Pokemon Presents Feb. 27, 2023 - Scarlet & Violet DLC announced

Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokemon Presents. Get ready to go on 20-minute journey to discover what The Pokemon Company has in store for its fans, which very well could possibly include some DLC for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. We'll cover all the big reveals made during the broadcast.

It begins with The Pokemon World Championship, and how this will be the first event to take place in Japan. It'll take place from August 11 to 13.

Next is a rather dramatic game of the Pokemon TCG. They're releasing a Classic version of the trading card game, with the old cards. It also comes with a high-quality playset designed to "last a lifetime".

Netflix has a Pokemon show on the way. It'll be called The Pokemon Concierge. It will have stop-motion animation.

Pokemon Unite is getting an update. Zacian is the latest addition.

Pokemon Cafe Remix is getting the Paldea starters. If you log in now, you can get an outfit for Greninja. And older chef events are returning.

Pokemon Masters EX is celebrating a 3.5-year anniversary. All champions are featured.

Pokemon Sleep is here. At least, Pokemon Sleep launches later this year. The app will measure the type of sleeping. Each time you sleep, it will match your sleep style with how certain Pokemon sleep, and they'll appear in the app.

The Pokemon Go Plus + device works with Go and Sleep. Launches July 14. You get a special Snorlax with a nightcap if you buy it.

Scarlet and Violet time. Suicune and Virizion are getting Paradox versions. Pokemon Go is getting an update to connect to S/V. Pokemon Home support as well.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are getting DLC about Area Zero. Part 1 is The Teal Mask, and features a new Pokemon. Part 2 is The Indigo Disk. Fall and Winter 2023 respectively. Pre-orders for the DLC get you a Hisuian Zoroark.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda hard to play a game from 1998-2004 when there are cooler games to play. And Nintendo have the reputation of giving their fans table scraps.

If by cooler you mean buggy games with toddler difficulty and no way to actually catch them all then sure, they're cooler.
But I think we have wildly different views on what "cooler" means.

Plus bringing the old games is low effort, and was done on 3DS. There are a lot of players enjoying older games through emulation these days. Its only a matter of Nintendo making the legal offer more appealing than piracy.

Reactions: langston

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately no...

Only the small minority of gamers care about that... Even me personally I'm not playing a Pokémon game again that old. I wanna play the new stuff (still haven't played Violet yet and I bough the game on release) Waiting for all the DLC and etc.. to even touch it.

Kinda hard to play a game from 1998-2004 when there are cooler games to play. And Nintendo have the reputation of giving their fans table scraps.

I hardly use their emulators online because they can't compete to the ones on my phone.

EDIT:
For example you have GBC online they gave you Game and Watch Gallery 3 but where is Game and Watch Gallery 1 and 2?
For GBA Online they have the SMW3 remake but where is SMW 2 and SMW???

They do things not proper I don't expect anything from them. It's the thought the counts I guess?

Pokemon is nostalgia.... everything Pokemon company/gamefreak/Nintendo does is built on nostalgia.

why have NSO in the first place? didnt renew a while back. i was sure we was going to get Gen 1,2,3 on NSO thinking which enables you to transfer pokemon from those games to pokemon home.

not gonna renew...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahaha guess vgc cheaters are going to prison this year, watch it be as bad as that smash tourney (the one they endorsed after c&ding others, you know the one by panda where everyone dropped out in protest canceling the entire event?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately no...

Only the small minority of gamers care about that... Even me personally I'm not playing a Pokémon game again that old. I wanna play the new stuff (still haven't played Violet yet and I bough the game on release) Waiting for all the DLC and etc.. to even touch it.

I hardly use their emulators online because they can't compete to the ones on my phone.

EDIT:
For example you have GBC online they gave you Game and Watch Gallery 3 but where is Game and Watch Gallery 1 and 2?
For GBA Online they have the SMW3 remake but where is SMW 2 and SMW???

They do things not proper I don't expect anything from them. It's the thought the counts I guess?
It’s actually really easy to pick up a game from 2-3 decades ago compared to now. Things work for the most part. Even the “cooler” games aren’t worth the bargain bin with how broken they’re arriving. I’m willing to overlook drastic formula changes, but I’m over games running as poor as they do with more recent tech.

Reactions: Goku1992A

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon is nostalgia.... everything Pokemon company/gamefreak/Nintendo is built on nostalgia.

why have NSO in the first place? didnt renew a while back. i was sure we was going to for Gen 1,2,3 thinking which enables you to transfer pokemon from those games to pokemon home.

not gonna renew...

TRUST ME I understand what you are saying... but I only have NSO for online. I rarely use the emulators on there because they are not that great.

@deinonychus71 and @Maximumbeans

My first Pokémon game was Pokémon Yellow so I get it nostalgia. I was expecting them to at least put them on the Pokémon presentation today but THEY DID NOT. I told a guy on reddit that those games are not guaranteed to be on there. Only the small minority of gamers care about retro Pokémon games it sucks but it's true. Pokémon Scarlett and Violet is bringing in the revenue that game sold 20 million copies under 4 months.

Back in 2004 we have special events now in 2023 you have to "pay" to get new content in games. The world had changed.

Reactions: Kioku

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I just think it’s a bad time. Still too soon for the next generation, probably too early for any side games (if there are any in the works right now) so they’ve just got to pad with updates.

Gotta say though, so many of the fan base wants the Pokémon Company and Gamefreak to slow down and stop pumping games out. Well, this is what that looks like :rofl:
there are a million companies that could make spin off games. nobody expects GF to be the only dev company to make them.
hell, i dont even want GF to keep making them since it's obvious they aren't up to the task.

ArtisanHyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all the things they could have presented, we only got 2 new usable Pokemon from them. This live service thing is killing the fun out of potential new content. Bank support, NSO games, anything Let's Go, just makes the hacking community look like the best content creators for making new ideas for free.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll have to learn how to use Cave manager and put Gen I-III in myself

You don't have to do that... just use MyGBA you're not going to have the box art but you can play the game. I don't use Retroarch I hate the interface. My Galaxy S10 or my Galaxy Tab S7 gives me better performance for emulators. I rarely use emulators on my switch it feels uncomfortable.

@Kioku_Dreams

Well it's a bit complicated... you have to really look at Nintendo Emulator Online structure. When they released GBA online they only gave you the SMW3 remake but not SMW 1 or 2....

They only gave you 6 games...

My point is I wouldn't rely on Nintendo to do anything properly. Which is weird because they hate piracy but they don't provide anything good to limit or slow it down.

Last edited by Goku1992A,
Reactions: Kioku

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I guess I'll have to learn how to use Cave manager and put Gen I-III in myself
It's extremely easy, but for pokemon there is a catch. The NSO emulator do not have RTC, so you will need either a patched rom to easy adjust date and time on every boot or just ignore the RTC events altogether.

Despite that lack of RTC, no emulator for GB and GBA on switch is better than the NSO one.

Reactions: b17bomber

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exhausting nonsensical approaches. Where is the patch schedule? When is HOME getting updated?

With this DLC timeline; by the time the 2nd part is out, people will have forgotten ahout the game

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Exhausting nonsensical approaches. Where is the patch schedule? When is HOME getting updated?

With this DLC timeline; by the time the 2nd part is out, people will have forgotten ahout the game
they said part 1 fall and part 2 winter for the dlc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol