ROM Hack Pokemon Sword and Shield Cheats/Hacks/PKHex

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need some help, so i installed checkpoint, atmosphere, all latest version, homebrew aswell.
I then did the back up thing, installed partitions for the sd card, all good so far.
I launced the switch into atmosphere, all good so far.
Then i shut down my switch, i downloaded the cheat file, unrarred it, and place it in the contents folder, so structure wise
it should all be good.
I downloaded edizon and put in the right directory.
Then i launched the switch into atmosphere, i entered the game, pressed home, went to edizon, i see pokemon shield there,
then i click on it, no cheats appear.
What am i doing wrong?
When im in edizon i see this however:
TID: 01008DB008C2C000
PID: 131
BID: b44abd65a6a2fe82
After following a video guide, im getting this message:
Cheats for the game present but title version or region doesn't match.
Even tho i am using the id's at the first page, for the folder, and the cheat file.

I really hope someone can help me understand what i am doing wrong.

Last edited by powerzhea,

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even tho i am using the id's at the first page, for the folder, and the cheat file.

You need to make sure you are matching the Build ID to the version of the game you have on your Switch. So far there's been 4 versions of the Sword & Shield. EdiZon will only load codes for the matching version (aka Build ID.)

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to make sure you are matching the Build ID to the version of the game you have on your Switch. So far there's been 4 versions of the Sword & Shield. EdiZon will only load codes for the matching version (aka Build ID.)

Yeah i had it all working and running now.
Just missing a few cheats. Is there a way to downgrade the game, to be able to use all the cheats?

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to downgrade the game, to be able to use all the cheats?

The short answer is no.

The long answer...

The Nintendo Switch OS records to its internal hard drive a database of all titles you have played, installed, or even just inserted the game card. The database also tracks the versions of all of these titles so if you need to delete the game to make room on your Switch while you are not playing it that it knows which version you were on. There are two reasons for this: piracy and compatibility. The piracy is not important here but just to get it out of the way: the eShop assigns unique IDs to titles downloaded to your system which are flagged when launched on another system. The reason that impacts you here is compatibility.

Occassionally, games add features in which are not compatible with the save file. For example: a game adds a feature for you to have a pet... the save file in the Base Game (v1.0.0) has no idea where to plug that data. When this happens, the game adds code so when it reads save files from older version it knows to convert them to the new format. We have had this happen once already in Sword & Shield with v1.1.0 in January. The save file in the Base Game (v1.0.0) did not have anywhere to indicate if you had encountered the Galarian Slowpoke at the station. So, v1.1.0 or higher of Sword & Shield includes code which detects if the save is Base then if it is it upgrades the save file to the new v1.1.0+ format.

The Base Game (v1.0.0) of Sword & Shield cannot read any save made by v1.1.0 or higher.

So, even if you were to...
  1. Back up your save with Checkpoint.
  2. Factory Reset your Switch.
  3. Reinstall CFW on your Switch.
  4. Install Base Game (v1.0.0) of Sword & Shield.
  5. Play until it says it's Saving for the first time.
  6. Replace the new save via Checkpoint with your backup.
The Base Game (v1.0.0) of Sword & Shield would not know what to do with the save file, think it's corrupt and delete said data.

FYI to anyone who took the time to read this: the game saves data about the Dens. There is no place in the save data for all the new Dens in DLC 1 and DLC 2 so the save file will have to be changed with each up the Expansion Pass updates. The update is required to interact with players with the Expansion Passes so this will impact everyone.

Last edited by Th3Alic3,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i had it all working and running now.
Just missing a few cheats. Is there a way to downgrade the game, to be able to use all the cheats?

You are probably better off just editing via pkhex. The system remember which version update you installed, as for going back to older version you have to delete the ticket for the update, game file and reinstall them, it is a hassle.

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The short answer is no.

Respect and thank you for the time to write all this.
So all we can do is wait for new cheats to be released, but when the dlc's come out,
all cheats might be out of date again?

I also noticed, the game crashes from monday to sunday, if u try to save the game with any cheats enabled.
But while still being ingame, if u disabled the cheats after enabling it, u can save the game without crashes.

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry i require help again, after getting the first badge and all that, i decided, lets turn on the internet in normal booted switch then buy the dlc, i mean after all i had all the cheat stuff already going for me. Then i boot up the switch normally, i go ingame, to buy the dlc, and my save game is gone, its gone back to when i first was able to save the game in the first place.

How do i get my previous save game back, with internet on? If that is even possible?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i require help again, after getting the first badge and all that, i decided, lets turn on the internet in normal booted switch then buy the dlc, i mean after all i had all the cheat stuff already going for me. Then i boot up the switch normally, i go ingame, to buy the dlc, and my save game is gone, its gone back to when i first was able to save the game in the first place.

How do i get my previous save game back, with internet on? If that is even possible?

You do know you will get ban for hacking your switch, why bother buying DLC on it?

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You do know you will get ban for hacking your switch, why bother buying DLC on it?

Can i be banned, even after booting normal, without any mods, not even in atmosphere, using the switch like its not even modded?
Also that did not answer my question.
How do i get my previous save back?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i be banned, even after booting normal, without any mods, not even in atmosphere, using the switch like its not even modded?
Also that did not answer my question.
How do i get my previous save back?

Save is stored on the System if you switch nand the save is on the other NAND, as for banning go you probably got flagged for a ban already for going on the eshop in CFW state.

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Save is stored on the System if you switch nand the save is on the other NAND, as for banning go you probably got flagged for a ban already for going on the eshop in CFW state.

I did not enter the eshop in a CFW state. I did not do any internet stuff what so ever.
The problem i am having now is that when i first started the game i made a save.
Then i did all the modding, i played with the cheats, till after i received the bike.
Then i went to sleep, decided i wanted the dlc, so i loaded up the switch normally, no CFW at all.
I turned off air plane mode, went into the game, after figuring out i can only get the dlc while being ingame, but the save file
i created yesterday by manually saving is gone, and the game loaded is the one i created with internet running, before all the modding took place. It is like when i turn the internet on, it auto restored the last known save game with internet on. I just want the game to replace this save game, with the save game i had before i turned the internet on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The weird part is, if i hover over save game,the game does recognize i saved my game yesterday, but the game just doesnt seem to want to load the game i last saved....

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not enter the eshop in a CFW state. I did not do any internet stuff what so ever.
The problem i am having now is that when i first started the game i made a save.
Then i did all the modding, i played with the cheats, till after i received the bike.
Then i went to sleep, decided i wanted the dlc, so i loaded up the switch normally, no CFW at all.
I turned off air plane mode, went into the game, after figuring out i can only get the dlc while being ingame, but the save file
i created yesterday by manually saving is gone, and the game loaded is the one i created with internet running, before all the modding took place. It is like when i turn the internet on, it auto restored the last known save game with internet on. I just want the game to replace this save game, with the save game i had before i turned the internet on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The weird part is, if i hover over save game,the game does recognize i saved my game yesterday, but the game just doesnt seem to want to load the game i last saved....

Well regardless you did got flagged for a ban if you want to play online since you used cheat.

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did not wanna play online, i only wanted the internet connected, to download the dlc....i dont know how many times i have to say this for you understand and register it, and again still no answer to my question. Can u please just read what i say, try to understand it, answer the question, instead of talking nonsense. Your not helping anyone if u cant understand one simple question, even a 5 year old can understand all i did was explain and ask a simple question. In your mind, u have this crazy nuts idea i wanted to go online with cheats, which i clearly do not. I made very clear why i wanted the internet on. Please use your brain ffs.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not wanna play online, i only wanted the internet connected, to download the dlc....i dont know how many times i have to say this for you understand and register it, and again still no answer to my question. Can u please just read what i say, try to understand it, answer the question, instead of talking nonsense. Your not helping anyone if u cant understand one simple question, even a 5 year old can understand all i did was explain and ask a simple question. In your mind, u have this crazy nuts idea i wanted to go online with cheats, which i clearly do not. I made very clear why i wanted the internet on. Please use your brain ffs.

You shouldn't have lost your save as there is no cloud service for the game, I guess just continue playing unless you did make a backup of the save with homebrew like Checkpoint.

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You shouldn't have lost your save as there is no cloud service for the game, I guess just continue playing unless you did make a backup of the save with homebrew like Checkpoint.

I understand, its weird i lost it. I had 3 eevee's with are very rare for shield. But i suppose i have to learn how to back up the save and restore it, with checkpoint. In case this ever happens again. I even tried to do the secret save backup, but the game said there was no backup.

I think i have discovered the issue, so basically this is the issue:

2 save games, 1 on the orignal nand, one of the cheating modded nand.
So how do i make sure, the cheat modded nand, is on both versions?

Th3Alic3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

To answer that question:
If you own multiple Nintendo Switches with your logged in profile on BOTH with the Primary on the non-CFW, then the CFW will have access to all the eShop titles you have purchased. Due to inconsistent laws surrounding ownership of digitial product globally, the Nintendo Online servers typically only issue bans to the Console's hardward id and NOT your Nintendo Account. However, I should state all the people that I have spoken with have met the criteria above with the two Switches. (I would never recommend eShop use if your one and only set as primary console is your CFW Switch.

I was VERY meticulous over the past year of shifting between SYSNAND (OFW) & SYSNAND (CFW) however you make on slip up and forget to renable to the misdirection DNS and bam... big shock the ban hammer comes down. Yah, this week after a year of using Nintendo Switch Online on my CFW Switch, I slipped up. After the recent (June 4th) System Update for the Switch was updated on my SYSNAND (OFW) side, I accidentally forgot to renable the manual DNS and sure enough the Monday after (June 8th), I was receiving that lovely error.

Why do this? Well, if you do not make money off of Animal Crossing or play Pokémon Competitively in the World circuit... the answer is there's no real benefit. I do play Pokémon Video Game Championship Series tournaments. I used my CFW Switch for Checkpoint and nothing else (see no need to be pirate.) Before travelling to an event, I would use Checkpoint so I could transfer a COPY of my save over to my Nintendo Switch Lite (yes, I have 3 Switches.) I would send a copy of my team that I was planning to use for the event to Pokémon Home. That way if my Switch Lite was damaged or stolen, I would not be S.O.L. for the event nor be down over a 1000 hours of game play cause Nintendo won't let us make fail safe saves for these games without cloud save support.

Last edited by Th3Alic3,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer that question:
If you own multiple Nintendo Switches with your logged in profile on BOTH with the Primary on the non-CFW, then the CFW will have access to all the eShop titles you have purchased. Due to inconsistent laws surrounding ownership of digitial product globally, the Nintendo Online servers typically only issue bans to the Console's hardward id and NOT your Nintendo Account. However, I should state all the people that I have spoken with have met the criteria above with the two Switches. (I would never recommend eShop use if your one and only set as primary console is your CFW Switch.

I was VERY meticulous over the past year of shifting between SYSNAND (OFW) & SYSNAND (CFW) however you make on slip up and forget to renable to the misdirection DNS and bam... big shock the ban hammer comes down. Yah, this week after a year of using Nintendo Switch Online on my CFW Switch, I slipped up. After the recent (June 4th) System Update for the Switch was updated on my SYSNAND (OFW) side, I accidentally forgot to renable the manual DNS and sure enough the Monday after (June 8th), I was receiving that lovely error.

Why do this? Well, if you do not make money off of Animal Crossing or play Pokémon Competitively in the World circuit... the answer is there's no real benefit. I do play Pokémon Video Game Championship Series tournaments. I used my CFW Switch for Checkpoint and nothing else (see no need to be pirate.) Before travelling to an event, I would use Checkpoint so I could transfer a COPY of my save over to my Nintendo Switch Lite (yes, I have 3 Switches.) I would send a copy of my team that I was planning to use for the event to Pokémon Home. That way if my Switch Lite was damaged or stolen, I would not be S.O.L. for the event nor be down over a 1000 hours of game play cause Nintendo won't let us make fail safe saves for these games without cloud save support.

You should never set a primary console that is on CFW, that is stupid.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't do that but I have spoken with a handful of people who have installed CFW on their only Switch. *cringe*

People out there does do stupid things to be honest like linking a NNID to a unit that is on CFW and wanting to play online, only to get the console banned and then they start crying about it. Install CFW on a switch is fine, just that people needs to seperate the NAND if they want to play online, like I said before people should never make a unit that is on CFW as their primary unit, people are just asking for a ban hammer.

Reactions: Th3Alic3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet