Launch trailer for roguelite platformer 'Mr. Sun’s Hatbox' released

mr sun hatbox.jpg

Launching today is Mr. Sun’s Hatbox, a slapstick roguelite platformer from solo developer Kenny Sun and publisher Raw Fury. A launch trailer was aired for the occasion:

When the dastardly Mr. Moon and his troublemakers steal poor Mr. Sun’s hatbox delivery, it’s up to you as an honorable courier to get that hat back! Establish your HQ, upgrade its capabilities, and recruit a crew of reformed hat thieves to set up your next ridiculous heist. Equip an array of stylish hats with unique perks to give you an edge across a variety of missions, from stealthy espionage jobs to all-out combat assaults.

Enjoy Mr. Sun’s Hatbox on your own or via local multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to four players. Play the full campaign solo, or team up with friends in co-op for each mission. When the work is done, hop into fast-paced Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes with tons of powerful hats, lasers, swords, pitchforks, cannons, rubber ducks, stale baguettes and more!

Key features of Mr. Sun’s Hatbox include:
  • Get Hatbox Justice: Start small and assemble a crew to take down the mischievous Mr. Moon and his cronies across a challenging variety of action-platformer missions.
  • Upgrade Your HQ: Build a brig to brainwash captives, a lab to experiment on your staff, a black market to purchase illicit contraband, and more to fuel your next job!
  • Recruit Your Enemies: Eliminate Mr. Moon’s minions, or capture them for your cause! Put together a team of ex-crooks with an array of unique traits to use on future missions.
  • Hats Lots of Hats: Collect over 50 hats with special properties, including Dynamite Headbands, Cardboard Boxes, Noise-Canceling Earphones and Jet Packs! Choose the best hats to complement your play style.
  • Invite Friends for a Hat Party: Play together via local multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to four players! Take on each campaign mission solo or in co-op with buddies, then duke it out in Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes.
  • Vibrant Retro Style: Drape yourself in colorful retro pixel art design from Mr. Kenny Sun, creator of visually stylish experiences like Circa Infinity and Yankai’s Peak.
Mr. Sun’s Hatbox is available today on Nintendo Switch and Steam. Keep an eye out for our full review!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me cynical but indie visuals are too derivative of each other. I wanna see a little innovation there. It’s the highlighted border of out-of-bounds tiles that particularly gets old to me. Kind of like they’re all getting their assets from the same place.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not much into roguelites but I'll give this one a try. There's indeed quite a lot of roguelites these days. Is this because it's easier and quicker (so cheaper) than crafting actual levels ? Just wondering.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not much into roguelites but I'll give this one a try. There's indeed quite a lot of roguelites these days. Is this because it's easier and quicker (so cheaper) than crafting actual levels ? Just wondering.
I think it actually is, most developers just cut some corners to polish the stuff they care about the most

RunePhantom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roguelites are super easy to make, so it's no surprise that a lot of indie devs are making them. Hell, I'm even workshopping one with my buddy right now.

Despite the market being heavily saturated, I think now's the best time to release a game like this. Pick-up-and-play type games such as Isaac and Spelunky are hugely fun and they're great for folks who don't have time to sit and get invested in a full game.

You know, lunch-break gaming.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Roguelites are super easy to make, so it's no surprise that a lot of indie devs are making them. Hell, I'm even workshopping one with my buddy right now.

Despite the market being heavily saturated, I think now's the best time to release a game like this. Pick-up-and-play type games such as Isaac and Spelunky are hugely fun and they're great for folks who don't have time to sit and get invested in a full game.

You know, lunch-break gaming.
Yeah, except...you know, The Binding Of Isaac and Spelunky are actually good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"