DS / n3DS ?
NTR Version ?
Game ?

Thanks ! :)

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Oh !

o3DS / n3DS ?
NTR Version ?
Game ?

GBA VC doesn't work because it reboots to AGB_FIRM

@ShadowOne333 is using VC that doesn't reboot. It is probably a NES/GB/GBC/SNES VC

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh !

o3DS / n3DS ?
NTR Version ?
Game ?

GBA VC doesn't work because it reboots to AGB_FIRM

@ShadowOne333 is using VC that doesn't reboot. It is probably a NES/GB/GBC/SNES VC
Indeed.
As A_Random_Guy says, it was SNES VC.
I dumped both Mother 2 and EarthBound from RAM.

I had to check first which processes were open before I opened up the game, and once I opened it, I got 3 additional processes.
I got up to 26 without the VC, and I got something above 29 after booting the VC (it skips the numbers in between 26 and 29 or so).
You need to dump the 0x14000000 region for the very first process after the 26th one, you can ignore the following ones.
Then wait like 10 seconds and close the VC, that will give you a .dmp file in the root of the SD card.

Then I simply opened up the .dmp file in a Hex editor and started trimming the file for the ROM. :)

And yeah I don't think GBA titles might work because they boot to AGB_FIRM, the same applies to DSiWare which boots to TWL_FIRM.

As for my console setup:

Menuhax N3DS.
Sysnand 9.0U - Emunand 10.7U
NTR up to the latest 3.4 Preview 2
And the latest version of RAM Explorer (for some reason they appear as Process Manager, Process Debugger, etc, and there's no plugin with the name RAM Explorer in it until you open up Process Manager).

D

Deleted User

No, what @SirBeethoven is requesting is a RAM dumper and injector. It'd be useful for Animal Crossing because it's where garden.dat (games save file) is stored at runtime. Some people made the RAM dumper/injector avaible for Spider, but others couldn't use it with New3ds... Do you think it's possible to inject a RAM dump with NTR? I can give you the proper offsets that are used if it's possible
This would be heavenly!

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this is more of a 'Save state' plugin. Did @cell9 or whoever the author of the real-time-save leave the source?
If yes, it can be easily implemented by changing the offsets it dumps and injects.
Pretty sure it was in cell9's safe, along with NTR and the video capture :P

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. If it's a one time use only, you should export the data to inject in a bin file.
Then use bin2c to convert this bin file in a array.
Import the outputted c file in a plugin and using memcpy, copy the array in the right address.

It's the fastest way if it's a few uses only.

D

Deleted User

Yes. If it's a one time use only, you should export the data to inject in a bin file.
Then use bin2c to convert this bin file in a array.
Import the outputted c file in a plugin and using memcpy, copy the array in the right address.

It's the fastest way if it's a few uses only.
0.0 not sure what that means...

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably, yes.

Except that in a plugin you'll deal with virtual address. ;)

Should be pretty simple to put in place. :)

@SirBeethoven: first you need to extract the desired data from the dump to a bin file.
A simple copy paste with an hex editor should work.

Then use the utility bin2c to transform the bin data to a c file, which you'll be able to insert in a plugin.
Then you only need to make a copy from the array to the address in the ram.

D

Deleted User

Probably, yes.

Except that in a plugin you'll deal with virtual address. ;)

Should be pretty simple to put in place. :)

@SirBeethoven: first you need to extract the desired data from the dump to a bin file.
A simple copy paste with an hex editor should work.

Then use the utility bin2c to transform the bin data to a c file, which you'll be able to insert in a plugin.
Then you only need to make a copy from the array to the address in the ram.
How can I tell which one it the town from the Dream Address?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now how do I place the new ram (left) and replace the ram from "acnlram.bin" with the correct one?
Capture.PNG

@Nanquitas ^

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, maybe @itsRyan does have the address that you need to copy ?

What he means is dump RAM with process dumper 2.0 and copy and paste the data from that RAM dump to a new bin file, and then use the program bin2c to incoperate it into a plugin
Exactly ! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guy1 will continue to talk shit about you constantly as well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because he knows what he did
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Speaking of which, where is my $10 Ken? And I heard you been talking crap bout me to my wife. Punk.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were standing right there when we were talking should've said something then
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking insurance gave me a migraine told me my dentist was in network now they're rejecting claims saying they aren't
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's what they do the best, pass the buck.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Insurance is a thing adults have to blow off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insurance is one those things you pay all your life for, no questions asked, all is fine, they take your money. And as soon as you make a claim or something happens, they never want to payout or help, just fight you on everything if it cost them any of your money.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never had a car accident, but I bet I've paid thousands/ million into car insurance that ill never see a dime of prob. Is crazy, but its the law.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Liability, drive a old car fuck all that over priced fancy crap
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    When you buy a new car, or have a bank loan on it, you have to have full coverage, but yea its a racket
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    u guys on crack? I got in auto accident and insurance paid $6500 to fix my car. they don't pay? whatever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But think about how much you have paid them over the years, prob way more than 6500, but that's life, not like we have a choice. Gotta have to cover your ass.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You probably drive some fancy dandy electric car that the salesman told you would get you bitches
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He drives a BMW or Benz I think I remember him talking about a $500 oil change
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The secret sauce is, they raise your rates after an accident. You get to pay them back lol
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    volkswagen beetle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi couldn't pay hospital bills lol.
    He found out how much the ambulance ride was going to cost lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.