Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOTE: This hack is no longer being actively developed, but you can still submit bug reports.

Victini's Liberty Ticket Distribution ROM, modified to support 12 Wonder Cards at once in all languages. Press Up/Down to select a Wonder Card and press A to distribute it. The menu names are taken from the Wonder Card files based on your DS's language setting.

Features:
- Multiple Wonder Cards in a single distro ROM
- Ignores date restrictions
- Automatically fixes Wonder Card checksums

How to generate a 12-distro ROM:
1. Put a clean Liberty Ticket distro ROM in the tools folder, name it ticket.nds
2. In the tools folder, edit options.asm to fit your needs (optional)
3. Fire up 12distro.bat and use option 1 to create a base 12-distro ROM
4. Extract Wonder Cards from other distro ROMs using option 2
5. Place all the Wonder Cards you want in the cards folder, name them XX.bin
6. Use option 3 to compile a 12-distro ROM with the cards you want

Credits/Thanks:
- Kingcom (ARMIPS)
- DarkFader (ndstool)
- cearn (grit)
- Yellow Wood Goblin (slot-1 read fix)

Changelog:
v1.4.1 "Skinless" - 21st May 2013
- Liberty Ticket ROM should now be named ticket.nds.
- Settings placed in their own file, options.asm.
- Removed background image support; this seems to fix compatibility with a
whole bunch of flashcards.

v1.4 - 21st April 2011
- Changed the patcher
- Top screen background image support
- Added a whole bunch of new options to 12distro.asm such as menu position,
text alignment, colors, etc.

v1.3 - 17th April 2011
- Added automatic checksum fix for corrupted Wonder Cards.
- Included some extra .bat files to quickly extract/compile.

v1.2 - 4th April 2011
- Now uses the NDS system firmware language for the Wonder Card names.
- Uses a newer version of ndstool (doesn't really matter, though).
- You can now specify in the .asm file at which half-a-line it starts
writing Wonder Card names.

v1.1 - 25th March 2011
- Fixed a slot-1 read access bug, increasing compatibility. Thanks to Yellow
Wood Goblin.

v1.0 - 24th March 2011
- Initial release.

31993-12distro.png

Download: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=31993

D

Deleted-236924

Man, that's awesome.
But how do we choose what Wondecards to add to the rom?

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What other sort of things can be added to this? Can wifi stuff be added to this? Well, obviously, because the wonder card is wifi, unless it's using the EU version, but I mean older things like maybe the mew Nintendo gave out for HG/SS.

D

Deleted-236924

Where did you even get the idea that they used distribution cards for Wi-Fi distribution?
And no, 4th gen Wondercards are different from 5th gen ones.
Is it that hard to just put the Wondercard on a Gen 4 game and Pokétransfer it?

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've uploaded version 1.1, now it should work on all cards. Huge thanks to Yellow Wood Goblin for the fix.

Pingouin7 said:
Man, that's awesome.
But how do we choose what Wondecards to add to the rom?I can't program Windows utilities, so this is kind of tricky... for now, you can use KazoWAR's Liberty Ticket ROM editor to change the wonder cards in the original Victini ROM, then extract that ROM and grab data.bin from it. Rename that to XX.bin where XX is 01-12, then insert it in the 12 distro ROM using a tool like Nitro Explorer.

QUOTE(sk8mystery23 @ Mar 25 2011, 01:23 AM) What other sort of things can be added to this? Can wifi stuff be added to this? Well, obviously, because the wonder card is wifi, unless it's using the EU version, but I mean older things like maybe the mew Nintendo gave out for HG/SS.
For now, I don't think I'm going to add anything else. Maybe in the future I can add support for more Wonder Cards, though.

D

Deleted-236924

Prof. 9 said:
I can't program Windows utilities, so this is kind of tricky... for now, you can use KazoWAR's Liberty Ticket ROM editor to change the wonder cards in the original Victini ROM, then extract that ROM and grab data.bin from it. Rename that to XX.bin where XX is 01-12, then insert it in the 12 distro ROM using a tool like Nitro Explorer.

I'm not sure I get it.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This certainly is a nice find, and nice to see you doing something different for a change other than Code work.
tongue.gif

Thanks for figuring this out. Should make things like multiple Wonder Cards of the same Event a breeze. Like all the Trade for Evolution ones.

Update: I was trying to modify the ASM file so that it could load one or two, and display the Cards like that. But I seem to not know any good way to code different things in, modify, or delete such things to make it work without seeing ** and gibberish everywhere.
laugh.gif

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockman GFF said:
Update: I was trying to modify the ASM file so that it could load one or two, and display the Cards like that. But I seem to not know any good way to code different things in, modify, or delete such things to make it work without seeing ** and gibberish everywhere.
laugh.gif
I've uploaded a new version, now you can specify how much Wonder Cards you want in the .asm file. The maximum is 12, and it will still add 12 wonder card files to the ROM, but you can delete the ones you don't need.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Pingouin7 said:
Prof. 9 said:
I can't program Windows utilities, so this is kind of tricky... for now, you can use KazoWAR's Liberty Ticket ROM editor to change the wonder cards in the original Victini ROM, then extract that ROM and grab data.bin from it. Rename that to XX.bin where XX is 01-12, then insert it in the 12 distro ROM using a tool like Nitro Explorer.

I'm not sure I get it.
Hes telling you to grab this program
http://gbatemp.net/t283345-liberty-ticket-...ditor?&st=0
Then put in the wondercard you want inside it. Then you extract the rom using ndstool or anything similar taking out the data.bin. Then you rename the data.bin to XX.bin where the XX range from the number 01 to 12. The numbers represent the slot of the wondercard. Like 12.bin is the slot 12 wondercard of the distribution. Then you insert the XX.bin file to the ROM using Nitro Explorer or something similar that does the same.

MasterKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there everyone,

I'm using the Duodecuple Distribution tool in Windows XP to add the 12 Wonder Cards options.

I've encountered a problem where when I add 12 Wonder Cards using Nitro Explorer or DS Lazy etc, I get the Wonder Card names alright as a menu, but in the DS and on Emulator it will say there is a problem receiving the gift when I choose a Wonder Card that I placed as a BIN file. The only Wonder Card that works in the list is the Liberty Pass that came originally with the Wonder Card ROM.

I made the same Wonder Cards as single Wonder Cards in the original ROM and works fine, in all languages so I know there isn't something wrong with the Wonder Card I'm using. When I convert the data.bin intro 02.bin and put it in the ROM with 12 Wonder Cards, it won't work. Below you can see what I get as the error:

problemreceivinggift.png

I use Nitro Explorer 2b to make the data.bin into 01.bin and so on for each Wonder Card I need but it won't work that way either, neither if I use DS Lazy to unpack and repack again. I also tried using the ROM already made into my own Wonder Card and also won't work.

So, my question is, what should I do then to get these Wonder Cards working? Only one that works is the original Liberty Pass where all 12 Wonder Cards are the same Liberty Pass but when I replace one, they won't work and only untouched one will work. I'm using Duodecuple Distribution ROM 1.2, I tried with the older versions too and same thing. Did anyone else encountered this same issue? Version 1.11 won't even distribute because I think it won't make my Flash Card work but neither works in the Emulator and neither do Version 1.1 and 1.0.

Did anyone else get this same problem or did it work for you?

Please help =[.

PS: To those who asked if this works for DPPt/HGSS, it doesn't. It's only for the 5th Generation games: Pokémon Black & White all languages.

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems all custom Wonder Cards one inserts using KazoWAR's Liberty Ticket Distribution Cart Editor do not have the correct checksum, so the game recognizes them as corrupt and rejects them. Since the original Liberty Ticket distro ROM has an automatic checksum fix, this wouldn't be a problem normally, but this hack swaps the Wonder Card to be distributed on the fly, so the checksum isn't fixed.

I've uploaded a v1.3 that adds an automatic checksum fix to all 12 Wonder Cards, so custom Wonder Cards should work now.

D

Deleted-236924

When you say "custom Wonder Card", does this include official Wondercards distributed at official Nintendo events?

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pingouin7 said:
When you say "custom Wonder Card", does this include official Wondercards distributed at official Nintendo events?
I mean "any Wonder Card that's been a .PGF at some point", since the PGF file doesn't contain the checksum. If you take a .bin from an official distro ROM it will be fine.

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i really read was "victini event", so with this, can i activate the event in my rom? because i cant download it from nintendo wi-fi, since the DS lite doesnt support wpa

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Die Antwoord said:
all i really read was "victini event", so with this, can i activate the event in my rom? because i cant download it from nintendo wi-fi, since the DS lite doesnt support wpa
You can do that with this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=283192

This hack is just for people who want more than 1 Wonder Card in a single distro ROM.

MasterKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there! Thank you very very much for the quick reply and for the attention.
It really means a lot and helped a lot as well. I'm working now on this to make myself the Distro of the current 12 Wonder Cards I needed. I will let you know about the results. Once again, thank you very much. I remain.

I just finished with the ROM I was working on and works awesome! Thank you so much once again!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?