Pokemon Presents Feb. 27, 2023 - Scarlet & Violet DLC announced

Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokemon Presents. Get ready to go on 20-minute journey to discover what The Pokemon Company has in store for its fans, which very well could possibly include some DLC for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. We'll cover all the big reveals made during the broadcast.

It begins with The Pokemon World Championship, and how this will be the first event to take place in Japan. It'll take place from August 11 to 13.

Next is a rather dramatic game of the Pokemon TCG. They're releasing a Classic version of the trading card game, with the old cards. It also comes with a high-quality playset designed to "last a lifetime".

Netflix has a Pokemon show on the way. It'll be called The Pokemon Concierge. It will have stop-motion animation.

Pokemon Unite is getting an update. Zacian is the latest addition.

Pokemon Cafe Remix is getting the Paldea starters. If you log in now, you can get an outfit for Greninja. And older chef events are returning.

Pokemon Masters EX is celebrating a 3.5-year anniversary. All champions are featured.

Pokemon Sleep is here. At least, Pokemon Sleep launches later this year. The app will measure the type of sleeping. Each time you sleep, it will match your sleep style with how certain Pokemon sleep, and they'll appear in the app.

The Pokemon Go Plus + device works with Go and Sleep. Launches July 14. You get a special Snorlax with a nightcap if you buy it.

Scarlet and Violet time. Suicune and Virizion are getting Paradox versions. Pokemon Go is getting an update to connect to S/V. Pokemon Home support as well.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are getting DLC about Area Zero. Part 1 is The Teal Mask, and features a new Pokemon. Part 2 is The Indigo Disk. Fall and Winter 2023 respectively. Pre-orders for the DLC get you a Hisuian Zoroark.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
A DLC before the game is even optimized are you FUCKING KIDDING ME

I knew it was area zero…that was a suspicious amount of the map taken up by uncrossable space
To be cyinnical. I bet it was already near finished, but they had to cut the area because well. looks at how the game launched

that or it was an area that was ready to go. And then sold to us for 30 bucks + Pokémon that we would of had in the past. And that's pretty much the point since as far as I'm aware. Scarlet and violet doesn't expand on sword and shields total Pokémon.

To me at least the series is dead. It died around ultra sun and ultra moon. ( Which in itself is not great considering whole just, re run of the previous games, with tweaked story.)

No one was really asking for the lets go games. (Not the worst offender)
And then sword and shield came out and just. Wow. And then this which is just. Christ.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scarlet/violet are the best pokemon for a while, especially the improvements. combine those with the legends of arceus improvements (different teams, different experimentations) and next main-line and major spinoff should be loads more fun. looking forward to the dlc when i play it at christmas.

glitches weren't really anything serious, though those 5 and 6 star raids were impossible unless you had folks with you who knew what they were doing with the specifically right pokemon and all had perfectly stacked pokemon. heard they fixed that mess though.

anyway, sleep is whatever. i have a fitbit and this seems just like one of those "time" games, like magikarp jump, but with sleep instead. not sure how it assesses the quality of your sleep though...looked like a fitness tracker readout, not a "press a button to log sleep" readout.

i like how in pokemon classic, soon as he evolved the charizard and added double colourless energy it's like "good game, good game". only version i played, and if you were lucky enough to pull enough energies and evolve to charizard without damage, you'd pretty much sweep the board. many an opponent just folded when i evolved.

Tiger21820

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo3dscentral.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guess what!
Buyer beware: If you are playing both games at the same time on two Switches that have the same Nintendo Account and purchase the DLC on both systems, then you won't get to play the DLC on the two systems unless you close one of them!

It's even WORSE than Sword and Shield too! It's IMPOSSIBLE to play both games with the Scarlet & Violet DLC using the same account! This is the reason why I was DREADING DLC for these games, but I had no idea that it would be THIS bad! I have not found a way around this, the secondary system KEEPS ON F---ING SUSPENDING THE SOFTWARE NO MATTER WHAT I DO!!!!!

I deserve to be cast out of GBATemp for purchasing DLC for two broken games and breaking them further until they no longer function...

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO SPAM NINTENDO AND BADGER AND PRESSURE THEM SO HARD TO LIFT THIS RESTRICTION THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO DO IT!!!!!

I am going show my displeasure of making this worse than Sword & Shield's DLC (which you could play both games together using DLC on the same Nintendo Account, just slightly more annoying, and have not found a workaround for Scarlet & Violet) by not playing the games! But first I am going to redeem my mystery gift codes!

This is the DUMBEST thing I've ever seen! Nintendo is DUMBER than a pair of cavemen!

If ANYONE has a solution for this, or some kind of trick to play both games with DLC installed on the same Nintendo Account at the same time, PLEASE let EVERYBODY know, ESPECIALLY me!

Last edited by Tiger21820,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guess what!
Buyer beware: If you are playing both games at the same time on two Switches that have the same Nintendo Account and purchase the DLC on both systems, then you won't get to play the DLC on the two systems unless you close one of them!

It's even WORSE than Sword and Shield too! It's IMPOSSIBLE to play both games with the Scarlet & Violet DLC using the same account! This is the reason why I was DREADING DLC for these games, but I had no idea that it would be THIS bad! I have not found a way around this, the secondary system KEEPS ON F---ING SUSPENDING THE SOFTWARE NO MATTER WHAT I DO!!!!!

I deserve to be cast out of GBATemp for purchasing DLC for two broken games and breaking them further until they no longer function...

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO SPAM NINTENDO AND BADGER AND PRESSURE THEM SO HARD TO LIFT THIS RESTRICTION THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO DO IT!!!!!

I am going show my displeasure of making this worse than Sword & Shield's DLC (which you could play both games together using DLC on the same Nintendo Account, just slightly more annoying, and have not found a workaround for Scarlet & Violet) by not playing the games! But first I am going to redeem my mystery gift codes!

This is the DUMBEST thing I've ever seen! Nintendo is DUMBER than a pair of cavemen!

If ANYONE has a solution for this, or some kind of trick to play both games with DLC installed on the same Nintendo Account at the same time, PLEASE let EVERYBODY know, ESPECIALLY me!
You can just pop the primary switch into airplane mode or just take it off the WiFi while you’re playing both. Shouldn’t be any issue there.

It is a bit silly though, especially if you’re using a cartridge on one system and a digital copy on the other.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guess what!

You can just pop the primary switch into airplane mode or just take it off the WiFi while you’re playing both. Shouldn’t be any issue there.

It is a bit silly though, especially if you’re using a cartridge on one system and a digital copy on the other.
Right! this has always bothered me. any dlc and it requires my switch to "phone home", even with a physical cartridge. their over zealous DRM of account locking all games and dlc to only one active person on one console while playing, per account, and requiring "phone homes" to verify this is ludicrious. their "family" options aren't much help. if it phones home, then I put the switch into airplane mode, it'll take a few hours before it has to do it again. or if i put it to sleep and wake it up, it'll require internet. it won't let me play my game if any dlc has been downloaded for the game until i let it phone home again.

what's the point of dlc if it handicaps my ability to play my physical cartridge! I wanted to see if deleting the dlc data would fix it for trips, but i just use my hacked switch instead as a big middle finger. it's frikin' ridiculous and has definitely cost them sales. but probably not enough for them to care, but still. DRM is anti-consumer in every form.

Last edited by osaka35,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guess what!

Well, you CAN play it using the account that bought it on the secondary Switch it is connected to and play it with any other account on the corresponding primary Switch... so, I don't see the problem here. The only downside I see is that you can't play the exact same savefile on both at the same time, but other than that it solves your problem.

Me and my gf are sharing eShop games and DLC this way. I buy them on a secondary account that is supposed to only run games on her Switch while I play the same games with my main account.

Tiger21820

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well, you CAN play it using the account that bought it on the secondary Switch it is connected to and play it with any other account on the corresponding primary Switch... so, I don't see the problem here. The only downside I see is that you can't play the exact same savefile on both at the same time, but other than that it solves your problem.

Me and my gf are sharing eShop games and DLC this way. I buy them on a secondary account that is supposed to only run games on her Switch while I play the same games with my main account.
Problem is, I already bought the DLC for both versions on the same account and don't want to pay for the same things twice! For some forsaken reason, Nintendo doesn't want anyone playing their software that THEY PAYED FULL PRICE PLUS TAX on two Switches at the same time! My question is... Why? What on EARTH are they SO afraid of as to not let their PAYING customers NOT PLAY THE STUFF THEY LEGALLY BOUGHT ON THEIR STOREFRONT? I'm starting to wonder if they ENJOY being the most hated video game company, and they ENJOY all this negative reception... If they don't like being ridiculed and hated by everybody, then why don't they... you know... actually LISTEN TO EVERYONE'S COMPLAINTS, and uhh... I don't know... OH YEAH! FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS THAT ARE CAUSING THEIR NEGATIVE REPUTATION!!! (Hint: They're a bunch of lazy douches that don't know how to Quality Assure that their games work and play properly and instead rely on others to fix their own problems and then get their secret police to yell "GET ON THE GROUND NOW!!!" and slap you with a lovely Cease and Desist because they apparently like their games to be broken all the time... Oh yeah, their "Seal of Quality" has lost all it's value)

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Problem is...
I totally get your frustration and I agree that the way Nintendo handles this isn't optimal, but what I can't quite grasp is why you dismiss my proposed solution. It literally solves what you are complaining about, so I'll try to explain it as detailed as possible now:

You see, if you got an account A, that account can be linked to a total of two Switch consoles, a primary Switch and a secondary Switch. Now consider another account that we call B. B can be any account that's not A, regardless of region, owner, etc. (for example an account you make to get access to a different eShop region).

Let's assume B is linked to the primary Switch of account A. In this case B can use all purchases made by account A as well without having to pay for them itself. Now, if you link B to the secondary Switch of account A, this will not work. On the secondary Switch only A can access its own content. A can never access the same content on both Switches at the same time, but in this case, it doesn't have to as B will be the one accessing A's content on A's primary Switch.

Long story short: If you know what the primary Switch for the account that holds your digital purchases is, then use a different account on that exact Switch to play them. And if you want to use the same purchases on two consoles simultaneously, you just need to link that account to a secondary Switch on which you play the game with the account that actually purchased the content. As you apparently already linked your account to two Switches, you can easily try this right now. Get your two Switches, try to load a digital purchase with a different account on both of them. On one it won't work and tell you that you are not allowed to use the content, but on the other it will work. The latter is the primary Switch for that account. You may want to start using a different account on that Switch to play your digital purchases, so that your secondary Switch is still allowed to play them using the account that bought them.

And et voilá, you paid once and can play on two separate consoles at the same time. Was that clear or do you prefer a chart/video/TED talk?

Tiger21820

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I totally get your frustration and I agree that the way Nintendo handles this isn't optimal, but what I can't quite grasp is why you dismiss my proposed solution. It literally solves what you are complaining about, so I'll try to explain it as detailed as possible now:

You see, if you got an account A, that account can be linked to a total of two Switch consoles, a primary Switch and a secondary Switch. Now consider another account that we call B. B can be any account that's not A, regardless of region, owner, etc. (for example an account you make to get access to a different eShop region).

Let's assume B is linked to the primary Switch of account A. In this case B can use all purchases made by account A as well without having to pay for them itself. Now, if you link B to the secondary Switch of account A, this will not work. On the secondary Switch only A can access its own content. A can never access the same content on both Switches at the same time, but in this case, it doesn't have to as B will be the one accessing A's content on A's primary Switch.

Long story short: If you know what the primary Switch for the account that holds your digital purchases is, then use a different account on that exact Switch to play them. And if you want to use the same purchases on two consoles simultaneously, you just need to link that account to a secondary Switch on which you play the game with the account that actually purchased the content. As you apparently already linked your account to two Switches, you can easily try this right now. Get your two Switches, try to load a digital purchase with a different account on both of them. On one it won't work and tell you that you are not allowed to use the content, but on the other it will work. The latter is the primary Switch for that account. You may want to start using a different account on that Switch to play your digital purchases, so that your secondary Switch is still allowed to play them using the account that bought them.

And et voilá, you paid once and can play on two separate consoles at the same time. Was that clear or do you prefer a chart/video/TED talk?
Which means I have to create a brand new Nintendo account, right? That's not something I wanted to do, but I'll keep that in mind and give try a try later!

Last edited by Tiger21820,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which means I have to create a brand new Nintendo account, right? That's not something I wanted to do, but I'll keep that in mind and give try a try later!
Not necessarily, as a local account on your primary Switch would suffice if you only need to go online with your main account (or don't use NSO at all).

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guess what!

im so confused hasnt this always been the case with nintendo tho lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1