Homebrew [Poll] How long till Nintendo turn off 3DS online servers?

How long till Nintendo turn off 3DS online servers?

• 1 year

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • 2 years

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • 4 years

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • 5 years

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • 10 years

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Never

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not 2018. Usually when Nintendo discontinue a console, the online servers are still up for a bit longer, with Wii, DS and DSi for example.

Reactions: Brutalanda

suzsuzuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think 10 years of online service. .. so 3DS debuts on 2011, maybe till 2021 we'll have online servers.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and using by example Sony and Microsoft, would make only a vague point as Nintendo didn't really have any sort of system for anything-online till the DS/Wii days (vers, the PS2 having online functionality out of the box and true online services (in japan only w/ the HDD) and XBL "1.0" shutdown in 2010 (though Technically Sony's Online service System for the PS2 (or more its backbone DNAS) saw its final Shutdown Just recently w/ April 2016 [End of Life for FFXI on consoles.] (this was about the same time when Sony ended PSP's PSN.)

point being there were other online services before Nintendo stepped up their "Game "w/ the introduction of the DS and the Wii (and no don't count PSO on the Gamecube as it was handled by Sega's Network and not Nintendo). and Proved that it can be a long time even after a console or handheld's EOL before Online services ended w/ the Exclusion of the Nintendo Wifi Connection (naming to the DS / Wii Services due to the underlying network going under due to its owner going out of business)i think the iteration we have now will be here to stay for quite awhile. being unless the completely haveto restructure things for Future Switch games/ future Device to supersede the 3DS[and far in the future the Switch (if they do. as i doubt if the switch ends badly for them, Nintendo may just stick to the mobile /handheld market which is what they dominate still for the time being w/ Android and iphone devices being their only recent threat.)

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see the servers being shut down until 2020ish. DS and Wii servers didn't shut down until mid 2014 and there weren't major titles being released then.

Spiderkid08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the servers are hosted by nintendo network (which the switch also uses) its safe to say that online for 3ds will go down once the nintendo network gets shutdown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok