Gaming Pokemon Black or White doesn't work on my flashcart/emulator yet&a

Status
Not open for further replies.

downpourz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you guys have it on here yet, I have it working on a R4 ultra sdhc set up like this -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KH0VZ9P0 just put all the files in backup on the root of your card and your games in the game folder. you need the ap patched version of the game. I'm at the 4th gym with lockups yet.
smile.gif

killergeist7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried using DeSmuME and can't open the rom, because it says, the rom is invalid.
The question is: Do I need another rom or do I need to configure something?
It worked with no$gba.

Liem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It partially works on the M3 Real. You can't play with cheats, but its fine without them.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downpourz said:
Not sure if you guys have it on here yet, I have it working on a R4 ultra sdhc set up like this -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KH0VZ9P0 just put all the files in backup on the root of your card and your games in the game folder. you need the ap patched version of the game. I'm at the 4th gym with lockups yet.
smile.gif
I am confirming this fix applies to R4i Ultra as well. Thank you Down
All that is needed to be done in the simplest way is trash your old firmware setup, (or back it up, your choice) then use his entire setup on your card, then when you turn on the ds it will auto load ysmenu.
navigate to the game, load, and enjoy

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Mate, the game works on AceKard2i so you can update your list there...
You have to use the hex edit thing.

tnaden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheTwoR's said:
No it doesn't work on all of them. There seems to be a problem with certain sd cards and this game or something. Keep it on the list.

Amorda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tnaden said:
TheTwoR's said:
No it doesn't work on all of them. There seems to be a problem with certain sd cards and this game or something. Keep it on the list.
So there is no hope for us r4i users? I've been trying different things for about 4 days and nothing has worked so far. It's a shame, really. And I doubt the there will be a kernel update any time soon/if at all.
hate2.gif

If anyone has a possbile solution please please please post it. I am willing give anything a shot.

I am using: R4i SDHC red box

I have tried the following:
Rudolph's patch
Slayer's patch
Waio

Haven't tried Ysmenu yet because it seems no one is having luck with that at all. They can't even select anything once in the menu, so hmmmmm.

NoPlace4U

Trophies
XP
Country
IchigoK2031 said:
saruto1 said:
I need help with saving the game on white. On the game it says it saves, but their is no save file. I'm running DeSmuME.

I really need to know how. Atleast someone must know.

There's no .dsv? I'm using desmume, there's a save file and everything.

I have the same problem, the save file is there but the game doesn't load the save file, i dont know what to do.

bebo1120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nebula91 said:
Hi, I use an R4 III Upgrade with it's latest firmware and have the game working completely and figure I should share what I did...
Firstly, if you use a YSMenu, you should know exactly what this speaks of:

DonBren said:
I have been receiving the error= -4 code on my YSMenu'd R4III Upgrade. (I think it's modeled off of DSTT not sure)
I downloaded and followed this: http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallinone? (put the contents of the build folder in the root)
When I load up the R4 I go into WAIO.nds and then from there load up WoodR4dldi.nds.
Then I load up a Rom that was patched by the Universal Patch by Rudolf and the EXP patch (both found on this thread one on main page one on some other page of this tread)
It works completely without saving problems or anything. R4 Clones and DSTT might want to try this. I'm not sure if it will work or not though...

Now there's a bit more to it so that you have no issues if you are using the same cart as myself...
After putting all of these files into your flashcart make sure the rom you're using was patched by Rudolph's patch and then the EXP (hex) patch found in the Anti Piracy thread.
I noticed with my flash cart i didn't really have to go through WAIO.nds and then to woodr4dldi.nds, I loaded up woodr4dldi.nds by itself but if you feel more comfortable with the first method then do that.

Next, when the woodr4dldi.nds load it should look like wood firmware. Go to where your pokemon game is, press start and then Y to get to your settings. I had changed my save type to "2M".

After that, press your R button until you see something about cheats and reset with their options being "global(off)" for both.... Turn them both to off and press A to save and be out of your settings. Load up your pokemon game and if it loads then that's good.
If it doesn't load try changing the save type again (i had to do this... I first tried 512k and then 1M and then finally 2M which worked best).

This worked for myself and I hope I've helped others
happy.gif

FYI, I've been playing with no freezes or exp problems thanks to those patches. I'm up to the third gym with no issues BESIDES the c-gear which makes the game freeze but there is an easy way around it.
(when you're receiving the c gear... press option 2 and then option 1. It'll avoid activation of this in game device. Do the same when you load your rom again after saving while having the cgear to avoid freezing)

I have R4 III upgrade and it dint worked for me any help please

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Amorda said:
tnaden said:
TheTwoR's said:
So there is no hope for us r4i users? I've been trying different things for about 4 days and nothing has worked so far. It's a shame, really. And I doubt the there will be a kernel update any time soon/if at all.
hate2.gif

If anyone has a possbile solution please please please post it. I am willing give anything a shot.

I am using: R4i SDHC red box

I have tried the following:
Rudolph's patch
Slayer's patch
Waio

Haven't tried Ysmenu yet because it seems no one is having luck with that at all. They can't even select anything once in the menu, so hmmmmm.

Same here, although I remember trying YsMenu a long time ago during the Bowser's Inside Story AP dilemma. I remember it working though, maybe not for the game but I think I remember the firmware working

giack44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have an r4 revolution sdhc i have error load rom errcode=-4 please reset system i do the child patch ap patch ecc.... what i must do??

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Black (J) (Bahumut) works just fine on my Acekard 2i without patching or editing.

So far I've named my character, played through the first 2 rival battles, saved and loaded my save game.

No problem
smile.gif

Thiemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bebo1120 said:
nebula91 said:
Hi, I use an R4 III Upgrade with it's latest firmware and have the game working completely and figure I should share what I did...
Firstly, if you use a YSMenu, you should know exactly what this speaks of:

DonBren said:
I have been receiving the error= -4 code on my YSMenu'd R4III Upgrade. (I think it's modeled off of DSTT not sure)
I downloaded and followed this: http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallinone? (put the contents of the build folder in the root)
When I load up the R4 I go into WAIO.nds and then from there load up WoodR4dldi.nds.
Then I load up a Rom that was patched by the Universal Patch by Rudolf and the EXP patch (both found on this thread one on main page one on some other page of this tread)
It works completely without saving problems or anything. R4 Clones and DSTT might want to try this. I'm not sure if it will work or not though...

Now there's a bit more to it so that you have no issues if you are using the same cart as myself...
After putting all of these files into your flashcart make sure the rom you're using was patched by Rudolph's patch and then the EXP (hex) patch found in the Anti Piracy thread.
I noticed with my flash cart i didn't really have to go through WAIO.nds and then to woodr4dldi.nds, I loaded up woodr4dldi.nds by itself but if you feel more comfortable with the first method then do that.

Next, when the woodr4dldi.nds load it should look like wood firmware. Go to where your pokemon game is, press start and then Y to get to your settings. I had changed my save type to "2M".

After that, press your R button until you see something about cheats and reset with their options being "global(off)" for both.... Turn them both to off and press A to save and be out of your settings. Load up your pokemon game and if it loads then that's good.
If it doesn't load try changing the save type again (i had to do this... I first tried 512k and then 1M and then finally 2M which worked best).

This worked for myself and I hope I've helped others
happy.gif

FYI, I've been playing with no freezes or exp problems thanks to those patches. I'm up to the third gym with no issues BESIDES the c-gear which makes the game freeze but there is an easy way around it.
(when you're receiving the c gear... press option 2 and then option 1. It'll avoid activation of this in game device. Do the same when you load your rom again after saving while having the cgear to avoid freezing)

I have R4 III upgrade and it dint worked for me any help please

I have R4 III too!

I tried different .SAV sizes, like 2M, 64M, etc. But everytime when I did new game again and want to save, I get that message what I cant read because its Japanese :|
Anyways I dont see any blue dots, it goes back to the screen :|

PLS help me!!
frown.gif

bebo1120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone help me in the wood for r4 clone you need to run ys menu and then run waio and woodr4dldi or you dont need ys menu?

Posts Merged___________________

can someone tell me how to put ys menu on my r4 III upgrade please

Moderator's Note:
There have got to be better places to ask this.
~Vulpes

Naruto456910

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, nevermind. I got thing to stop freezing when it saves! So basically I know how to make Black and White work N5. =D I'll post a tutorial soon.

Neoixan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frip said:
So can anybody actually answer the question why wifi doesn't seem to work on R4 with Wood 1.13? The lady just seems to explain something instead of letting me into wifi. Everything else of the rom works perfectly. Do I need to unlock something?

I've asked this question at least 5 times now... :|

more info: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=255...p;#entry3140430
Well, I don't know much about the R4 stuff but did you beat the first gym? Did you get a pal pad yet? I wouldn't know since it's in japanese Lol....

Frip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neoixan said:
Well, I don't know much about the R4 stuff but did you beat the first gym? Did you get a pal pad yet? I wouldn't know since it's in japanese Lol....

I have 7 badges. and I have the pal pad.. but I just read somewhere that the middle lady is for friends wifi only.. so I'ma try to add somebody
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P