Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i change my mind, i like this game. the switch has been stale as of late, octopath, smash, pokemon, megaman. its looking upward

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Pokemon on console(Even console-lite like the switch) isn't a standard affair but boy does that game look like dog shit. Looks like a phone game.

Not thrilled with the Pokemon GO mechanics. Not at all.

I do like that it's more of the Original/Kanto series(Is that some version of Red from Yellow?). Though not everyone will like that, I guess it makes sense since they are trying something new and integrating Pokemon Go.

Not a fan of the gimmicky pokeball or switch-joycon flicking either but that's whatevs.

Local CooP is cool though I wonder if it will be handled well.

Ugh there better be a legitimate core game coming out soon. I'm not gonna bother with this crappy looking half Pokémon Go spinoff.

I mean, they released one not even a year ago. Do we really need a new(As new as pokemon gets) game every november? I think the longest we've gone without a game in the last decade or so is 2 years. They seem to interchange it with new games being released every year, then 2 years or so. But yeah, if they do it, at least give us something solid. If Pokemon isn't a case of 'not trying to reinvent the wheel' being proven accurate than I don't know what is.

Last edited by TheWolfLord,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Pokemon on console(Even console-lite like the switch) isn't a standard affair but boy does that game look like dog shit. Looks like a phone game.

Not thrilled with the Pokemon GO mechanics. Not at all.

I do like that it's more of the Original/Kanto series(Is that some version of Red from Yellow?). Though not everyone will like that, I guess it makes sense since they are trying something new and integrating Pokemon Go.

Not a fan of the gimmicky pokeball or switch-joycon flicking either but that's whatevs.

Local CooP is cool though I wonder if it will be handled well.

Right, but they announced a new core game for fans of XY and SM to be released next year, so its hard to hold much a grudge against this game. At least in my opinion. It's just a spinoff title they're releasing to get Go players to buy the Switch and hold fans over before the actual main attraction drops next year. Fine by me.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess the online features are false?

Maybe because it is blur or an older built, but this looks much better than this.

Honestly, the only thing that bothered me was the missing battles for wild Pokemon, but then this turned out to be a spinoff anyway.
If they made it clear that this year was a spinoff, less people might of been mad or disappointed.

Not sure it should be $60 dollars tho. I was hoping (specifically main) Pokemon wouldn't jump all the way to $60.

As for the accessories/toys, I never care for them anyway, but that is a lot of money.

Looking very good - it's classic Pokemon, the kind I like. Not at all what I expected, I might jump into this one, it looks fun.
Nice to see that you are being the positive one for once. :P

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but they announced a new core game for fans of XY and SM to be released next year, so its hard to hold much a grudge against this game. At least in my opinion. It's just a spinoff title they're releasing to get Go players to buy the Switch and hold fans over before the actual main attraction drops next year. Fine by me.
Ok, fair enough. Thanks because I missed the announcement for that.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What.. you expect people to actually read?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping this game will be geared towards the younger / casual player market and that will allow them to really ramp up the difficulty of the core games to more older / competitive audience. The difficulty curve in the latest games has been getting really disappointing, I hope this allows them to bounce back.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a brand new core title coming next year, what few reservations I have about these titles are pretty much pointless. Yeah it looks like you don't fight the wild pokemon, but it sounds like next years games will be more traditional in that regard. Yeah, it appears to only be Kanto and possibly only the original 151 Pokemon, but again next year we get a brand new title almost certainly in a new region with new pokemon as well. And yeah, the amount of connectivity with Go and features based on Go mechanics is disheartening, but again it doesn't sound like next year's game will have much of anything to do with Go. I guess ultimately, I'm cool with what these games are, they aren't the games I'm waiting for, but its good to know that the games I am waiting for are right around the corner. And this does look fun and exciting in its own right, I'm certain I'll be picking this up on the day it is released regardless.

So I guess, ultimately, good job Pokemon company. You worried me with the initial reveal of Let's Go, only to get me excited and set my fears to rest within no time by ensuring to us all that new core games are coming next year. Plus, by making this game so tied to Go, they're likely going to get a whole bunch of Go players to now go pick up a Switch, who then next year may also be enticed to pick up the (what I assume will be) gen 8 title. That's the kind of synergy that corporations dream of, and makes it all the more clear why corporations love the term, 'synergy' lol.
We dont know if next year entry will have go connectivity or not. With this game, it even shows a chance of the new game featuring go connectivity again, since it will focus more on the "handheld aspect", and you know, the switch battery is pretty shit and pokemon games drains the battery to death on the 3ds, so pokemon go could still be used as a companion app a-la pokewalker.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh.. Most of the difficulty curve in the earlier games was just level spikes where you had to grind or find one specific pokemon.

If they could find a way to have a different form of difficulty I would like that.

And I really don't know how so many people have problems with the switch battery. I take mine everywhere and don't have it die on me all the damn time. x.x;

Last edited by Tigran,
Reactions: KingVamp

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping this isn't the next mainline game.. Seriously... It has way too much from Pokémon Go.. And that kinda sucks.. Here's hoping E3 gives us something worthwhile.. I doubt it now...
It isn't they announced on Twitter that a new core game is coming out in the second half of 2019

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We dont know if next year entry will have go connectivity or not. With this game, it even shows a chance of the new game featuring go connectivity again, since it will focus more on the "handheld aspect", and you know, the switch battery is pretty shit and pokemon games drains the battery to death on the 3ds, so pokemon go could still be used as a companion app a-la pokewalker.

Sure, but as Eurogamer is reporting: "2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone"."

I find it incredibly hard to believe that that description means that battling and catching wild pokemon in that game will continue to be in the Go style. Perhaps there will be some Go connectivity in those games, but it will almost certainly not be like this.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...no one is talking about the special Pokemon that has never been seen before at the very end of the trailer? I'm thinking it's going to be a Gen 8 exclusive Pokemon similar to Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger or Ash-Greninja from the Sun/Mooon demo.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pros:
Looks amazing
Adorable dressing up of the Pokemon
KANTO IS BACK, BOYS

Cons:
You see Wild Pokemon
Catching them looks atrocious
That sad excuse of a bootleg Red as the male MC
That is implying that the MC is red. If the leaks are right, Red and Blue play a part in the story, and are not the MC/Rival.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It isn't they announced on Twitter that a new core game is coming out in the second half of 2019

Yeah, that was just after my post. Caught that. Still instills some doubt about the next mainline game.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but as Eurogamer is reporting: "2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone"."

I find it incredibly hard to believe that that description means that catching pokemon in that game will continue to be in the Go style. Perhaps there will be some Go connectivity in those games, but it will almost certainly not be like this.
That's what i was trying to say. It could still feature some kind of go connectivity, just not a go gameplay mechanic like let's go pikachu/eevee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol