OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Just checking if this is normal.. in Hearthome City, riding around with the bike near the assortment of large buildings, the game chugs for me. It's happened in a few other places where there's lots on screen as well and I'm not sure if it should be doing that..

I don't remember it doing that with Pearl (and a different SD card). Would a slow card manifest itself in such a way?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Passa said:
Hi guys,

Just checking if this is normal.. in Hearthome City, riding around with the bike near the assortment of large buildings, the game chugs for me. It's happened in a few other places where there's lots on screen as well and I'm not sure if it should be doing that..

I don't remember it doing that with Pearl (and a different SD card). Would a slow card manifest itself in such a way?
No that's not normal. I've been playing Platinum for almost 24 hours and it hasn't lagged once. Sometimes when weird things like that happen, your card just needs a fresh format. Backup all your data, then format with this tool: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1530. It'll format it better than a normal Windows format will, so that might help you even more. After that, Platinum should work fine.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
The GTS works fine for me: personally I think it's a fast card speed that prevents the initial freeze for the GTS (black screen after going through the door), but my problem is the actual connection. I keep timing out and getting communication errors.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you experience any freezes trying to access the GTS, there's an easy fix.

Before you enter the door, enable your slow-mo and set it to 50%.
Before you connect online, set it back to 100%

And you'll have no problems.

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
i think its normal cos my retail copy of pokemon pearl was lagging at some places too, on platinum thou i am not experiencing lags
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: F u c Y to the k