Pokémon X & Y Pokémon format dumped, decrypted and documented.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is a shame that using this, with wonder trade etc, that the other person's pokemon that they are trading in good faith, will simply be overwritten and wiped from all game history.
sure you could release other people's pokemon that you receive, but it is not a nice idea that the pokemon you are trading are just going nowhere.

pokemon don't have souls. they're 260 bytes of data and nothing more.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
if i use the save dungel to get the save and then moded the save,,,is that gonna work ?
because i am not restoring old save,,,its the same save file

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well at the moment people would just be replacing the other person's pokemon with the one you edited in. right?
maybe in the future someone will make a tool that will trade with yourself etc, and that someone somewhere doesn't need to also be wondertrading for your trade to take place, but that seems more work.

No.
You trick the 3DS into thinking that another player has been found. Though all you do is trade with yourself.

No Pokémon are harmed in the process of this hack.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No.
You trick the 3DS into thinking that another player has been found. Though all you do is trade with yourself.

No Pokémon are harmed in the process of this hack.
so people have been able to not only inject a pokemon, but replicate the whole wonder trade process? are you sure? if it is like this, then good.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
pokemon don't have souls. they're 260 bytes of data and nothing more.

they said the same about Digimons and look what happened on Tamers

if the hack consist only on create pokemons that already can be made through in-game means then I see no harm, just less time wasted doing the same. I used to give my pokemons the EV's I wanted through pokegen until I realized I could do the same with a little more effort multiplying the feathers and vitamins with the dstwo cheat system, cheat anyway but more legit than go and edit like a text file.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so people have been able to not only inject a pokemon, but replicate the whole wonder trade process? are you sure? if it is like this, then good.

Well theoretically it should work like that. No one has been able to do it yet. Though there is someone who claims to have managed to do so.

But yeah, the idea is that you fake the WT into thinking a trainer has been found while it is just your computer sending modified packages back.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well theoretically it should work like that. No one has been able to do it yet. Though there is someone who claims to have managed to do so.

But yeah, the idea is that you fake the WT into thinking a trainer has been found while it is just your computer sending modified packages back.
sure, i understand how it would/could work in the future, but at the moment, well as soon as people start injecting, they will just be overwriting the pokemon, not recreating a the whole wonder trade.
i was just confused since you sounded so certain, but yes i understand, i think :)

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sure, i understand how it would/could work in the future, but at the moment, well as soon as people start injecting, they will just be overwriting the pokemon, not recreating a the whole wonder trade.
i was just confused since you sounded so certain, but yes i understand, i think :)

Personally I think that the overwriting of others Pokémon will pose to be much more of a problem. I also doubt if it could even work that way too. Simultaneously fetching a packet and overwriting it at the same time will probably cause communication errors and other problems.

So the only real way to do it is to replicate the WT process in a closed environment.

Hope that clears it up. =)

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?