Homebrew [POLL] Do you think legit CIA's are piracy?

Are Legit CIA's piracy?

• Yes!

Votes: 426 86.4%
  • No.

Votes: 65 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
is it yours? = NO = Piracy
did you pay for it? = NO = Piracy
is it someone else' = YES = Piracy
addendum:

did you extract it yourself from your 3ds preinstalled? = YES = NOT PIRACY
did you share your extracted legit to others who don't own it? = yes = PIRACY
do you own the actual physical card? = NO = YES (technically it still is, morally no lol)

Last edited by leerz,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, I never understood the moral opposition towards piracy. I mean, it's like if your car was stolen but it was still in your driveway the next morning. Now, actual copyright infringement (bootlegging) I have an issue with since that equates to making monetary gain from someone else's work without the original party ever seeing a dime. But copying data? Meh. Nobody gains or loses anything.

XxKILLx3RxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if someone were to purchase a limited edition 3DS that was intended to have a game preinstalled but the game was deleted, is it still wrong to put back the legit CIA that was supposed to be on it?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Y'know, I never understood the moral opposition towards piracy. I mean, it's like if your car was stolen but it was still in your driveway the next morning. Now, actual copyright infringement (bootlegging) I have an issue with since that equates to making monetary gain from someone else's work without the original party ever seeing a dime. But copying data? Meh. Nobody gains or loses anything.
kinds same with games some dude bought the game and dumped it and put it on the site people download it its only a problem for the company not for the person who buys it. any ways a person not buying a game and not pirateing it would not cause any diffence in sales from a guy who does not buy it and pirates it. so not buying a game and not playing it at all has same effect has piracy does. Like some games have no demos and people don't want to waste money on a shitty game and not get spoiled by gameplay vids

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

saying this game sucks do not buy it has same effect as piracy as those people will not buy the game and not play it at all

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since the game wasn't bundled and preinstalled in your console, or you bought it via eShop, it's piracy, there's no discussion on that.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
it depends on how you obtained such file and if permision was granted. i suppose if nintendo released a legit cia to you. and gave you licence to use said file then sure its legaly ok

however if it just so happens to work because its signed that way but its not distributed that way *only obtainable from the estore as a purchase. if you did not purchase said file then its pircay.

its all about how you obtained a file

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one, had like, 50+ games on my 3DS XL. All purchased by me. Credit Card theft happened and Nintendo received bank charge backs. They also rendered my 3DS XL useless.
What would be wrong with downloading cia files of what I rightfully own? Like, they refuse to help me, so it's the only way you could go, in my situation. It's not like I'm downloading anything I never paid for.

(Oh, funny story, Nintendo kept that money. Nobody ever got anything back.)

Reactions: Ricken

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you were buying n3DSes for 200 then installing a bunch of legit CIAs then selling the n3DSes on e.g. Craigslist for 350 with "brand new lots of games installed!!!" then I would have a problem with that.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The only way that would work was if somebody actually downloaded the fucking car.
lyAKY.gif

I for one, had like, 50+ games on my 3DS XL. All purchased by me. Credit Card theft happened and Nintendo received bank charge backs. They also rendered my 3DS XL useless.
What would be wrong with downloading cia files of what I rightfully own? Like, they refuse to help me, so it's the only way you could go, in my situation. It's not like I'm downloading anything I never paid for.

(Oh, funny story, Nintendo kept that money. Nobody ever got anything back.)
Copyright law states that you may only create/download game backups for archival purposes only. Actually playing them is still considered piracy apparently. Nintendo actually had a lot of influence on the creation of this law.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Ricken

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a stupid question, stupid thread, and you should all be ashamed that it has 5 pages of replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ohio weather is f-ed up, was 61 for the high yesterday, and gonna be 96 by this weekend.