ROM Hack Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition English Translation Patch

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Heh traslations done by fans are much more "human" than most games officially localized. Of course, i'm talking about serious fan translators, not those leaving the project right away.

ps: keep up the goodwork guys!

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks good, however I'm a little concerned w/ "Double Slap" and "Humming" 'being out of the window' ^.^
There's only one halfwidth alphabet for use within the game and it's all the same size. To get the smaller text like you'd see in the original game, we'd have to remake the alphabet to suit those areas and point the game to look at the remade alphabet table instead of the typical "tall" halfwidth text. We'll do that...eventually. We're more concerned about having the game mechanics be understandable x)

Heh traslations done by fans are much more "human" than most games officially localized. Of course, i'm talking about serious fan translators, not those leaving the project right away.

ps: keep up the goodwork guys!
used to be me >:

One of the things that always get me about localizations of games are the unique character personalities given to each character in the game - basically, the "voice" given to them which makes them a likeable character. It's more noticable in those games translated by Nintendo's in-house localization (Paper Mario, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin) where they literally look over the script to give it humor and each character their own personal flair.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of Japanese puns and character archetypes to wade through, so while we won't rewrite characters (which we won't, by any means: there will be no AWDS Jakes in this game, no one will be getting served), we'll do our best as a team to bring out the best in each character. We indeed want these characters to be human and not flat Saturday morning cartoon characters

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for this patch to get finished, or at least all the minor stuff done. It's great to see how far this is already.

Izham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey, clonecharizard, did you notice that the patched game isn't compatible with the r4i3ds from r4i-sdhc.com?

Izham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
maybe you need to make the same procedure for jump ultimate stars, or just use yesterday's fw update

Yesterday's fw update did nothing to change this matter actually. I was just pointing it out so that he can add it to a list of flashcarts his patch doesn't work on :)

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,the games gonna be released in english:
The official site has updated with details that Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is to be released in the US. This game, to be titled Pokémon Conquest is to be released in the US on June 18th. We also have the name of Bushous as Warlords and the region as Ransei. We fully covered this strategy RPG when it came out last month in Japan so be sure to check out the section for info.
-----Serebii-----

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Yes, was about to post that it's being localized! But I personally think you guys should keep going, I mean I would play both and see how you guys translate things! >.< hehe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: popeye with spinach solos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Spinach alone didn't give him those arm muscles
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    true, but he's always the underdog until, at the lowest point of the battle, he eats some conveniently located spinach, then he fucks shit up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also as of today i've been on nofap for 3 months
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so uh, yay me for breaking an addiction that many suffer from like that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe the spinach was just a metaphor. Maybe it was really meth or crack.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spinach gave him a tumor
  • BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie:
    Plasturion is working on uncensoring imagine makeup artist!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then we will recensor it...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't want to see that shit
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Since when are bunnies pink? :ninja:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The ones you are hallucinating, or...?
    +2
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    Why is someone spamming call girls in the user submitted news