Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to omit abilities and held items

LGPE.png

To say that the Pokémon 'Let's Go' games are catering to the casual audience more than the core audience would be understating the matter. The game has only the original 151 Pokémon, removes wild battles, and now Serebii has determined yet another change in the formula for Let's Go.

After playing the game earlier today, Serebii has determined that both abilities and held items are absent. This is yet another change that may upset the more dedicated fans. Interestingly, Serebii has confirmed that IVs and EVs are still present in some form, despite being a far more complicated mechanic.

:arrow:Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, this just seems like it's trying very hard to be the definitive Gen I remake. Which, in and of itself, is not a bad idea at all.

The "this pokemon required to challenge a gym" thing, is a bit of a peeve, because even I when I was younger could work that stuff out. For me those strategy guides back then were more for being able to know where I could catch what on my journey and how to best prep for forced battles.

But the sheer elitism that I see in this thread also reminds me of what nearly turned me away from the franchise altogether. The Smogon Smugs, to coin the phrase. The morons who insist that "there's only one way to play it OMGOMGOMGEVERYONEISWRONGEXCEPTFORMEAUUUUUGUH!" people. Yeah, you pricks in particular.

I despised the day/night mechanics in Gen 2. I was blessedly relieved that they were removed in Gen 3... and hated even more that they were back with a vengeance in Gen 4. There is nothing inherently wrong with a simpler experience. So long as it doesn't treat the user/player as an idiot. This was my problem with Detective Pikachu... basically that game would only be fun for anyone that hasn't even heard of or played a single Ace Attorney game. Which is a shame, because it crafted a beautiful world that illustrates the most realistic interpretation, of a world where Pokemon live, play, and work together; and what that would be like. I would be intensely happy if a future main series game took that approach.

Would I say that what we're seeing for Let's go Pikachu/Eevee is perfect and flawless and beautiful in every way? Heck no. But I'm already jaded and know that Tajiri's ego is behind every good (and bad) decision, because he's a tool whose ego and hubris won't let anyone else actually improve upon "his baby". Said ego is why Ash is still the (forced) protagonist of the TV series, and why Ash is still an irredeemable idiot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users