jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice to see Nintendo do a simultaneous international release for a main series pokemon game, seeing as it is now an international brand.

Plus it would stop the flood of "CAN I HAZ ENGLISH P4TCH!!1!!!1!!" threads
That too. But I was referring to the now massive space there is between Japan and international releases due to languages, text editing, debugging, etc. Also, not just for the Pokemon games but most games with large and diverse installed fan base. If not simultaneous, at least closer than what they have been. I think BW2 is a start of that. Just like with the dubbing of the anime.

TeddyPain

Trophies
Waving to black people in the hood in my car.
XP
Country
United States
I hope they will make a fighting rpg exclusively for 1st gen and then work their way up to 2nd and 3rd and so on. I was thinking it would be like the Tales series, I would prefer this than another gen 6 where I have to memorize more names. Hurts my braincells, you know. I look forward to seeing more story and more minigames as Pokemon games are getting repetitive and repetitive, and quite frankly I'm a little bored with them.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I hope they will make a fighting rpg exclusively for 1st gen and then work their way up to 2nd and 3rd and so on. I was thinking it would be like the Tales series, I would prefer this than another gen 6 where I have to memorize more names. Hurts my braincells, you know. I look forward to seeing more story and more minigames as Pokemon games are getting repetitive and repetitive, and quite frankly I'm a little bored with them.
But Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without the turn based combat... It's just like saying you wanna play yugioh without using the cards. D=

TeddyPain

Trophies
Waving to black people in the hood in my car.
XP
Country
United States
But Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without the turn based combat... It's just like saying you wanna play yugioh without using the cards. D=
I'm getting bored of turn-based combat. I'm positive the sales will rise much more if they convert to this. And they don't have to stop making turn-based rpgs. They can just make a different series for it like Mystery Dungeon. And they are releaising that Nobunga game. I would prefer an action pokemon game like Pokemon Rumble or Type Wild for the ds.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm getting bored of turn-based combat. I'm positive the sales will rise much more if they convert to this. And they don't have to stop making turn-based rpgs. They can just make a different series for it like Mystery Dungeon. And they are releaising that Nobunga game. I would prefer an action pokemon game like Pokemon Rumble or Type Wild for the ds.
In Japan, from what I've read in several websites, beetween Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series, the series that got more fans is Dragon Quest, which always had a traditional turn based combat system, unlike Final Fantasy which always tries to change the combat system in some way. You might not like it, but it's pretty much proven that turn based rpg's are liked by the majority, hence why so many rpg's follow that route. Some of those that try to go via diferent ways either choose an action rpg combat system or then they need to create something different, which is something that'd be too much trouble, and success wouldnt be guaranteed.

Edit: I've mentioned Japan because that's where Pokemon comes from and Nintendo (and most of the japanese game developers) are more concerned with the sales in their respective country.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

That's one of the secrets of Pokémon sucess. It's the gold mine, the reason why pokémon always sell like water.
If it makes succes, they would not change that no matter what happens.

I think they could make the game with better graphics, they could add a descent storyline, and they could make the game a little more dynamic.

They could add some things like rebattling the gyms, and each gym could have 6 different pokémons, all level 100.
They could make the same with the league.

They could make things more simple, we have lots of pokéballs that are really not necessary

We have itens that could be resumed to just one with the same effects, like Dragon Claw, Draco Plate, Dragon Fang, Dragon Gem and Dragon Scale(it's a item that's just used to evolve Seadra).

We could stop having to use items to breed some pokémons, like Full Incense to get Munchlax, Luck Insense to get Happiny, Rose Incense to get Budew and many others.

I think that having only one rod is really a evolution, as having the market in Pokémon Center.
I think that the changes I said could easily be done in the first game of the 6st generation

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#789 Pingouin7

photo-236924.jpg
fire.gif
fighting.gif
If Pingouin7 becomes furious,
it begins to flame other users
and fights as long as it takes
to make them submit.
Breathing intense, hot flames,
it can burn almost anyone.
Its flaming inflicts terrible
humiliation on enemies.

*DISCLAIMER: I do not take any side in this little argument, I only provide the users with comic relief. This post is not a critique of what Pingouin7 said,
he actually makes alot of sense. I actually think that he hasn't crossed the line but I couldn't possibly pass this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity. In other words,
I had this idea and I had to use it immediatelly lol.
Ooh, do me! Me!

KaitoTheRamenBan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Japan, from what I've read in several websites, beetween Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series, the series that got more fans is Dragon Quest, which always had a traditional turn based combat system, unlike Final Fantasy which always tries to change the combat system in some way. You might not like it, but it's pretty much proven that turn based rpg's are liked by the majority, hence why so many rpg's follow that route. Some of those that try to go via diferent ways either choose an action rpg combat system or then they need to create something different, which is something that'd be too much trouble, and success wouldnt be guaranteed.

Edit: I've mentioned Japan because that's where Pokemon comes from and Nintendo (and most of the japanese game developers) are more concerned with the sales in their respective country.

also Shin Megami Tensei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto