Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going with Eevee, he's just more versatile than poke-trash pikachu and can be easily bred for other forms...

please put in MEW TRUCK and make it real

Reactions: DocKlokMan

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a brand new core title coming next year, what few reservations I have about these titles are pretty much pointless. Yeah it looks like you don't fight the wild pokemon, but it sounds like next years games will be more traditional in that regard. Yeah, it appears to only be Kanto and possibly only the original 151 Pokemon, but again next year we get a brand new title almost certainly in a new region with new pokemon as well. And yeah, the amount of connectivity with Go and features based on Go mechanics is disheartening, but again it doesn't sound like next year's game will have much of anything to do with Go. I guess ultimately, I'm cool with what these games are, they aren't the games I'm waiting for, but its good to know that the games I am waiting for are right around the corner. And this does look fun and exciting in its own right, I'm certain I'll be picking this up on the day it is released regardless.

So I guess, ultimately, good job Pokemon company. You worried me with the initial reveal of Let's Go, only to get me excited and set my fears to rest within no time by ensuring to us all that new core games are coming next year. Plus, by making this game so tied to Go, they're likely going to get a whole bunch of Go players to now go pick up a Switch, who then next year may also be enticed to pick up the (what I assume will be) gen 8 title. That's the kind of synergy that corporations dream of, and makes it all the more clear why corporations love the term, 'synergy' lol.

Reactions: KingVamp

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im looking forward to this a little disappointed the pokemon go elements how ever im pretty sure i spotted a turn based battle system around about 1 minute 16 seconds in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....