Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day to you, Dio, and thank you for this great rom hack!

I have a question to you. I'm using your documentation to some more information about where can I catch this and that pokemon. But I don't find some pokemons, like Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, and some others starter pokemons in your file "Wild Encounters.txt". So, is that any chance that it's just missing in that file, or you don't implement this pikemons into wild encoumters in your rom hack?

P.S. Sorry for my english.
Search for their evolved forms. Charmeleon is available in Wela Volcano Park. Wartortle is in the grass at Brooklet Hill. Bayleef is in the Lush Jungle.

kababoyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
there is currently an update prompt for usum, what do i do? should i just ignore the main game's updates while penumbra/supernova is installed? im asking because nothing about oncoming updates are mentioned in the op.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is currently an update prompt for usum, what do i do? should i just ignore the main game's updates while penumbra/supernova is installed? im asking because nothing about oncoming updates are mentioned in the op.
nothing about oncoming updates are mentioned in the op.
upload_2018-2-12_2-51-43.png

upload_2018-2-12_2-52-30.png

upload_2018-2-12_2-53-19.png

upload_2018-2-12_2-54-5.png

Look harder.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wasn't I was always way higher than them. Maybe because I kept catching the new pokemon I found and that raised me too high. But I still think there are way too long of stretches where the NPC trainer levels stay the same and my pokemon are going to wind up way above them. Plus the opposing trainers should be on a higher level they shouldn't be trying to stay equal, but I wasn't even equal I was higher.
If you're the type to catch every new pokemon, you'll be overleveled for the majority of the hack. Unless you start skipping trainers or turn off EXP Share. There are still some tough trainers though that can own you despite that, unless you're massively overleveled which you shouldn't be.
This isn't a Kaizo hack, it's a hack that's supposed to be fair yet challenging, without forcing you to EV train or breed for perfect natures/IVs. If you want a Kaizo style hack, there are other choices out there

Last edited by kidisnice87,
Reactions: Josueden69

desrone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way of getting this to work on a gateway 3ds, as a 3ds rom? I've tried patching, but it only produces a patched rom that's 1/4th (ish) the size of the original 4gb rom

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way of getting this to work on a gateway 3ds, as a 3ds rom? I've tried patching, but it only produces a patched rom that's 1/4th (ish) the size of the original 4gb rom
Dump your base game using the latest godmode9 and then follow the instructions for building a *.3ds file.

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to edit a Mart list and an encounter table, do I need something besides the drag and drop files and PK3DS? I keep pointing PK3DS at romfs, but nothing happens.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to edit a Mart list and an encounter table, do I need something besides the drag and drop files and PK3DS? I keep pointing PK3DS at romfs, but nothing happens.
See the FAQ for "I want to play the game randomized but use the Drag and Drop pack". When you say "yes" to "would you like to randomize?", PK3DS will pop up. Instead of randomizing things, you can open the Wild Encounter editor and the Mart editor.
Point it at Extracted_ROM, not Extracted_ROM/romfs.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the FAQ for "I want to play the game randomized but use the Drag and Drop pack". When you say "yes" to "would you like to randomize?", PK3DS will pop up. Instead of randomizing things, you can open the Wild Encounter editor and the Mart editor.
Point it at Extracted_ROM, not Extracted_ROM/romfs.

Thank you! I'm playing Penumbra Moon now after switching to Supernova Sun to finish my initial Ultra Sun playthrough. Just need some Cherish Balls in my life! Also hoping to move a couple of early game pokemon around for my next run so I don't have to keep using PKHex all the time. You do amazing work, thank you for your labor of love with these hacks. They keep me playing Pokemon regularly.

Reactions: Dio Vento

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my shop.cro edited and it's working. But I'm having some trouble finding my edited encounter tables. Where in the actual game is "
Map: 001 - Route 1 (Hau’oli Outskirts) / 005 - Route 1
Tables: 3"? I changed all three tables to reflect my changes, and I know my changes worked because I found something else in a partially edited patch of grass. But I seem to be at a loss for where these three tables are in relation to Route 1...

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played Ultra Moon or Sun, should I play those first, like will I be missing anything? I hate how easy the Pokemon games have been lately.

pattedeluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
some trainer fights are just big bullshit....there is no way a 14 lvl lower Scyther is faster and one shots every pokmon (attack wasnt super effektive) maybe you need to fix some stuff

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some trainer fights are just big bullshit....there is no way a 14 lvl lower Scyther is faster and one shots every pokmon (attack wasnt super effektive) maybe you need to fix some stuff
The only Scyther in a trainer's team is
Gladion's Scyther on Route 5, which is Level 34 and has Wing Attack, Fury Cutter, Laser Focus, and Vacuum Wave. It holds an Expert Belt. There's pretty much no way that's going to be OHKOing your Pokémon, and it's bug/flying type. If you can't beat that without grinding to Lv48, you're going to have problems with this ROM hack.
If you're losing battles to something fourteen levels under you, this isn't the hack for you. In fact, if the way you play Pokémon at any point involves being fourteen levels higher than the opponent, this really isn't the hack for you.

pattedeluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only Scyther in a trainer's team is
Gladion's Scyther on Route 5, which is Level 34 and has Wing Attack, Fury Cutter, Laser Focus, and Vacuum Wave. It holds an Expert Belt. There's pretty much no way that's going to be OHKOing your Pokémon, and it's bug/flying type. If you can't beat that without grinding to Lv48, you're going to have problems with this ROM hack.
If you're losing battles to something fourteen levels under you, this isn't the hack for you. In fact, if the way you play Pokémon at any point involves being fourteen levels higher than the opponent, this really isn't the hack for you.
cause you changed some stats? a level 54 Minior is outspeeding a lvl 81Blaziken......really unrealistic and senseless

Kholdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Dio Vento. I'm not sure if this is asked often, but have you entertained the idea of including Legendary Pokemon into expanded builds, but "nerfing" their BST down so they don't simply roll over the competition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol