Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is like the third one of these threads I've seen TODAY. My brain fails to even begin to comprehend the level of stupidity one must have to think for ANY reason that it's a good idea to use online features for a game before the game is even officially released. People who have early copies most likely have them for a reason or for review purposes. For all intents and purposes we shouldn't even have this game in full in our hands til this Friday. So honestly what makes one think going online is a good idea? If you get banned for going online it's your own damn fault.

/rant.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got off the phone with Nintendo.

When I contacted them they stated that:
The two error codes are related.
and the quoted the following:
"As a result of a number of Nintendo 3DS users using unauthorized versions of several games, and connecting to the official game servers in violation of our terms of service, these users’ Nintendo 3DS systems that stored the unauthorized game code have been banned from Nintendo’s online network effective immediately."

They asked for my Friend Code and console serial number.

I told them that I just came home, loaded up Mario Kart 7 and attempted to play it online when I got this error. I then attempted to sign into Miiverse and got the other error. When they asked for recent purchases, I told them Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC back in the summer would be my most recent purchase.
When asked if I had the receipt for Mario Kart 7, I told them that I no longer have it as I bought that game at launch and have sense tossed out the receipt.

Here are some facts:
I have access the Friend Plaza but never used any of the online features. If I was prompted if I wanted to connect to the internet, I always canceled or backed out.
The CIAs of both Sun and Moon were the cartridge leaks from that ISO site.
The version number of both Sun and Moon is Version: 0
I have dumped Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire from my own physical retail cartridges and the following version numbers are for those titles:
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Version Number:0 The Update data for X and Y was installed. I did connect to the internet with my dumped copy of Pokemon X in the past month.
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's version number is 3072
I did have my NFC/Wi-Fi enabled while playing Pokemon Moon, but never connected online in-game in Pokemon Moon.
Pokemon Sun and Moon, much like X,Y,OR, and AS disable online play until you connect online.

I have used the NTR Plugin to screen capture Pokemon Moon that required my system to be connected to the internet-This may have caused it, but the game never connected to the Nintendo Network. I doubt that this was the cause however, because when you send the memory patch to NTR it disables online and network play.
I had my Friends List set to never share what game I'm playing, but I did have it set to share my status. This may have flagged my system.
I do have a Nintendo Network ID associated with this system. (So I may be boned)

Over the phone I learned:
That they made have accidentally banned my system because they may have confused in my System's serial number with another system that has done something to get flagged. (Which makes me think the process is manual)
They asked for my Nintendo Network ID and 3DS Friend Code
They are escalating this to a higher person who is undergoing an investigation. If it was in error, I'll be contacted by e-mail. If they find something they'll contact me by phone.
These bans are permanent! These are not temp-bans. GG

If they do find something on the system and contact me by phone, I'm going to just deny everything, act offended, and state that I'll not buy the Switch.
If they want me to send the system to them, I'll refuse, and just accept the fact that my new3DS is perma-banned. They do not have a time frame on when they may contact me. It could be a couple of days, a month or longer.

Unless the new Firmware update is able to phone home to Nintendo and give a list of every single title installed on the system, I have no idea what I did to get banned.

I didn't do anything stupid like attempting to connect to the Sun and Moon's online service.

I have had my new3DS hacked sense September 2016 and have played Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X online and have never been banned.

If the new system firmware phones home and informs Nintendo's servers what the system's serial is, and what installed titles are on the system, then that means if you have FBI, Homebrew, any out-of-region or other unobtainable software or software that wasn't purchased thru retail or eShop then YOU WILL GET BANNED!

F*CK YOU NINTENDO.

Sure, I can't be too mad at them. Their terms of service and User Agreements do state that any unauthorized software or modification will render your software of hardware unusable. It also states that detection of such unauthorized software/hardware will result on being banned from Nintendo Network.

Last edited by DJ91990,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got off the phone with Nintendo.

I hope it works out for you, from what you described, there's no hard reason to explain you getting caught and slapped with a ban. The friend thing is a bit worrying, I think I have my options all "Yes," to show online status and what I'm playing. At the same time I only was on Moon for about 45 minutes. Some other article covered the bans, lazily really, without Kotaku, who ripped from GBAtemp and other places, they wouldn't have anything to write about, for the most part. One interesting comment is imagine if this happened on Xbox and Playstation. Got caught with a pirated game with those consoles and got banned from online, that you had to pay for, referring to Plus and Gold. Ouch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I hope it works out for you, from what you described, there's no hard reason to explain you getting caught and slapped with a ban. The friend thing is a bit worrying, I think I have my options all "Yes," to show online status and what I'm playing. At the same time I only was on Moon for about 45 minutes. Some other article covered the bans, lazily really, without Kotaku, who ripped from GBAtemp and other places, they wouldn't have anything to write about, for the most part. One interesting comment is imagine if this happened on Xbox and Playstation. Got caught with a pirated game with those consoles and got banned from online, that you had to pay for, referring to Plus and Gold. Ouch.

if the bans are perm, I guess ours 3DSs can RustInPeace

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been banned much worse. Have had 2 360 console bans, and a PS3 console + account ban (lost all trophies, legit digital purchases, etc).

It's something we all have to accept when we mess with our systems. Sometimes you just gotta' roll with the punches. Good luck to all (I seem to have escaped the 3DS banwave...) :D

D

Deleted User

Always keep them in a sealed off drawer or a carry case.
I left my 2DS out for one night and somehow a speck of dust got in the screen. I'm so annoyed by it.
I have scratches on my 3DS' top screen that came from god knows where, but surprisingly none on the bottom screen.
Completely different story with my DSi though. That thing was a mess.

Reactions: Queno138
D

Deleted User

Oh well it seems the bans are perma. That's kinda bad to hear but as I said I only played Smash online. It doesn't affect me but i'll try to contact Nintendo to see about getting unbanned just to see how that will work out. I have deleted the ticket and game from my system. It's worth a shot

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have scratches on my 3DS' top screen that came from god knows where, but surprisingly none on the bottom screen.
Completely different story with my DSi though. That thing was a mess.

I always purchase screen protectors, and a case or skins to protect the surfaces.

Same for my DS. my first DS phat has scratches on a bottom screen cause a friend was turn rough when spinning a chakra wheel when playing Naruto.

Vowed to always get screen protectors ever since.

D

Deleted User

Oh well it seems the bans are perma. That's kinda bad to hear but as I said I only played Smash online. It doesn't affect me but i'll try to contact Nintendo to see about getting unbanned just to see how that will work out. I have deleted the ticket and game from my system. It's worth a shot
I was going to do that, but I thought maybe I'd wait until I actually get my copy of Pokemon Moon since maybe they'd ask me to prove I own it or something.

D

Deleted User

I always purchase screen protectors, and a case or skins to protect the surfaces.

Same for my DS. my first DS phat has scratches on a bottom screen cause a friend was turn rough when spinning a chakra wheel when playing Naruto.

Vowed to always get screen protectors ever since.
Whoa I remember that game. That was fun for what I remember of it.

Reactions: Queno138

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been banned much worse. Have had 2 360 console bans, and a PS3 console + account ban (lost all trophies, legit digital purchases, etc).

It's something we all have to accept when we mess with our systems. Sometimes you just gotta' roll with the punches. Good luck to all (I seem to have escaped the 3DS banwave...) :D
I feel you...Im banned from Splatoon since June u,u

*On topic*
Some say that if this is the first time you get this error , you will get unbanned 15 days later. So maybe for those who played online before November 18th may get unbanned around the first week of december (if this is the first time you get it)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well good thing i waited. Only 6 more days. Any one knows why EU gets a late release?

I'm glad I got to play.
completed the game before the game launched, lol.

And I have access to online services again.

EU typically gets late release, because a lot of shops broke street date during XY

Whoa I remember that game. That was fun for what I remember of it.

I enjoyed Naruto 3 and 4.

Not sure if any others came after LOL

D

Deleted User

I feel you...Im banned from Splatoon since June u,u

*On topic*
Some say that if this is the first time you get this error , you will get unbanned 15 days later. So maybe for those who played online before November 18th may get unbanned around the first week of december (if this is the first time you get it)
Yeah, I'm hoping that's true but still, it's Sun and Moon. Nintendo's cash cow of the year

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm glad I got to play.
completed the game before the game launched, lol.

And I have access to online services again.

EU typically gets late release, because a lot of shops broke street date during XY

I enjoyed Naruto 3 and 4.

Not sure if any others came after LOL
Wtf how many hours do you have played? o.o

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I'm hoping that's true but still, it's Sun and Moon. Nintendo's cash cow of the year
Also Cash Cow for some part of 2017*

D

Deleted User

Wtf how many hours do you have played? o.o

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also Cash Cow for some part of 2017*
It's really not that hard. I beat it in 20 hours (my game says 26 because I idle ALOT playing my 3DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might go to sleep