Gaming Pokemon for the BIG Screen or Web?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nintendo would never do that, simply becasue:

1. Adding all the regions would allow you to catch all pokemon, thus defeating the purpose of buying the two versions (yes, the versions are for that, not for some story purposes).
2. It would take too much time to develop.

Reactions: fischermasamune

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hahahaha why not? Wouldn't it make the ultimate Pokemon game that all fans of the series would like?

It'd be way too long, and also, you level up throughout the game, so even the gyms will have level 100 Pokemon at a point in the game, and there won't be a difficulty increase anymore.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I don't see Pokemon working out on consoles. At least the form it has in the portables. There has been some console pokemon games in the past, but catching pokemon wasn't the focus and was more story line focused. The versions on the portable systems had always had a major element dedicated to catching pokemon as well as singleplayer story line to match.

It's starting to look like Gamefreak might be going more towards the MMO route. Anyone familiar with the recent leaks regarding the "Super Secret Bases" in the upcoming Alpha/Omega Sapphire/Ruby games? One feature was supposedly the ability to make your own gym and challenge others to beat it. It would be cool if there was an online format to the game where trainers in the over-world were not just NPCs, but human players roaming about as well. This of coarse would require a online connection to work and would be quite the overhaul to how the games currently work. Perhaps they are trying to slowly transition into it? :P

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are acting like a console with internet isn't able to supplement the sharing aspect of Pokemon.

Theres more to Pokemon than just trading. Its a game with exploration, a manner of which is not that uncommon to something like Zelda, and its an RPG, where the battles themselves were the soul selling point to the most popular console Pokemon games, Pokemon Stadium. Not saying that a main-Pokemon wouldn't, or shouldn't be on a console... I'm just asking why it couldn't be on a console.

And I'm just going to say that I've NEVER traded a Pokemon with a human being. Atleast I can't remember any time that I have. I've kept Pokemon a single-player experience until Nintendo made Pokemon battles convenient with Stadium and eventually Wifi, and I've always enjoyed main Pokemon games, and I always get excited for the next one coming, and I always buy the newest one. So I can't understand why the social aspect of Pokemon, the one thing I've never participated in, is somehow so important that Pokemon suddenly can't exist as a console game. I don't even leave my house with my handheld systems apart from my phone.

I'm just saying that trading Pokemon in person is overrated, and not a game-breaking feature if that aspect was taken away, or put in another form. Is Wifi and Amiibo not enough?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It will probably never happen,but a full 3D PC Pokemon MMO is a huge opportunity lost.

Each region could be an expansion.

You start in the 1st region,level up,catch pokemon,beat the gym = finish the story.Then you just go looking for rare pokemon,improve their stats,hunt for legendaries and stuff.
After a year or 2,release a new region = expansion,new pokemon,new gyms,new story.Same cycle.
Etc,etc.

The cool thing is,they could still release their handheld games which would sell,because for obvious reasons the MMO would be way behind the new handheld game regions/pokemon.

Gary The Great

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.animecourtyard.com
XP
Country
Mexico
as much as i love Pokemon, i know i will never see a Pokemon game showing us a brand new region, beating elite four and so on like in the handheld. I believe is more the lack of proper developer skills rather than Nintendo refusing to bring it to the Wii (and now the WiiU).

What i mean by that? well it is simple, look how Pokemon X/Y looks amazing but still works like if you was playing Pokemon Emerald. They did an amazing job on the graphics but the code and how the game works is almost the same archaic code with a new paintjob.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as i love Pokemon, i know i will never see a Pokemon game showing us a brand new region, beating elite four and so on like in the handheld. I believe is more the lack of proper developer skills rather than Nintendo refusing to bring it to the Wii (and now the WiiU).

What i mean by that? well it is simple, look how Pokemon X/Y looks amazing but still works like if you was playing Pokemon Emerald. They did an amazing job on the graphics but the code and how the game works is almost the same archaic code with a new paintjob.
The only thing that makes Pokemon X a 2D game is camera angle. It plays like a 2D game but is far from the GBA days.

And you can't even predict Nintendo's moves 6-months in an advance. And by using the word never, are you implying that you intend to die by old age or freak accident, before Nintendo ever decides to bring the core Pokemon experience outside of handhelds? Because never can be a long time.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
As for being able to "catch them all" in one game, good luck with that dream. They sell two versions of virtually the same game (different badguys and pokemon being the major differences) every generation for a reason.

The least profitable thing for gamefreak to do would put out a pokemon game on the Wii U with every pokemon available.

However, I would love another game like Pokemon Colosseum and XD. Those games were awesome and self-contained.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"