ROM Hack Pokémon Silver Yellow

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
@brtatu hey there, will 2.0.0 have some text fixes and balancing? Brock is super tough to be the first gym with Earthquake and Rockslide. The two trainers you fight right out of pewter city have super glitched text when the battle starts and ends, this seems to happen with a ton of double battle trainers

Last edited by Stack3r,
Reactions: brtatu

Mudkipzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Is this working with MelonDS in Switch? I asked since I noticed many issues reported with TWiLightMenu

Edit: Is working great with MelonDS in Switch

Thanks!

Last edited by Mudkipzzz,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this working with MelonDS in Switch? I asked since I noticed many issues reported with TWiLightMenu

Edit: Is working great with MelonDS in Switch

Thanks!
TWiLightMenu issues are fixed with my 1.18 release, all you need is the AP patch to make it run on there until the developers update their software.

As stated in one of my previous posts:
Temporarily what you can do, go into _nds/TWiLightMenu/extras and create a folder named "apfix". Then stick the IPS patch (do not rename it) inside that folder.
https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiL...f83ffb/resources/apfix/IPGE-30BA.ips?raw=true

RuinedRun

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Using TwilightMenu++. I've tried this now.

If I load without the save you provide I can load into the game, but the NPC you placed in my room is there telling to use provided save.

When I try to load the provided save, even after creating the "apfix" folder and putting the patch in it, I still get red error screen.

Am on newest twilightmenu and nds-boot strap. Help would be appreciated.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using TwilightMenu++. I've tried this now.

If I load without the save you provide I can load into the game, but the NPC you placed in my room is there telling to use provided save.

When I try to load the provided save, even after creating the "apfix" folder and putting the patch in it, I still get red error screen.

Am on newest twilightmenu and nds-boot strap. Help would be appreciated.
Run the latest version of the hack.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-silver-yellow.520045/post-10193339

DroidBird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo big fan of the project and I really want to play it!

I have been trying to get this working in Drastic on Android for a couple days now.

I have applied the patches and can boot the rom,
I verified the .nds & .sav files are named the same & placed in the same folder

I do not see a way to force-load the save in Drastic - I did see under Advanced Settings
"Use raw .sav format (no footer)" was disabled? Enabling this option did not change my ability to force-load the .sav file (or maybe I just cant find it in the settings/options)

Also, the dude blocking the stairs mentions a Youtube tutorial, but I have not been able to find that.
I used a combination of Readme instructions from 1.17 & 1.18 to get to where I'm at and maybe just missed something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-15-11-48-22-35_e5d3893ac03954c6bb675ef2555b879b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-15-11-48-22-35_e5d3893ac03954c6bb675ef2555b879b.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 33

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yo big fan of the project and I really want to play it!

I have been trying to get this working in Drastic on Android for a couple days now.

I have applied the patches and can boot the rom,
I verified the .nds & .sav files are named the same & placed in the same folder

I do not see a way to force-load the save in Drastic - I did see under Advanced Settings
"Use raw .sav format (no footer)" was disabled? Enabling this option did not change my ability to force-load the .sav file (or maybe I just cant find it in the settings/options)

Also, the dude blocking the stairs mentions a Youtube tutorial, but I have not been able to find that.
I used a combination of Readme instructions from 1.17 & 1.18 to get to where I'm at and maybe just missed something?
rename the save to .dsv format and put it at drastic/backup folder

thanks for the support :)

The_Fox

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey mate, I'm using Drastic and can't load the game. I tried to change the names, change the Sav file into Dsv, nothing is happening. Can you assist?
Eager to play the game!

RoloPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know this is probably not the place to ask, but I wanted to know if it is somehow possible to manually update the database with the cheats where the game appears as 1.17 to 1.18

FlowingAqua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo I just wanted to say that I was looking for something like this a month ago but have no experience with rom hacks so I gave up after finding 3 unfinished projects, but I tried again today and found this. Thank you for putting in so much time and effort to make this. I've always wished you could start soul silver from kanto, and this is basically that. I don't like how the gen 1 games feel on virtual console, didn't grow up with the gen 3 games so those gen 1 remakes aren't nostalgic for me, and the let's go games are obviously very different. I found your thread for Silver Blue and that brought me here and it has been a thrilling day to finally play this thing that I thought would be a lot of fun. Your work has exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much!

CaliCapone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way anyone could email the version of this with the sav file fixed already I've tried for 2 years to be able to play this rom and I can't figure it out only ones I can play are ones that are mtp or (made to play) and it's making me feel real dumb I cant figure this out 😔

lloyd367

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i load the .sav file? cant get outta the bedroom :/
Post automatically merged:

how do i load the .sav file? cant get outta the bedroom:/

Chelmi00

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a question and a comment:
How and when do we get gen 1 starters? I have barely started, but I want to know whether I will easily know when will I face them
The second one is an issue and is that I couldn't patch version 1.18, but v1.17 went smoothly. Why is it that?

how do i load the .sav file? cant get outta the bedroom :/

how do i load the .sav file? cant get outta the bedroom:/
You have to upload the sav file. It depends on your emulator, so not a short answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users