Gaming Pokemon Black or White doesn't work on my flashcart/emulator yet&a

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifer2332

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkenX said:
Good idea. Love the possibility to ask the questions everyone is already asking, in a place where its finally allowed. xD Anyways, here my first few:

Has anyone else attempted to play the game on R4i Gold?

P.S. First post. Yay me? xP
Yes i used the pokemon black rom on my r4i gold and it has epic loading failure it sometimes starts then cuts out at the menu i have r4i gold and hyper4i and hyper4i works propally so yay it works

Posts Merged___________________

QUOTE(YumeMaxx @ Sep 20 2010, 07:37 AM) Basically, from what I've gathered, if your card's name starts with "R4i"- it's not going to run the game and you have to wait for a manufacturer kernel update to (hopefully) fix the problem.

That is the ONLY solution.

from what i gather it works on some i tried my hyper4i and it works and thats a r4i spin off

Saia_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lucifer2332 said:
DarkenX said:
Good idea. Love the possibility to ask the questions everyone is already asking, in a place where its finally allowed. xD Anyways, here my first few:

Has anyone else attempted to play the game on R4i Gold?

P.S. First post. Yay me? xP
Yes i used the pokemon black rom on my r4i gold and it has epic loading failure it sometimes starts then cuts out at the menu i have r4i gold and hyper4i and hyper4i works propally so yay it works

What did u do? Does the Game run on your R4i gold? Which kernel do u use, etc.?
I use a R4 Upgrade, and it doesn't even run ...

saruto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with saving the game on white. On the game it says it saves, but their is no save file. I'm running DeSmuME.

I really need to know how. Atleast someone must know.

1stkirbyever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to post this while I wait about 2 weeks for my copy to arrive.

R4i Gold
Site: http://www.R4ids.com
Kernel: v1.30
Pokemon White & Black [J]--Patched.
Problem: White Screen after loading--freezes.

Settings:
Download Play
Cheats
Soft Reset

Changing any of the settings doesn't help, I also can't update as the download is going very, very slow.

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1stkirbyever said:
Decided to post this while I wait about 2 weeks for my copy to arrive.

R4i Gold
Site: http://www.R4ids.com
Kernel: v1.30
Pokemon White & Black [J]--Patched.
Problem: White Screen after loading--freezes.

Settings:
Download Play
Cheats
Soft Reset

Changing any of the settings doesn't help, I also can't update as the download is going very, very slow.
The site on the card I have was something different. Sadly, I cannot post it on the forums due to the fact they have a stupid rom site linked to them. -_- I wonder if the other firmware you are using would still work on it...

Machima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys will pokemon Black and White be able to work on R4 V2?

R4 V2 is not SDHC and R4 Gold etc.. its just R4 v2

Zawaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm running Pokemon Black on DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86, and I myself am running Windows 7, with a 32-bit. The only problem I seem to be encountering is that the emu lags. A lot. I went into the settings at tried what I could and it helped a little bit, before it wasn't even playable from the lag, and what I did seemed to speed things up. Not by a lot though. I tried exiting out of everything else my computer was running. I even closed explorer.exe. The ONLY thing running was DeSmuME and it still lagged on me. So if anyone has any ideas or ways to fix this, let me know

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zawaz said:
Hey guys, I'm running Pokemon Black on DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86, and I myself am running Windows 7, with a 32-bit. The only problem I seem to be encountering is that the emu lags. A lot. I went into the settings at tried what I could and it helped a little bit, before it wasn't even playable from the lag, and what I did seemed to speed things up. Not by a lot though. I tried exiting out of everything else my computer was running. I even closed explorer.exe. The ONLY thing running was DeSmuME and it still lagged on me. So if anyone has any ideas or ways to fix this, let me know
It means your computer's specs are not up-to-par with DeSmuME. It's a heavy emulator based around the idea of perfection so, unless you have tons of unused RAM, free computer space, processing speed, vid and sound cards, etc etc...You probably won't ever see big games like that working fully on it. This is one reason why a lot of people prefer No$GBA because we can usually get better speeds, if at the cost of better quality sound or graphics.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried with the EZFladh Vi, Supercard DSOne, and AceKard 2i (all with the latest firmware), but the Union Room does not work in Black and the GTS does not work ion White. Eugh. The C-Gear works on both, though.

TheRealFatShady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am wondering if this sounds like AP or my M3....

Using M3 DS Real. (It does occasionally freeze when I use it as an MP3 player, but that is very uncommon, as in maybe every 15 hours of play time)

Got pre-patched ROM's so that I could gain EXP, not freeze at first pokecenter, etc. It has worked.

About eight hours in, I got one freeze. Now it happens every 15 minutes, just got a third badge. Anyone know if there's any newer hex edits from the fixes of two days ago?

AoiAoiAoi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
..copied this from the AKAIO forums.
Game Title: Pocket Monsters Black
Game System:Nintendo DSL
Release Number:5216
Firmware version: AKAIO 1.7.1
Loader version:15/7/2010
Acekard type:Acekard 2.1 "Bad Batch" Brand (sorry, don't know the PCB color)
Acekard HWID:80
Description of problem: When booting into PKMN Black, it loads the "THE POKEMON COMPANY - NINTENDO ™"screen but then freezes on the screen where the intro credit screen:
"1997 Gamefreak
1997...."
appears.
Steps to reproduce: Boot Pocket Monster Black and wait.
Debugged: I have tried the regular, Green and Red DMA modes. All freezes. Incidentally, when booting into Red and Green DMA modes, one can't even see the first screen; it stays white. Only using the regular Yellow DMA modes does even the POKEMON COMPANY screen appears. I have tried a Sandisk 2GB and Kingston 4GB microSD card and has failed to work. I have formatted them both with Ubuntu's GParted, Windows' default formatter and Panasonic formatter. No positive results yield. Tried several copies of ROMs using both Ubuntu and Windows. No luck. As a last resort, tried booting Black with offical Acekard loader. No luck either. Tried (5215) Pocket Monsters White with same results. Used my friends "pre-Dec 09" AK2.1 and the problem does not occur.
Ran my ROMS on emulator and runs fine, ROMs shouldn't be the problem. Just ran GTA :CW and PKMN HG on my cart; the card itself seems to have no issue (except for Professor Layton 3, strangely fails boot).
Other:I personally think that this blackscreen issue could be because I'm using the 'faulty" HWID:80 Acekard 2.1. Even though AKAIO resolved the issue in 1.7, there could be lingering issues. For example, the only other game AKAIO "fixed" was 4 elements (id:?). Maybe, check compatabilty with faulty AK2.1? Reading others on internet forums, most of the Acekard users freeze up after meeting the Professor or have only occasional freezes and the no EXP issue. Just my 2 cents though.
Fix or not, this is certainly strange.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I did an error. The GTS works in Pokemon White.

Apperications towards Acton-san, I know of a way to trade more personally in [Pokemon Black without using the Union Room. Yoyu simply have to exchange each other's friend codes, go to the middle receptionist on the top floor, look for the other person in the WiFi room, and pick the next-to-last option.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I use an R4 III Upgrade with it's latest firmware and have the game working completely and figure I should share what I did...
Firstly, if you use a YSMenu, you should know exactly what this speaks of:

DonBren said:
I have been receiving the error= -4 code on my YSMenu'd R4III Upgrade. (I think it's modeled off of DSTT not sure)
I downloaded and followed this: http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallinone? (put the contents of the build folder in the root)
When I load up the R4 I go into WAIO.nds and then from there load up WoodR4dldi.nds.
Then I load up a Rom that was patched by the Universal Patch by Rudolf and the EXP patch (both found on this thread one on main page one on some other page of this tread)
It works completely without saving problems or anything. R4 Clones and DSTT might want to try this. I'm not sure if it will work or not though...

Now there's a bit more to it so that you have no issues if you are using the same cart as myself...
After putting all of these files into your flashcart make sure the rom you're using was patched by Rudolph's patch and then the EXP (hex) patch found in the Anti Piracy thread.
I noticed with my flash cart i didn't really have to go through WAIO.nds and then to woodr4dldi.nds, I loaded up woodr4dldi.nds by itself but if you feel more comfortable with the first method then do that.

Next, when the woodr4dldi.nds load it should look like wood firmware. Go to where your pokemon game is, press start and then Y to get to your settings. I had changed my save type to "2M".

After that, press your R button until you see something about cheats and reset with their options being "global(off)" for both.... Turn them both to off and press A to save and be out of your settings. Load up your pokemon game and if it loads then that's good.
If it doesn't load try changing the save type again (i had to do this... I first tried 512k and then 1M and then finally 2M which worked best).

This worked for myself and I hope I've helped others
happy.gif

FYI, I've been playing with no freezes or exp problems thanks to those patches. I'm up to the third gym with no issues BESIDES the c-gear which makes the game freeze but there is an easy way around it.
(when you're receiving the c gear... press option 2 and then option 1. It'll avoid activation of this in game device. Do the same when you load your rom again after saving while having the cgear to avoid freezing)

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Hi, I use an R4 III Upgrade with it's latest firmware and have the game working completely and figure I should share what I did...
Firstly, if you use a YSMenu, you should know exactly what this speaks of:

DonBren said:
I have been receiving the error= -4 code on my YSMenu'd R4III Upgrade. (I think it's modeled off of DSTT not sure)
I downloaded and followed this: http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallinone? (put the contents of the build folder in the root)
When I load up the R4 I go into WAIO.nds and then from there load up WoodR4dldi.nds.
Then I load up a Rom that was patched by the Universal Patch by Rudolf and the EXP patch (both found on this thread one on main page one on some other page of this tread)
It works completely without saving problems or anything. R4 Clones and DSTT might want to try this. I'm not sure if it will work or not though...

Now there's a bit more to it so that you have no issues if you are using the same cart as myself...
After putting all of these files into your flashcart make sure the rom you're using was patched by Rudolph's patch and then the EXP (hex) patch found in the Anti Piracy thread.
I noticed with my flash cart i didn't really have to go through WAIO.nds and then to woodr4dldi.nds, I loaded up woodr4dldi.nds by itself but if you feel more comfortable with the first method then do that.

Next, when the woodr4dldi.nds load it should look like wood firmware. Go to where your pokemon game is, press start and then Y to get to your settings. I had changed my save type to "2M".

After that, press your R button until you see something about cheats and reset with their options being "global(off)" for both.... Turn them both to off and press A to save and be out of your settings. Load up your pokemon game and if it loads then that's good.
If it doesn't load try changing the save type again (i had to do this... I first tried 512k and then 1M and then finally 2M which worked best).

This worked for myself and I hope I've helped others
happy.gif

FYI, I've been playing with no freezes or exp problems thanks to those patches. I'm up to the third gym with no issues BESIDES the c-gear which makes the game freeze but there is an easy way around it.
(when you're receiving the c gear... press option 2 and then option 1. It'll avoid activation of this in game device. Do the same when you load your rom again after saving while having the cgear to avoid freezing)

Is R4 III closely related to any of the other clones? e.g. R4iSDHC, R4i Gold, Hyper R4i, etc etc.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um, i sadly dont want to read through 3 pages (hey i have 2 projects to be doing...) so can someone tell me if pokemon back or white works on desmume (or watever its called) and if you can save on it.

thanks in advance

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Black works perfectly on an Acekard 2i with AKIAO, on a DSi XL; never freezes, and EXP AP was fixed via patch.

Have a friend with White on an M3 Real and DSL, works fine.

Another with an M3 Simply on a DS Phat - rull ghetto - no go, white screens and no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: