Pokemon Go taking measures to keep people indoors

Pokemon_GO_Gen_5_Key_Art.0.jpg

Niantic are now taking measures to keep people indoors with Pokemon Go.
Monster spawns are now increased, so you can catch more Pokemon from home, and Incense is now 99% off and features double it's original duration (up from 30 minutes to 1 hour)
Incense are an item that make more Pokemon spawn near you.
It remains to be seen if these measures will help at all. Personally I don't go outside to play Pokemon Go, I only play it if I'm already going outside for some reason. But depending on how many dedicated fans are left, this could have a big impact.

In a statement to Polygon, a Niantic representative said that the studio is currently “prioritizing updates to Pokémon GO features and experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings.” Notably, the game will be increasing habitats so that trainers can see more monsters nearby while playing closer to home.

Incense packs, which increase monster spawns, are also going on 99% discount — and when they’re active, they will now last an hour.

Incubators, which ask players to accrue a certain number of steps before hatching eggs containing Pokémon, will now be more effective. “Trainers can hatch Eggs twice as fast,” Niantic said.

Finally, PokéStops are dropping Gifts with more frequency. All of these changes are in effect immediately, and will continue until “further notice,” Niantic told Polygon.

:arrow:Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Huh. I thought the Pokémon Go fad was long since over.
Nope, it's still extremely popular. We even still have a very active thread for friend codes on The Temp
That being said, I like this because my new apartment was pretty dead compared to my old apartment. My old apartment happened to be a nest, so it got regular spawns like every couple of minutes.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I recently became a pokemon go fan--er I mean addict!
Gosh I can't stop playing I almost got hit by a bike the other day hahaha.
Yeah the incense is really cheap. 1 pokecoin for 30 incenses.
Though that can only be purchased once if I'm not mistaken.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, it's still extremely popular. We even still have a very active thread for friend codes on The Temp
That being said, I like this because my new apartment was pretty dead compared to my old apartment. My old apartment happened to be a nest, so it got regular spawns like every couple of minutes.
Lucky you.
My new apartment is leagues better than what it used to be back at my parents house 4 years ago
There's like 2 pokestops in my vicinity close by.
There's no pokemon nests or anything major like that but still much better
Mind telling me more about the pokemon nest thing. How it was

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know where this thread is, because yeah, I still play. :grog:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 1coin incense are a one-time only purchasable thing and come in a bundle of...8? or something. To buy more, it's 40 coins for each incense, 250 coins for 8 incense. 1 coin=1 penny USD (ish). But they did cancel/push back the community day planned for this weekend.

I play daily, or try to in-between university stuff. The spawns are a welcome thing, though only if you don't have a shiny of the current spread. The walk distance for eggs is halved I think as well.

March is filled with a lot of pokemon go events. Loads of shiny legendaries and mythicals, new raid bosses, that sort of thing. It'll be interesting to see if they'll redo march events later in the year or what.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this cause of corono virus or something i'm missing.
Well, duh. The game forces arbitrary restrictions to make people band together, and now that there's a health concern, they want to act like they're "on our side" by finally abiding by those who can't or don't want to deal with the idiots that take it too seriously and become toxic about it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Niantic are now taking measures to keep people indoors with Pokemon Go.
Monster spawns are now increased, so you can catch more Pokemon from home, and Incense is now 99% off and features double it's original duration (up from 30 minutes to 1 hour)
Incense are an item that make more Pokemon spawn near you.
It remains to be seen if these measures will help at all. Personally I don't go outside to play Pokemon Go, I only play it if I'm already going outside for some reason. But depending on how many dedicated fans are left, this could have a big impact.

:arrow:Source

You can also add:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At least the 20 you can add MicroSD up to 1TB lol