• Total voters

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Graphics don't mean much to me. I'd still be fine with the majority of games I play if they were using sprites. I haven't seen much in new content that interests me that can't be modded into Emerald. To me, I'd be spending $40 for a graphical upgrade over my modded Emerald, so it's just not worth it to me. If you think it's worth it, go for it. Don't let some random guy on the internet stop you from enjoying a game.

C'mon, you really think this is just a graphic update?
The change from 2D to 3D perspective changes almost completely the game experience.
Also, are you really putting your hopes on an obscure mod for Pokémon Emerald that hasn't even been released?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon, you really think this is just a graphic update?
The change from 2D to 3D perspective changes almost completely the game experience.
Also, are you really putting your hopes on an obscure mod for Pokémon Emerald that hasn't even been released?

I've played Y. I didn't really have much of a different experience due to a 3D perspective, I actually prefered Gen 5 aesthetically. Of course, mechanically, it was better. Mega evolution adds a dynamic for more interesting battles and some new interesting abilities were introduced in this generation.

I wouldn't say my hopes are riding on a mega evolution mod, but it wouldn't hurt next time I played Emerald, even if it did I could just remove it. It's just the remakes don't interest me enough for me to put down $40 for it when I still have my Emerald. I tend to be a bit of a miser.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've played Y. I didn't really have much of a different experience due to a 3D perspective, I actually prefered Gen 5 aesthetically. Of course, mechanically, it was better. Mega evolution adds a dynamic for more interesting battles and some new interesting abilities were introduced in this generation.

I was meaning the same game in different perspectives.
Square already remade some old games that had 2D perspective in 3D perspective,
they felt completely different, just take a look at those two:

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was meaning the same game in different perspectives.
Square already remade some old games that had 2D perspective in 3D perspective,
they felt completely different, just take a look at those two:

Some games it can be more interesting, though I tend to prefer top down, anyway. Top down gives you a better view of what's immediately around you. Either way, it doesn't really change any of the gameplay in Pokemon. The remakes just don't interest me yet. There might be something that will pop up after it's out that catches my interest, but chances I probably won't bother with it unless I see it in some pawn shop years down the line for $15.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
German McDonald's Nintendo zone SSID is NZ@McD1 and I believe the demo will be available to download with any AP with this SSID. In case in won't, there are pplenty of real nintendo zone MAC addresses discovered and public VPN gates to trick geoIP restrictions if any.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
German McDonald's Nintendo zone SSID is NZ@McD1 and I believe the demo will be available to download with any AP with this SSID. In case in won't, there are pplenty of real nintendo zone MAC addresses discovered and public VPN gates to trick geoIP restrictions if any.

But us of American Continent won't get them no matter what

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I totally forgot about the 7 hour stream. I would have procrastinated more on my assignment if I did so I guess it was a good thing XD

Only gripe I have about MRayquaza is the pattern around the eye. I like everything else.

You know what would be great? If we had an alternate MForme for Rayquaza as the Primal form.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^Oops I just go straight to last read post :P

Btw does anyone know if preordering both the Japanese versions give you both figures AND the artbook?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder why this thread is so slow,
Pokémon Conquest thread, that isn't even a main Pokemon game, had more than a hundred posts before it's release,
while this doesn't even have 15 pages yet.

Do people get tired of Pokémon? Or do people dislike Ruby and Sapphire and therefore aren't excited with the game?

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder why this thread is so slow,
Pokémon Conquest thread, that isn't even a main Pokemon game, had more than a hundred posts before it's release,
while this doesn't even have 15 pages yet.

Do people get tired of Pokémon? Or do people dislike Ruby and Sapphire and therefore aren't excited with the game?

Maybe it's because a main game was released not so long ago. Admittedly people were hyping about this before it was even announced, but does it really matter? I'm all hyped up for the game but don't really feel like talking about it everyday and we're gonna be able to play very soon anyway.

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally forgot about the 7 hour stream. I would have procrastinated more on my assignment if I did so I guess it was a good thing XD

Only gripe I have about MRayquaza is the pattern around the eye. I like everything else.

You know what would be great? If we had an alternate MForme for Rayquaza as the Primal form.

The eyes look bad ass.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe it's because a main game was released not so long ago. Admittedly people were hyping about this before it was even announced, but does it really matter? I'm all hyped up for the game but don't really feel like talking about it everyday and we're gonna be able to play very soon anyway.

Pokemon Black was released little before Pokemon Conquest.
Pokémon Conquest wasn't even a main series game.

This is not just a remake, it has new content as well(new Mega-evolutions for example)

I see you don't feel like talking about the game everyday and I understand it,
but what about the people who constantly posted on Pokemon Black/White and Pokemon Conquest Threads?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

This is not just a remake, it has new content as well(new Mega-evolutions for example)

but what about the people who constantly posted on Pokemon Black/White and Pokemon Conquest Threads?

Pokemon BW was a new game (at that point).
new storyline.
new creatures to catch.
It offers 156 new pokemon, as compared to 70 X&Y provides.

Even B2W2 generated more hype, because new follow up story,
speculation for Kyurem new forms finally met.
New areas to venture (just by a bit)

Pokemon Conquest wasn't a main series,
but it takes the turn series metagame to a different direction,
so there were excited fans.

Now, speculation time:
Probable reasons to why ORAS not getting that much hype at this point:
  • Doesn't seem to have any new/bigger story/story continuation?
    So far it looks like Groudon and Kyogre are replaced by Primal versions of themselves.
    That's it.
  • Mega evolutions are the primary focus in trailers.
    Don't get me wrong: I love the addition of mega evolutions, and want to see more.
    Problem is, focusing the whole game around a mechanic we already know, feels shallow.
    Are they saying there is nothing more to this game?
  • No new areas to venture?
    Doesn't seem to mention any new areas.
    In that case, at the very least,
    I'm hoping they bring back Battle frontier from Emerald,
    else I'm fearing of nothing much to do post elite four.
  • Hoenn Pokemon are everywhere now.
    Everyone has it. GTS makes it to convenient to find the missing ones.
    and next point to add one:
  • No new pokemon *sigh*
    Well, they are changing the encounter routines on routes,
    which is a good thing.
    But thing is, I've caught them all.
    Ignoring waves of nostalgia I'll probably die from,
    it seems bleak.
  • Secret bases lacking connectivity with XY
    I LOVE SECRET BASES.
    AND I UNDERSTAND HAVING IT TO BE A EXCLUSIVE TO ORAS FOR MARKETING
    BUT DAMNIT
Now let's do comparisons.
Why other remakes seems to have more hype, despite lacking new story (more or less), while also not including nostalgia into the equation:
FRLG
  • able to catch Kanto Pokemon (could barely be done in RS)
  • ability to catch a little some Johto Pokemon (same as above)
  • connectivity with RS (Gen I and II games couldn't transfer pokemon to Gen III games)
  • New areas to explore (sevii islands)
  • storyline slightly extended (Mewtwo can only be encountered much later in the game)
HGSS
  • Revived mechanic: following pokemon (which sadly, got killed off soon after)
  • catch all johto pokemon! (Not everyone has Gamecube for XD and COL, couldn't be done in RS, barely done in FRLG, some missing from DP, and Altering cave sucks)
  • incorporation of Suicune's Crystal story into HGSS
  • adding Ho-oh/Lugia as part of the main story (wasn't done in GS)
  • small new area to be explored (cave below tohjo falls, giovanni backstory, safari zone early game)
  • Arceus side event initiated in Ruins of Alph
Things that didn't make it into FRLG and HGSS, and people still hyped:
1. No more mew glitch
2. No more item cloning glitch
3. No more pokemon cloning glitch
4. Removal of encountering celebi at Ilex

LOL.

Perhaps people will hype when it's around the corner.
I'm waiting for ORAS demo to be dumped for GW ORAS dumped for GW
to experience the demos for myself,
and subsequently buy one of ORAS and find another copy of ORAS somewhere...

EDIT:

But us of American Continent won't get them no matter what

If you meant get them by using the DNS, probably.

It seems like US consoles can get the demo after all:

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/special-demo-version

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's probably a mix of it being a remake and it continuing in the current generation. It might not be generating as much hype as expected, but honestly, I don't remember FRLG or HGSS generating a lot of hype either. Those still sold well. No real need to hype it up, people already know what to expect from them and have already decided if they're going to get one or not, for the most part.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's probably a mix of it being a remake and it continuing in the current generation. It might not be generating as much hype as expected, but honestly, I don't remember FRLG or HGSS generating a lot of hype either. Those still sold well. No real need to hype it up, people already know what to expect from them and have already decided if they're going to get one or not, for the most part.

Well back then I wasn't into forums,
but I sure was hyped up for FRLG.

I hyped more for HGSS here on GBAtemp HAAHAHHA.

Well, ten more days to demo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk