• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Have you had Covid-19 before?

Have you had Covid-19?

• No

Votes: 159 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 118 34.3%
  • Don't know / Never been tested

Votes: 67 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am not lying. People vaccinated against COVID-19 are significantly less likely to die than their unvaccinated counterparts.
That's another lie. Not only does it fail to consider my actual circumstances, but it is an intentional redirect to an intangible claim that cannot be verified or disproven. You are reliably sneaky and a creep.

• Haha
Reactions: M7L7NK7

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's another lie.
First, if I were wrong (I'm verifiably not wrong), that wouldn't make it a lie. It would make me wrong.

Not only does it fail to consider my actual circumstances
I've said numerous times that people with medical conditions that preclude them from being able to get vaccinated should obviously not get vaccinated. However, anyone who can medically get vaccinated is significantly less likely to die if they get vaccinated vs. if they don't.

but it is an intentional redirect to an intangible claim that cannot be verified or disproven.
This is a quantifiable claim dealing with objective metrics that can be verified and proven, lol.

Reactions: KingVamp and Ektif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@scroeffie1984
  1. This isn't an image board.
  2. There's no evidence he said this specifically.
  3. Other things he has said without evidence relating to COVID-19 have been discredited.
  4. There's no evidence that any dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can/will cause a positive HIV test.
Edit: Also, it was reported a few days ago that he died. I have no idea what caused his death, but at his age, he would have been particularly susceptible to COVID-19 if he wasn't vaccinated.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First, if I were wrong (I'm verifiably not wrong), that wouldn't make it a lie. It would make me wrong.

I've said numerous times that people with medical conditions that preclude them from being able to get vaccinated should obviously not get vaccinated. However, anyone who can medically get vaccinated is significantly less likely to die if they get vaccinated vs. if they don't.

This is a quantifiable claim dealing with objective metrics that can be verified and proven, lol.

I didn't question if you were wrong, I said that you were lying. Which maybe we agree is wrong.

You've said numerous contradictory statements that I would rather forgo trying to understand the intention behind your avatar and just work with what is actually said. There's distinct relativity and context to each statement you make, and who you make it to, and in response to what.

You tell me, all the time, that I am more likely to die if I don't get vaccinated, even after the point has been made that you don't know anything about my circumstances. Then, when you get called out like this, you bring up broad-spectrum statistics that apply to your own country based on your own statistics which are as reliable as what, your government? Your healthcare system? Your media? Pick any.

"Significant" is a relative term, asshole.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've said numerous contradictory statements
No I haven't.

You tell me, all the time, that I am more likely to die if I don't get vaccinated, even after the point has been made that you don't know anything about my circumstances.
If one is medically able to wear a seatbelt while in a moving automobile, they are significantly less likely to die if they wear a seatbelt in a moving automobile. If one is medically able to get the vaccine, they are significantly less likely to die if they get the vaccine. These are verifiable quantitative facts.

Then, when you get called out like this, you bring up broad-spectrum statistics that apply to your own country based on your own statistics which are as reliable as what, your government? Your healthcare system? Your media? Pick any.
The science behind vaccine safety and efficacy is far from limited to "my own country."

You almost certainly know better, so it doesn't look like I'm the one being misleading on purpose.

"Significant" is a relative term, asshole.
Sure, but "more likely" and "many times more likely" are not. I think I've said these things enough times for you to know what I mean when I say "significant."

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No I haven't.

Yes, you have.

If one is medically able to wear a seatbelt while in a moving automobile, they are significantly less likely to die if they wear a seatbelt in a moving automobile. If one is medically able to get the vaccine, they are significantly less likely to die if they get the vaccine.

Again, in Japan, the people who are most likely to die from automobile accidents are the people who wouldn't be protected from seatbelts.

This is a false-equivalence which cannot be agreed on in premise, so there is no point in pretending beyond that.
The science behind vaccine safety and efficacy is far from limited to "my own country."

My stats disagree with your stats. I have shown that, and you pretended that you had contradictory measurements and have not provided.

Sure, but "more likely" and "many times more likely" are not. I think I've said these things enough times for you to know what I mean when I say "significant."

Then there is no reason to shift the language used. You are constantly moving the claim to encompass people you have no idea about.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I had it in late 2019....I was off for days and felt sick...coincidently more than half of everyone in my office had this "flu" and were out as well....a few months later our government announced that COVID exists (not after they profited from stock trading)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't believe people who are willing to lie.
I am sorry reality is a lie to you. In reality, those unvaccinated have a higher risk of dying or suffering long-term side effects from Covid. This is a fact, this is reality that is backed up by actual science. Saying to don’t want to believe that or accept that doesn’t mean shit to reality. I would like to see actual evidence that I am wrong and some word salad isn’t evidence.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both Pfizer and Moderna intentionally vaccinated their control groups, so that data is now invalidated. Now Pfizer is fighting against having any more "unfavorable" safety data released that might hurt their business.

I guess this must be the difference between "the science" and regular science? You've made an irreversible health decision based on flawed short term marketing data and will now be lucky to live another decade.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both Pfizer and Moderna intentionally vaccinated their control groups, so that data is now invalidated.

Are you talking about this ?

The people in the placebo group decided to take the vaccine when available and therefore weren't eligible to remain in the ongoing study.. as much as I hate to defend them that's not the same as Pfizer and Moderna deliberately invalidating the control group.

Reactions: Lacius
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having it right now... Apart the first two days which I felt a lil funny, right now it's just a plugged nose and sore throat.
I've been worse tbh.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both Pfizer and Moderna intentionally vaccinated their control groups, so that data is now invalidated. Now Pfizer is fighting against having any more "unfavorable" safety data released that might hurt their business.

I guess this must be the difference between "the science" and regular science? You've made an irreversible health decision based on flawed short term marketing data and will now be lucky to live another decade.
What are you on about?

Reactions: Lacius

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's laughably disingenuous to suggest numerous scientific studies from reputable sources haven't been provided by myself and others.

Your institutions are far from reputable. They are broken and not deserving of trust. Considering America has the worst reporting, I have no reason to think that you are capable of telling the truth or providing a solution.

I am sorry reality is a lie to you.

Haha, go outside. Oh right, you can't.

I am sorry reality is a lie to you. In reality, those unvaccinated have a higher risk of dying or suffering long-term side effects from Covid. This is a fact, this is reality that is backed up by actual science.

That's a statistic established on the American condition, based on the idea that you definitely will get the worst variant of Covid, or shot by a gun, and it's fucking stupid.

I would like to see actual evidence that I am wrong and some word salad isn’t evidence.

Anyone can look up the deathrates in Japan. Suicide is a greater risk by a factor of 2. Watch out. You are twice as likely to kill yourself than to die of Covid. Don't do it!

I also provided the study behind the numbers reflecting increased injury related to the vaccine in Japan. If you want to pretend that never happened, good for you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your institutions are far from reputable. They are broken and not deserving of trust. Considering America has the worst reporting, I have no reason to think that you are capable of telling the truth or providing a solution.
The science is peer-reviewed and replicable. And, as you ignored, it isn't even close to limited to my country.

Haha, go outside. Oh right, you can't.
Outside is the best place you can be to reduce the risk of transmission, you idiot.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, i went out of my way to get it because of the junk science that implied natural immunity would be helpful, somehow i made it without the magic needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: