Homebrew [PoC][ProjectFii] 3DFii, A replacement service for (some) Nintendo 3DS services

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsKaitlyn03

Official GBAtemp ?
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I really don't care if I get a little latency.
please stop my notifs are going up the wall >.>
upload_2017-10-4_8-23-40.png

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told you when you were trying to make Altnn a thing (and lying about its progress), and I'll reiterate it now -- you're building up a bunch of hype for something that will never come to be.

You really do not understand how ambitious of a project this is, and it's well beyond the scope of your capabilities.

ItsKaitlyn03

Official GBAtemp ?
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I told you when you were trying to make Altnn a thing (and lying about its progress), and I'll reiterate it now -- you're building up a bunch of hype for something that will never come to be.

You really do not understand how ambitious of a project this is, and it's well beyond the scope of your capabilities.
I actually (kinda) agree with this. Atleast it has some progress instead of something that never even started.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually agree with this one. Atleast it has some progress instead of something that never even started.

There isn't any real progress, gonna be honest.

It looks to me like you took my SSL patch, and used it to hardcode some accounts API responses. Hell, you're telling people to use fiddler -- not even a real redirection mechanism in place.

Please stop trying to make these projects :/ -- choose something less ambitious.

ItsKaitlyn03

Official GBAtemp ?
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There isn't any real progress, gonna be honest.

It looks to me like you took my SSL patch, and used it to hardcode some accounts API responses. Hell, you're telling people to use fiddler -- not even a real redirection mechanism in place.

Please stop trying to make these projects :/ -- choose something less ambitious.
I was actually going to change it to use dnsmasq. Hell, I'm working on a database lmao.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually going to change it to use dnsmasq. Hell, I'm working on a database lmao.

Whether you use a DNS redirection tool or something else is fundamentally irrelevant to the message of the post: You are not going to be able, at 15, to do what you want to do here -- and it is bad for you to repeatedly get people hyped up about snake oil.

hedgeberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, dnsmasq is just going to allow you to serve IP addresses, its not going to be some kind of magic solution for your problems. If you host a DNS Server + redirection for each piece of the API + all of the servers needed to pull this off, you're looking at well over 50 bucks a month, before bandwidth costs. And, if you do choose to self-host, you're going to make your own life hell. It'll cost thousands to get a proper server, + bandwidth, + security. Good luck.

Last edited by hedgeberg,
Reactions: Arcanuskun

ItsKaitlyn03

Official GBAtemp ?
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Whether you use a DNS redirection tool or something else is fundamentally irrelevant to the message of the post: You are not going to be able, at 15, to do what you want to do here -- and it is bad for you to repeatedly get people hyped up about snake oil.
Are you saying age has something to do with programming? I differ.

ItsKaitlyn03

Official GBAtemp ?
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Dude, dnsmasq is just going to allow you to serve IP addresses, its not going to be some kind of magic solution for your problems. If you host a DNS Server + redirection for each piece of the API + all of the servers needed to pull this off, you're looking at well over 50 bucks a month, before bandwidth costs. And, if you
I know dnsmasq isn't a magic solution to serving multiple IP addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1