Pokemon Uranium Taken Down After Multiple Nintendo Notices

So to no shock to anyone, Nintendo had to go and ruin the party by sending multiple takedown notices to the creators of Pokemon Uranium.
downloadstatement.png

After receiving more than 1,500,000 downloads of our game, we have been notified of multiple takedown notices from lawyers representing Nintendo of America.
While we have not personally been contacted, it’s clear what their wishes are,
and we respect those wishes deeply.
Therefore, we will no longer provide official download links for the game through our website.
We have no connection to fans who reupload the game files to their own hosts, and we cannot verify that those download links are all legitimate. We advise you to be extremely cautious about downloading the game from unofficial sources.

We are blown away by the response this game has received, and we thank you all so much for your outstanding support.
We will continue to provide Pokémon Uranium-related news and updates through our official channels.

You are welcome to continue discussing and sharing content related to the game on our forums and Discord, where there is a very active community.

Thank you for reading, and let’s share the love of Pokémon!
Source
1.0-release-poster.png

For 9 years Pokémon fans have been working on Pokémon Uranium. After many years of hard work the game has finally released.

You obviously can’t buy Pokémon Uranium in stores, or play it on your handheld devices. This is a fan made game meant to be played on your PC.
Get the Pokémon Uranium Free download HERE.

VIDEO SOURCE – POKEMONURANIUM
POKÉMON URANIUM FEATURES

• Tropical setting
    • Over 150 new custom-made Pokémon
    • The ability to talk to your creatures
    • New class: Nuclear Pokémon

Pokemon Uranium is a fan-made Pokemon RPG that has been in development for over 9 years. Set in the tropical Tandor region, the player will encounter more than 150 all-new species of Pokemon in their quest to collect all 8 Gym Badges and triumph over the Tandor League. Along the way, the player must battle against a sinister threat that’s causing Nuclear Meltdowns, and will encounter an all-new type of Pokemon: the Nuclear type.

Article source
Source

Edit: You may need to run Windows 10 in compatibility mode XP Service pack 3. I know my boyfriend was having trouble launching it on Windows 10 64Bit until he ran it that way.
Wine users (Linux, OSX, BSD, ect) follow this guide
http://pokemon-uranium.tumblr.com/post/106346927830/how-to-run-uranium-on-mac-os-x

Edit again: Site crashes a lot due to heavy traffic, you will have to refresh the pages a few times. Or just download the games directly from these links
https://mega.nz/#!6YdCSJ5Q!hkyWiwm9p7nIyGJrnZIDBegjlhOsIfe8Jov4jMjzW-o
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HusEKrIZiQbUlvd0kySHZKSXM/view?pref=2&pli=1
https://mega.nz/#!lJZFEJjZ!FiKskDcBgDfmuz-48V6s4FukclWH44YHgPwBWSqTEc8

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted-379826

Awesome definitely looking forward to giving it a shot! Can't believe they put that much work into it, well done!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it cut the screen weirdly for you? I use my pc as a living room console and the lack of proper GamePad and full screen support is dissapointikg, especially considering AM2R has both.
Yes, unfortunately it does. It's not full screen like AM2R, it's more of a slightly bigger window surrounded by black and shifted to the left.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does it cut the screen weirdly for you? I use my pc as a living room console and the lack of proper GamePad and full screen support is dissapointikg, especially considering AM2R has both.
It just crashes on Linux when I do that, but it still made it full-screen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It lags a bit, even with an Core i5. I found that running it in compatibility mode (Win XP Service Pack 3) helps reduce the lag slightly on Windows 10.
I lags something horrible on all of my computers as well.

Last edited by The Catboy,

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depends but if the support is there you might get an Android port eventually but I am not sure how good RPG Maker is for Android ports
He used RPG Maker XP, so it won't happen. :/ It's basically Windows-only software and there is no Wine for Android(Even if there were, it would be painfully slow on most phones since it would be an emulator instead).

Here's a macOS tutorial, it might be useful for Linux users too, since it's basically what you need to configure on Wine to make it work.

D

Deleted-379826

He used RPG Maker XP, so it won't happen. :/ It's basically Windows-only software and there is no Wine for Android(Even if there were, it would be painfully slow on most phones since it would be an emulator instead).

Here's a macOS tutorial, it might be useful for Linux users too, since it's basically what you need to configure on Wine to make it work.
Crystal says nothing extra is needed for wine on linux

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, this tutorial is nearly two years old by now. I think it should work out-of-the-box on newer Wine(Latest stable is 1.8.x while this tutorial had been written when Wine stable was 1.6.x), but if someone still uses Wine 1.6, they might need to follow that.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Well, this tutorial is nearly two years old by now. I think it should work out-of-the-box on newer Wine(Latest stable is 1.8.x while this tutorial had been written when Wine stable was 1.6.x), but if someone still uses Wine 1.6, they might need to follow that.
Yeah I see what you are saying

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found a bug at the start when after the Professor gives you Pokeballs, if you stand in his path after he goes and takes off, you will be unable to move and have to close the game.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can always be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I said it ran, I didn't say it was perfect.
I am testing this set up now to see if it works better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty +1